Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Daredevil - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I don't think anyone's arguing what the character can do.
I thought someone (Spidey?) said that he didn't use his billy club to grapple or climb up.

Quote:
It's a matter of what we want him to do to make him feel different than Spidey
I think it's different enough because it's not part of his normal move, only part of his reaction to getting attacked. That will make them play differently, I believe.

Quote:
and make his power not feel like teleportation
I thought the addition of "clear sight" took care of that.

Quote:
and make the lack of a falling damage avoidance power not seem odd and inconsistent.
Well, we either leave it off or live with it being inconsistent. Not many other options.
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah ... I guess what I've seen so far is that when we talk about leaving it off, you talk about putting it on, and when we talk about putting it on, you talk about it being inconsistent. So I need to know what you can live with, lol.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:43 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I can live with either one. What I don't think is thematic is limiting his vertical movement in Radar Sense to something much smaller than he can do while grappling with his billy club line. If Spider-Man can do 40 levels and Sgt. Drake can do 45 levels, I think Daredevil should be able to do something close to that, but slightly less. I'm just not seeing the justification for numbers like 6 or 10 when compared to other figures.
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:44 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the justification is based on being more interested in seeing him represented as an acrobat (something different than Spidey) than seeing the Billy Club line represented at all.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:46 PM

So we don't want the billy club line represented on the card in any fashion? It just seems so iconic to me - he does it all the time.
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:48 PM

I can defer to you on that one. My reading experience with Daredevil is very, very limited. I kind of liked the idea of him as more "street level," but if the Billy Club line is key to you, I'm fine with it being represented on the card.

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:52 PM

I have read a lot of Daredevil, and it is his primary means of getting around the city. Not quite as much as Spider-Man, but he does do it a lot. Moreso than Batman, I'd say.

Plus over in the brainstorming thread, all 6 heroes that commented on Daredevil suggested a grapple or swingline type power, which is why I'm sort of confused that people don't seem to want it represented.
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:57 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
I don't think anyone's arguing what the character can do.
I thought someone (Spidey?) said that he didn't use his billy club to grapple or climb up.
I don't think I said he can't. I said I hadn't seen it and no one piped in with "I remember him doing it." To me, its like the Detective aspect of Batman that got left off the Dark Knight's card.
Quote:
Quote:
It's a matter of what we want him to do to make him feel different than Spidey
I think it's different enough because it's not part of his normal move, only part of his reaction to getting attacked. That will make them play differently, I believe.
To me, this will act exactly like Spidey-Sense, with a slight height difference and one less space. Radar Sense allows Daredevil to know something is coming by "seeing" in all directions, but do you think it allows him to avoid gunfire. Spider-Man's Spidey-Sense does. He has Superhuman reflexes which allow him to avoid and move, but Daredevil has no such thing.
Quote:
Quote:
and make his power not feel like teleportation
I thought the addition of "clear sight" took care of that.
On this we can agree.

Quote:
Quote:
and make the lack of a falling damage avoidance power not seem odd and inconsistent.
Well, we either leave it off or live with it being inconsistent. Not many other options.
I wanted it to be more different because it is. I think if you let him move three spaces after successful roll, and add ACROBAT ability I posted he would be way different and allow for more unique movement.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
To me, this will act exactly like Spidey-Sense, with a slight height difference and one less space. Radar Sense allows Daredevil to know something is coming by "seeing" in all directions, but do you think it allows him to avoid gunfire. Spider-Man's Spidey-Sense does. He has Superhuman reflexes which allow him to avoid and move, but Daredevil has no such thing.
According to the Marvel Wiki, Daredevil's radar sense is way stronger that Spider-Man's Spidey-Sense. So even though he's not as fast, he has more advance warning and more time to react. It also says his heightened senses also affect his inner ear, so his reflexes and agility are greater than an Olympic level athlete's. In fact, he can dodge bullets because he can hear the gun being chambered, fired, and the bullets moving.

Quote:
With his other senses enhanced to a superhuman degree, he can feel the thudding of a panicked heartbeat from yards away and dodge bullets by the sound of their passage through the air.
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:38 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Yes, his Radar Sense does warn him of things better because he can "see" them, while Spidey only gets a buzz. But Spidey also gets a buzz if he moves thr wrong way, so he can correct because he does have superhuman reflexes which Daredevil does not.
Quote:
Though he has no superhuman physical attributes beyond an enhanced sense of balance, Daredevil is a master of martial arts.
While he is Peak Human like Batman, he is not as fast or agile as Spider-Man. That is why Spidey should be able to dodge better.
I may know I am about to get shot, but I can't dodge it necessarily, with or without Olympic level reaction speed.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old May 12th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Yes, his Radar Sense does warn him of things better because he can "see" them, while Spidey only gets a buzz. But Spidey also gets a buzz if he moves thr wrong way, so he can correct because he does have superhuman reflexes which Daredevil does not.
Quote:
Though he has no superhuman physical attributes beyond an enhanced sense of balance, Daredevil is a master of martial arts.
While he is Peak Human like Batman, he is not as fast or agile as Spider-Man. That is why Spidey should be able to dodge better.
I may know I am about to get shot, but I can't dodge it necessarily, with or without Olympic level reaction speed.
Though, Batman can avoid not only bullets, but explosions, telepathic/psychic/psionic attacks, Canary Cry etc, etc etc AND be able to wound any attacker that attacked him with any normal or special attack within 5 spaces of him.

I'd say for sure Spidey has better reflexes to avoid an attack, but Daredevil knows what the attack is and where it's coming from before Spidey does, so he should be able to get a slight head start in reacting.

Regardless, I do give the slight edge to Spidey Sense, but Radar Sense isn't so far off as to not be in the same conversation or family picture as Spidey Sense.

Also, I'd figure that Robin is going to have a Bat Grapple type power, does he iconically swing around like Spiderman?

I think that there would be a difference in playing style between Spidey and DD except for the what happens after avoiding an attack where they'd seem similar. However, he'd not be able to grapple/swing any other time like Spidey and Batman can and position themselves better offensively or defensively at a time of their choosing and not just reactionary to an attack.

I'm going to bed now, so I'll check back tomorrow.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 12th, 2010, 01:41 AM

Fair enough. I can be pretty flexible on the Radar Sense thing, personally. Man Without Fear is my gravy on this card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library