Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 24th, 2022, 12:44 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Sad announcement about my life

For those who remember me from back in the day, I have very sad news about my son. As a lot of you knew, I was a single father raising my son. Unfortunately, on Nov 27, 2016, Xayden took his own life at 13, while visiting his mother. I still grieve everyday. I just felt I should share this to explain the thumbnail in my signature. I am looking forward to the new release of Scape, hopefully with this back, I will be able to get out and start socializing with all my old Scape friends and meet new Scapers in my area.

Mark Scott

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old August 24th, 2022, 02:26 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Sad announcement about my life

I'm so sorry. Not even close, but my dad died of terminal mental illness (this is how I prefer to think of suicide) in Nov of 2019. I find recontextulizing it as mental illness has made it easier to understand it is not about blaming myself or my father but the disease itself.

Having this community has been an untold support, as has the large collection of Lego that has taken over my closet. I hope you keep finding that way to move forward.

My heart goes out to you, and I salute your bravery at sharing your history publicly. That bravery will help us shine a light on mental illness so others can heal.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 24th, 2022, 02:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Condolences. Not sure I can say it any better than wriggz.
Old August 24th, 2022, 03:08 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

So sorry to hear this news. Lost my nephew to the same mental illness last year. Can't imagine what it's like to go through it as a Dad. I think I speak for the whole community when I say that our hearts go out to you. Hopefully you can find some comfort in this great community and in some good times ahead playing Scape with friends.
Old August 24th, 2022, 05:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh my god. I remember you talking about him. I am just devastated for you, old friend. I am familiar with that kind of struggle from my own family, and I have felt the powerlessness. More than once. I'm so sorry.

It turns out that we just can't control all the things we thought we'd be able to control.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 24th, 2022, 05:56 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

My sympathies to everyone here who's had to struggle with depression and other mental illnesses. I'm familiar with the pain, both personally and through friends and family, and I know how difficult it can be both for those going through it and the ones around them. I think wriggz put it best when he said thinking of it much like we think of physical diseases does help us to grapple with it.
Old August 24th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thank you all

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old August 24th, 2022, 08:44 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

My condolences. I echo @Sherman Davies . I deal with mental illness every day myself and it's not fun. The best we can do is try to see the good things in life and hold on to that.

Old August 26th, 2022, 12:47 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I'm so sorry about your son Xraine. I've had the brush with the impulse to take my own life a few times. It's been a rough couple of years. So, I sort of understand what he went through. Thankfully, it was only a brush, and scared me enough to get help.

Let's all say a prayer for people suffering from severe anxiety and, I don't know, maybe we can all think of one person in our lives, a friend, a family member, someone from work who we know is feeling down a lot and reach out, not to try and fix them, but just to let them know someone's there for them, and cares.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old August 27th, 2022, 07:18 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My sincerest condolences.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.
Old October 10th, 2022, 01:52 PM

randum is surprisingly tart

Wow, this is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry you lost your son and still feel the pain everyday. I have very little experience with this, but when I was young my cousin was around your son's age when she took her own life and it was horrible for all the extended family.
Old October 12th, 2022, 09:02 AM

BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you are doing as well as can be expected, given the circumstances. God bless you.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General