Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old November 26th, 2022, 06:12 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Xenithrax the Soulweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Anyone have a good proxy for this guy?
I found this proxy, which is a free STL. It has feathered wings and horns so to me it looks like a close match. It's actually holding a ball that could be the Xenithrax Vines deployment. The base can be modified so that it does not stand so tall. It comes pre-supported and not supported really reducing the work to 3D print. It has been posted in @TheIsamu proxy thread.

https://www.myminifactory.com/object...-dragon-118707

Additionally, I created the Glyph of Xenithrax Vines card and label below. I am currently creating the Book of Thread for it.

Old November 26th, 2022, 07:48 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
First reply to a book! Very exciting.
And I'll say it: I think Xeni is a disappointment. Two well-placed ranged squads will erase your 200 points in one round or less. I'd take Nilf or Quahon every time--and save some points while I'm at it.
I also am too, a little bit. When I first saw him, I was hoping for a mega 400-500 point unit, meant to be your entire army.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old November 27th, 2022, 10:32 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I might try running her where Vine glyphs removed from the map go back on her card, so they keep replenishing as they're used and destroyed.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old November 27th, 2022, 01:29 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
The Book of Xenithrax the Soulweaver

Age of Annihilation

Card design made by @Anitar

Official Pre-Release Card
Spoiler Alert!

Character Bio: Xenithrax the Soulweaver is an unfathomably enormous avatar of the raw mystical energies that created our universe, made manifest in the form of a primal apex predator not seen on Arboreas’ for countless epochs. A legend even among the magi of the Dryan Lifeborne Order, Xenithrax personifies the undeniable power of life and death, and being drawn to Valhalla where the mystical wellsprings are located, has amplified that power almost being reason. Now Xenithrax dominates the war-torn plains as an indomitable harbinger of Volarak’s absolute determination, bringing low those that would dare raise blades and barrels against the Valkyrie’s forces. Wherever Xentithrax feet tread, the ground heaves and breaks, dropping her enemies to the ground in horror are she sweeps across battlefields with utter contempt for those that would oppose Volarak. There is little escape from the Soulweaver’s reach, those that try to flee find fast moving tails darting under the crust the earth, and thrusting up through the surface and impaling enemies from below.

The Glyph of Xenithrax Vines:
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
SUMMON VINES
Xenithrax starts the game with three Xenithrax Vines Glyphs on this Army Card. Once per round, after moving and before attacking, Xenithrax may choose an empty space within 4 spaces of Xenithrax and place a Xenithrax Vines Glyph from this Army Card onto that space.

ERUPTING EARTH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 + Special. Attack 4 - Special.
The first target of Erupting Earth Special Attack must be within a Range of 5. After attacking with Erupting Earth Special Attack, you may choose a figure that was adjacent to the defending figure at the beginning of that attack and attack that chosen figure, rolling one fewer attack die. You may continue attacking with Erupting Earth Special Attack in this manner, rolling one fewer attack die than the previous, up to a total of four attacks. A figure cannot be attacked more than once in a turn with Erupting Earth Special Attack.

FLYING

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
- Greenscale Warriors: Lizard King Bonding
If chosen as their Lizard King, Xenithrax the Soulweaver may benefit from the Greenscale Warriors' Lizard King Bonding activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- Greenscale Warriors: Loyalty to the Lizard King
As a huge Dragon Hero, Xenithrax the Soulweaver may be chosen as the Greenscale Warriors' Lizard King and may activate their Attack and Defense bonus.

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

I am working on the Book of The Glyph of Xenithrax Vines and before I post it I am looking for opinions on a rule clarification for it. The glyph definition states that when a large figure moves on to the glyph to immediately remove it from the battlefield and that figure can continue its movement. So does that mean it still has to roll one die for a potential wound or are large figures exempt from any affects of the glyph?
Old November 27th, 2022, 02:48 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
I am working on the Book of The Glyph of Xenithrax Vines and before I post it I am looking for opinions on a rule clarification for it. The glyph definition states that when a large figure moves on to the glyph to immediately remove it from the battlefield and that figure can continue its movement. So does that mean it still has to roll one die for a potential wound or are large figures exempt from any affects of the glyph?

First: No, it's Huge figures that get to wreck the Glyph. Large figures are fully susceptible to its effects.

Second: The Glyph is removed immediately when the Huge figure steps on it, before you continue your movement. By the time you're moving, you're not "moving off of it", because it doesn't exist anymore; so no, it can't hurt you in that case.
Old November 27th, 2022, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:

First: No, it's Huge figures that get to wreck the Glyph. Large figures are fully susceptible to its effects.

Second: The Glyph is removed immediately when the Huge figure steps on it, before you continue your movement. By the time you're moving, you're not "moving off of it", because it doesn't exist anymore; so no, it can't hurt you in that case.
@Anitar good catch and I did mean Huge not Large. My thought was exactly how you are describing it that a Huge figure basically crushes it, but I wanted to make sure that is how others interpreted it. Thanks for your response that clears up how I’m and going to write the bio.
Old November 28th, 2022, 12:29 AM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
The Book of Xenithrax the Soulweaver

Age of Annihilation

Card design made by @Anitar

Official Pre-Release Card
Spoiler Alert!

Character Bio: Xenithrax the Soulweaver is an unfathomably enormous avatar of the raw mystical energies that created our universe, made manifest in the form of a primal apex predator not seen on Arboreas’ for countless epochs. A legend even among the magi of the Dryan Lifeborne Order, Xenithrax personifies the undeniable power of life and death, and being drawn to Valhalla where the mystical wellsprings are located, has amplified that power almost being reason. Now Xenithrax dominates the war-torn plains as an indomitable harbinger of Volarak’s absolute determination, bringing low those that would dare raise blades and barrels against the Valkyrie’s forces. Wherever Xentithrax feet tread, the ground heaves and breaks, dropping her enemies to the ground in horror are she sweeps across battlefields with utter contempt for those that would oppose Volarak. There is little escape from the Soulweaver’s reach, those that try to flee find fast moving tails darting under the crust the earth, and thrusting up through the surface and impaling enemies from below.

The Glyph of Xenithrax Vines:
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
SUMMON VINES
Xenithrax starts the game with three Xenithrax Vines Glyphs on this Army Card. Once per round, after moving and before attacking, Xenithrax may choose an empty space within 4 spaces of Xenithrax and place a Xenithrax Vines Glyph from this Army Card onto that space.

ERUPTING EARTH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 + Special. Attack 4 - Special.
The first target of Erupting Earth Special Attack must be within a Range of 5. After attacking with Erupting Earth Special Attack, you may choose a figure that was adjacent to the defending figure at the beginning of that attack and attack that chosen figure, rolling one fewer attack die. You may continue attacking with Erupting Earth Special Attack in this manner, rolling one fewer attack die than the previous, up to a total of four attacks. A figure cannot be attacked more than once in a turn with Erupting Earth Special Attack.

FLYING

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
- Greenscale Warriors: Lizard King Bonding
If chosen as their Lizard King, Xenithrax the Soulweaver may benefit from the Greenscale Warriors' Lizard King Bonding activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- Greenscale Warriors: Loyalty to the Lizard King
As a huge Dragon Hero, Xenithrax the Soulweaver may be chosen as the Greenscale Warriors' Lizard King and may activate their Attack and Defense bonus.

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

Anitar is correct here. Also, once you finish your Book, I'll incorporate a link to it into this thread's OP.

Last edited by Blue Trails; November 28th, 2022 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Grammar.
Old December 29th, 2022, 01:47 PM

Mr. Phats is surprisingly tart

Really sucks that the campaign didn't back... This would've been awesome.

You're gonna carry that weight... all 250 pounds of it.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 10:47 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Xenithrax the Vineweaver

I've updated the OP to conform to the information revealed at Renegade's recent convention. The original OP has been preserved for posterity in a spoiler tag at the bottom of the new one.
Old March 3rd, 2024, 03:45 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Very stoked for Aquilla's dragon! I may be late here, but the vine glyphs make a figure occupying it -2 to defense and -1 to attack. If the figure moves off the glyph you can roll a die, on a skull they get a wound, so it's basically risking a disengage. I think Xeni here will absolutely see competitive play this year... *evil grin*

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old March 8th, 2024, 07:56 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think in the hands of a skilled player, Xenithrax could be quite good, but the skill level seems very high, in choosing when and where to place the glyphs, and how aggressive to be with trying to get the multiple attacks. It may be very easy to fall into a similar trap which happens with Mimring a lot, where you move it too far forward to get one big multi-attack and then get swarmed.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old March 10th, 2024, 10:44 AM

stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla stay_golden_PONYBOY is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Krug is going to be a decent counter to her. He can trample vines and if she hits him with Erupting Earth before he reaches her, he just hits a lot harder.

Greenscales as a screen may produce a similar effect on Krug.

I imagine that defense of 3 on her will make for some exciting combats.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units