Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old November 19th, 2022, 12:43 AM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Xenithrax the Vineweaver

The Book of Xenithrax the Vineweaver

Master Set IV - Age of Annihilation

Basic Side:
Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Renegade's Story Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: The great golden dragon Xenithrax reveals herself to the peace summit through a twirl of vines and leaves. The regal bearing of her head indicates to the gathered representatives that she was accustomed to respect on her home world of Arboreas. Here on Valhalla, however, she speaks on behalf of her Valkyrie General, Aquilla.

As she looms across the gathering, reptilian gaze sparking with cold intelligence, her statement is clear without words. Aquilla holds more power than she has ever revealed. And Xenithrax will not hesitate to prove it.

The Glyph of Xenithrax Vines:
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
SUMMON VINES
Xenithrax starts the game with three Xenithrax Vines Glyphs on this Army Card. Once per round, after moving and before attacking, Xenithrax may choose an empty space within 4 spaces of Xenithrax and place a Xenithrax Vines Glyph from this Army Card onto that space.

ERUPTING EARTH SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 + Special. Attack 4 - Special.
The first target of Erupting Earth Special Attack must be within a Range of 5. After attacking with Erupting Earth Special Attack, you may choose a figure that was adjacent to the defending figure at the beginning of that attack and attack that chosen figure, rolling one fewer attack die. You may continue attacking with Erupting Earth Special Attack in this manner, rolling one fewer attack die than the previous, up to a total of four attacks. A figure cannot be attacked more than once in a turn with Erupting Earth Special Attack.

FLYING

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
- Greenscale Warriors: Lizard King Bonding
If chosen as their Lizard King, Xenithrax the Vineweaver may benefit from the Greenscale Warriors' Lizard King Bonding activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- Greenscale Warriors: Loyalty to the Lizard King
As a huge Dragon Hero, Xenithrax the Vineweaver may be chosen as the Greenscale Warriors' Lizard King and may activate their Attack and Defense bonus.

Matthias Maccabeus: B
Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

Last edited by Blue Trails; March 15th, 2024 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Added community power rankings.
Old November 19th, 2022, 08:15 AM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Xenithrax the Soulweaver

First reply to a book! Very exciting.
And I'll say it: I think Xeni is a disappointment. Two well-placed ranged squads will erase your 200 points in one round or less. I'd take Nilf or Quahon every time--and save some points while I'm at it.
Old November 19th, 2022, 01:17 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
In my defense, "majestic" is not a personality trait.

I got a bit of a mix-up with Xenithrax's personality. The correct version of my card is here:
Old November 19th, 2022, 01:57 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
And I'll say it: I think Xeni is a disappointment. Two well-placed ranged squads will erase your 200 points in one round or less. I'd take Nilf or Quahon every time--and save some points while I'm at it.
Xenithrax is certainly different from Nilf and Quahon. Nilf and Quahon are solely reliant on their special attacks, while Xenithrax has weaker breath but the ability to place glyphs. The glyphs definitely do more against range, and his special attack is better against melee too.

Because of the glyphs, he's also much better with Greenscales than other dragons are. I probably would not draft Xenithrax solo in the way Nilf is often drafted solo, but with the glyphs he's a pretty formidable partner for Greenscales.
Old November 19th, 2022, 08:45 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: In my defense, "majestic" is not a personality trait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
I got a bit of a mix-up with Xenithrax's personality. The correct version of my card is here:
Fixed.
Old November 19th, 2022, 08:55 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone have a good proxy for this guy?
Old November 19th, 2022, 09:01 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Nilfheim? I imagine the 3d scan of Nilfheim would be a good starting point for a would-be modeler to make a proxy.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 21st, 2022, 04:29 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:
Xenithrax is certainly different from Nilf and Quahon. Nilf and Quahon are solely reliant on their special attacks, while Xenithrax has weaker breath but the ability to place glyphs. The glyphs definitely do more against range, and his special attack is better against melee too.

Because of the glyphs, he's also much better with Greenscales than other dragons are. I probably would not draft Xenithrax solo in the way Nilf is often drafted solo, but with the glyphs he's a pretty formidable partner for Greenscales.
Eh. Once per round is not enough to actually deter your opponent, especially on modern maps. Plus, what's to stop me from just running a rat right over the glyph and removing it from the board on my own terms? As for the special, every dragon is better against melee units that need adjacency to operate.
And outside of the actual in-game usefulness of the abilities, these powers are pretty disappointing anyway. For the "unfathomably enormous avatar of the raw mystical energies that created our universe," growing plants and earthbending seems so...lame. At least have the glyphs be a spacetime distortion and call the special "Rend Souls" or something equally cool. Then I might be less disappointed with the actual mechanics.
Old November 21st, 2022, 04:50 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Anyone have a good proxy for this guy?
I found a wood elf dragon that I put in the AoA proxy thread. No idea of the scale for the proxy model, but aesthetically it looks like a decent substitute in my opinion.

https://www.myminifactory.com/object...-dragon-241908
Old November 21st, 2022, 04:55 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I found a wood elf dragon that I put in the AoA proxy thread. No idea of the scale for the proxy model, but aesthetically it looks like a decent substitute in my opinion.

The scale of that mini is 1:56. Not sure what Heroscape is though.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 21st, 2022, 05:13 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post

The scale of that mini is 1:56. Not sure what Heroscape is though.
The Google is telling me 28mm war games are considered 1:50 to 1:60 scale. So it's smack in the middle of that range. If someone were to 3d print the proxy vs order it somewhere, you can always adjust the scale as needed too.

Based on the orientation of the model I'd guess it should fit alright on a large peanut style base.
Old November 21st, 2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:

Eh. Once per round is not enough to actually deter your opponent, especially on modern maps. Plus, what's to stop me from just running a rat right over the glyph and removing it from the board on my own terms? As for the special, every dragon is better against melee units that need adjacency to operate.
And outside of the actual in-game usefulness of the abilities, these powers are pretty disappointing anyway. For the "unfathomably enormous avatar of the raw mystical energies that created our universe," growing plants and earthbending seems so...lame. At least have the glyphs be a spacetime distortion and call the special "Rend Souls" or something equally cool. Then I might be less disappointed with the actual mechanics.
Well, the fact that the Xenithrax's Vines interfere with smaller figures' movement can be important. For example, your Rat must stop moving as soon as it steps on the Glyph, and it risks destruction without triggering Scatter if it leaves. Neither are insignificant penalties to a Squad that relies so heavily on grabbing chokepoints and slipping around with free movement, even one with the numerical advantage of the Deathreavers.

Also, in defense of the powers' flavor, it should be mentioned that Xenithrax's "vine traps" are subterranean attacks using her three tails. Moreover, if you trust the game's box art, Xenithrax directly channels those energies in combat. Perhaps Erupting Earth Special Attack isn't so much "reshaping the ground" as it is "invoking primordial energy in the form of burning geysers."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units