Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 11th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Maryland Multiplayer Madness: The Return to Savage, 3/715!!!

SAVAGE MULTIPLAYER MADNESS!!!

The format:
310 points; 14 hexes

My House Rules apply: yes to C3V/SoV, no to supers and no to C3G. All SoV & C3V units released as of this post (1/11/14) will be eligible by 3/7.

Multiplayer FFA scoring as follows: Track the partial card scoring damage you do. At the end of the game, or when time is called, the players are ranked in order of damage done. At a 4 player table points for placing are 4, 2, 1, 0; at a 3 player table it's 4, 2, 0. At the end of the 4-round event add up all your placing scores and that's your tournament score. In the event of a tie, the player with the greater total damage done comes out ahead.

When: 3/7/15, show up 12:30, roll dice 1:00, stop rolling 5:45, leave 6. Or stay at 6 and play around with their open board games; Saturdays at 6 is open board gaming.

Where: The Family Game Store in Savage, Maryland. Great game shop, great tournament space, great little mall. Food related announcement: The sandwich counter downstairs is now closed. Just as well, as far as I'm concerned, because of the hassles we had with them over a series of chances for them to redeem themselves. Good riddance. However, this means food options inside the mall are only the French bakery / coffee shop at the far end of the mall, which probably closes at ~6 (they do have sandwiches, but it's very French in style and might not be to everyone's taste), and the Ram's Head, which ain't cheap or fast. So grab your lunch on your way in, if you don't have time or whatever to deal with those options. I highly, highly recommend the Las Delicias Taqueria y Pupuseria, which is (I swear) one of my favorite places to eat, anywhere. There are a zillion fast food options as well, right there on Route 1. For dinner, I anticipate identifying a place that will deliver pizza inside the mall.

What: Heroscape, of course! Multiplayer Madness style.

How Much: $5. All of it will go to prize store credit, as usual.

Why: Because it's always good, and multiplayer in this format is the best.

For those not familiar with this format, it is my very favorite. It is both fun and tactically demanding. By the time you leave you will likely have gotten to play with most of the players in attendance. And these games are so wild there does not seem to me to be the tension I see at a traditional tourney *but* a carefully selected and carefully played army will still reward you with a good finish.

Anyway.

Time to start signing up, and suggesting multiplayer maps, if you are so inclined. These are the same maps we used last year, feel free to suggest changes. I think I saw a couple on the site this year that I liked, so the maps may change.

Maps (No glyphs):
Spoiler Alert!

Attending:
  1. D_S
  2. KidScaper
  3. Friend of KidScaper 1
  4. G-O
  5. CatScaper
  6. Clan
  7. Xanth
  8. Bigboa
  9. Stephen Universe
  10. kldonnelly
  11. Robber
  12. Bill
  13. hivelord#4
  14. drewcula
  15. Kyle
  16. Micah
  17. akden
  18. Sherman Davies
  19. Johngee
  20. taeblewalker
Maybe:
Maps:
Jungle Rot (4) ~ akden
Mergaine's Redoubt (4) ~ akden
Fulcrum Flurries (3) ~ Clancampbell
Sacrifice (3) ~ Johngee
Jungle Rot (4) ~ Johngee
Winding Wood (3) ~ DS
Forgotten Ridge (4) ~ Robber
Pahoehoe (3) ~ DS

Tagging some of the regulars so they can sign up: @akden , @Gurei-Ornery (already took the liberty), @kldonnelly , @Crichton (come on, buddy!), @bigboa , @pieface! , @Sagrilarus , and some of our friends from further away, @Taeblewalker , @Scooter , @Johngee (both a regular and from further away), @Sherman Davies (you know you want to!), @Grishnakh (carpool with Sherman), and @chas and @kolakoski while I'm at it with the New Yorkers, and @OverEngineered , @Tiepilot1138 , @drewcula , @G1shark , @Robber (who wanted to make sure I keep inviting him), and all their many friends and acquaintances and all the people I'm sure I neglected because I forget things, even important things.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; March 15th, 2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old January 12th, 2015, 07:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Maryland Multiplayer Madness: The Return to Savage, 3/7!

Thanks for thinking of us up here in NYC. I'll talk to the guys about whether its makes sense logistically, etc. But I do like to think of you guys scaping away down there. I wish there were some events up here, but with the prices being what they are, most events I can affort to attend seem to happen...at my house!
Old January 12th, 2015, 02:07 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

I'm in!!!
Old January 12th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Great!

Let us know, @chas , I hope it can work out. We'll be staying afterward to play board games, too.

= =
Old January 12th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Stephen Universe is a solid maybe, as usual.
Old January 12th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Tell him it's ok if he doesn't get there until 2:00 or something, in case he wants to sleep in.

I put him down as a "yes," because I think he'll show for (a) the later start time and (b) the gaming after. Just a guess. I'll move him to "maybe" later, if I feel like it.

= =
Old January 12th, 2015, 08:10 PM

kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker kldonnelly knows what's in an order marker

You can count me in!
Old January 12th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Excellent!

= =
Old January 12th, 2015, 11:39 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boa View Post
I'm in!!!
Yeah, you said that last time and I had to represent the NJ contingent all by myself . . . ~~~lol~~~ I hope you can make it this time. We might be able to coordinate our travel arrangements (i.e. meeting at the Delaware rest area for coffee, which is about the halfway point.

@chas ~ Hopefully the gasoline prices will stay low enough to make this affordable for you guys to make a road another trip. And the Winter Weather demons will have mercy on us this year. Previous attempts to get together have been hampered by snow and ice.

@Dad_Scaper ~ March 7th, 2015 is almost eight weeks away and a lot can happen, especially in the Mid-Atlantic 'Scaping Region during the winter months. Put me down as a definite maybe possible attendee. My wife has been talking about booking a cruise to the Caribbean at the end of April or early March, so even though I rather be playing HeroScape, this 'other event' may take precedence over me driving to the Savage -land of Merry-.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 17th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So I find myself already on the list! That's fine. I'll be there barring any random weirdness of course!

I do like multi-player alot. It's such a unique format. Kudos to whomever came up with it! ��

310 is an interesting points total, as well as the 14 space limit. I guess that's there so jerks like me don't run all drones again! ��

I'll bring Fulcrum Flurries. It's my favorite multi-player map!

Time to start plotting armies, of which I'll be sure to leave the Valcanmechs off my list.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 17th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Well, of course you were already on the list. I did the same thing to a few others, too.

= =
Old January 17th, 2015, 08:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Killing your own figures? Is that allowed? (I mean, obviously it is, but when you sacrifice your Nagrubs or pick off one of your Blade Gruts with Cyprien for a quick snack, do you get the points?)

Because if so, an army of Deathstrike Thralls, DW7K, and Cyprien would do pretty well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events