Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old December 21st, 2009, 09:52 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
A Collection of Ideas

This thread is going to be sort of a whiteboard for keeping track of cool stuff. Some of the ideas are mine some are not, but I'll try to give credit where credit is due. If anything seems out of place please just let me know, provide a link if possible and be gracious about it. I'd be happy to change something if really necessary. The best resource on this site is the community itself.

* indicates a slight change from the original wording, or more information may be available in the link provided.

Tournament, Simple Alternative Formats
Spoiler Alert!

Traps
(Order Marker/Control, Wound/Damage, Teleport/Movement,
Stat Altering, Misc.)
Spoiler Alert!

Treasures
Spoiler Alert!

Other Good Resource Threads: (alphabetically)
A-Z Index of Dungeon Scenarios
Aldin’s Traps of Terror
Definitive List of Definitive Lists
Easy Custom Treasure Glyphs
HeroScape Glyphs -- Definitive List
KC's Scenarios, Campaigns, Traps and Random Ideas
Knights of the Daystorm
Legendary Weapon of Valhalla: Glyphs
Spelunkers of Valhalla- An Index of Dungeonmakers

Last edited by Darkmage7a; May 31st, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:28 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A Collection of Ideas

Should we post the new ideas in here for you to update? I have a few.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 21st, 2009, 10:42 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd be happy to include anything that seems practical/reasonable or just plan fun. I'll update as often as I can. Or, if you see a good thread going or have one of your own I'll link to it.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 12:50 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Traps

Grasping Waters (From Spider Cult)
Needs to be in or near a body of water.

If a figure fails to secure the treasure, the opponent may roll a d20. On a roll of 1-5, he may move the activating figure 1 hex. On a
6-12, he may move the figure 2 hexes. On a 13-18, he may move the figure 4 spaces. On a 19-20, he may move the figure 6 spaces. The figure will take
leaving engagment attacks unless they have disengage, and they must end this movement in a water space.

Treasure

Potion of Protection: Heal one wound and flip glyph over and put on user's card. From this point on, the user has +1 defense die.

Potion of Affliction: Deal one wound to an figure adjacent to the user, then flip the glyph over and put it on the user's card. From then on, the user has +1 Attack.

Blades of Tannaroth: The wielder of this item gains double attack ONLY against adjacent figures.

Helm of Clarity: The wielder of this item has +2 defense dice against special attacks.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:41 AM

Scylya is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Trap of Binding
The figure on this glyph cannot move from that space unless there is an adjacent friendly figure.

Poison Dart Trap
The revealer of this glyph rolls 2 attack dice and takes 1 unblockable hit for each skull rolled.

Explosive Trap
Roll 4 attack dice, the range and strength of the attack is equal to how many skulls rolled. Roll defense seperately for each figure attacked.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 05:20 AM
Is The Skullmaster

I've updated the list. However I'd like to mention that I'm trying to keep everything in the list as universal as possible. If you have an idea using specific figures or terrain requirements it might get integrated in a generic form.

This list is to share ideas, when people go to make scenario or run a tournament they can take the generic form and adopt it to the specific environment and requirements they are using. For example I saw a trap that changed the figure into everyones favorite Doggin, and some others that summoned monsters at the trap site to fight under you opponents control. Rather than make a separate trap for each monster in the game I reduce those kinds of traps to "Summon Monster" and "Transmutation".

At some point I'm going to have to organize the list in a manner other than aphabetical. Broad categories like Wound, Move, Order Marker, etc might work. I'll have to think about it.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Darkmage7a again.
This thread is going to be a great resource in developing a scenario/crawl tourney.

-insert signature here-
Old December 22nd, 2009, 08:53 AM

Scylya is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Vorpal Blade
After making an attack where atleast 1 skull was rolled, roll the die. On a roll of 19-20, Destroy the target.

Potion of Gaseous Form (Temporary Glyph)
When this glyph is revealed place it on the figures army card.
When a unique figure takes a turn it may discard this treasure to gain flying movement of 6 for its turn.
This figure ignores figures, terrain and elevations and does not take leaving engagement attacks for the turn.
The figure may not attack this turn.

Mace of Disruption
When attacking Undead, each skull rolled counts as 2 skulls.

Dart of Hornet's Nest (Temporary Glyph)
Range 3. Attack 4
If after defense dice are rolled you have caused 1 or more wounds to the target, you may attack again and may keep attacking with the Dart of Hornet's Nest until it fails to inflict any wounds.
After making an attack with this item, discard it.

Dart of hornet's nest is an old school D&D favorite of mine, along with the vorpal blades and javelins of lightningbolt :P
Old December 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
This thread is going to be a great resource in developing a scenario/crawl tourney.
That's what I hope. Not just for tourney's but for dungeon creators as we'll. Creativity is at the heart of this game. I think even the unit customization crew can utilize some of the things in here.

Speaking about tournaments though, I think something along the lines of "Unstable Dimension" would be really cool. It could definitely mix things up a bit. You don't even have to use these rules for the whole tournament. In a 5 round tournament you could have a different rule active for each round. Or even make a brief list and roll for the effects each round.

If you make tourney of interconnected rooms you could have a different rule active in each room. Scape will never be the same!
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Good vs Evil
Possible dungeon Tournament format.

12 start zones 500 pts.
6 rounds.
2 armies per player 1 "Good" 1 "Evil"

1st round random assignment.
Depending on which side of the table you sit you are either playing the good or evil army. You stay on that side of the table for the first 3 rounds of the tournament.

("Break for lunch?")

4th round random assignment.
Play from the other side of the table. Using the army you haven't played yet. If you spent the first half of the day playing "Evil" you spend the rest of the day playing "Good" and vice versa.

Good vs Evil rules
The Tournament Director (TD) chooses 2 generals to be Evil and 2 generals to be Good, the 2 remaining generals can be persuaded to work for either side of the war. That way there is a lot more flexibility in army creation, for example Aquilla units might be found on both sides. ie: Sojuah can be enlisted as evil or good.

Note:
Any unit used in one of your teams cannot be played in both armies. This prevents someone from using the same army for 6 games in a row and defeating the purpose of all this flavor.

Other Options:
TD may decide that specific rooms have specific rules. Lets say there are 8 maps repeated twice for a total of 16 maps and 32 players. 3 of the 8 types of maps have specific rules that only apply to those maps/rooms.

Such as
Quote:
Unstable Dimension, The: Whenever any figure makes an attack and rolls no skulls the opponent may move that figure up to 3 spaces in any direction. The teleported figure never receives a disengagement strike as a result of teleporting in this manner. The figure can only be teleported to an empty hex space.
Traps:

Traps may best be described for a tournament in 1 of three ways.
  1. Map Specific - Each room/map has a specific trap assigned to it.
  2. Tournament Standard - 1 trap type is selected for the tournament and regardless of the map this is always the trap in effect at all times.
  3. Pregenerated list - TD chooses a short list of traps (ie: 5-10) and whenever a trap is sprung players roll on the list to see which trap takes effect.
Scoring: System determined by TD

Last edited by Darkmage7a; December 30th, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:28 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I like the way each person gets to play on both sides or the 'war' and map specific conditions/glyphs will definitely add some good flavor (IMO).

-insert signature here-
Old December 30th, 2009, 11:43 AM

Neonrainbowchaser is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Pop seems fun, as well as Blades of Tanneroth. Helm of clarity would be Perfect for Sargent Drake, But Potion of affliction just seems to strong, sorry ):

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios