Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old May 15th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: GenCon '13 Army Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Braxas would be wicked. TKN and Grimnak would be too. Anything that bypasses defense becomes even better when there are less hexes for it to instantly kill.
Which again, help the Vipers, since they have 0 defense anyway, and are better hero killers anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
The metagame is a lot different.
That ladies and gentleman is what we were trying to do.
Of course! Good! Ready to see those 4th go.
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:22 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

That bit about the 16-hex limit favoring Tor-Kul-Na and Grimnak makes me feel a lot better - but, with no Special Attacks

220 Tor-Kul-Na
100 Krav
90 Nagrubs x 3
30 Eldgrim
440, 15 spaces

might give way to

220 Tor-Kul-Na
120 Kaemon
90 Nagrubs x 3
10 Isamu
440, 13 spaces

And I fear Phantom Knights. In Islandscape (no Reverse the Whip), we are to bring two armies, and choose one based on the map - I imagine I'll know what two armies my opponent brought. For my second army, I'm thinking:

210 PKs x 3
120 Kaemon
110 AE or Drake or Krav/Isamu . . . ?
[_] spaces, or

185 Nilfeim
140 PKs x 2
110 AE or Drake or Krav/Isamu Ana/Isamu or . . . ?
440 [_] spaces.

For Reverse the Whip, how about Wyern/Isamu?

In any event, I'm curious as to how you all would finish these - and which you'd field - with and without RtW.

P.S.: How about

210 PKs x 3
120 Black Wyrmlings x 4
110 Drake RotV
440, 14 spaces

140 PKs x 2
130 Deathcommander
100 Krav
70 Zettians
440, 12 spaces

Last edited by kolakoski; May 15th, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old May 16th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
I praise your effort and offer a hearty thank-you.

Love that Dumutef army (we call them Road Warriors).
I imagine the maps will heavily feature road tiles this year.

Is Heroes Only during Dragon Dice? My friend wants to take a shot at your old title now that Marvel is excluded.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Cyprien will be even better cleanup with only 16 spaces...yikes.
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I praise your effort and offer a hearty thank-you.

Love that Dumutef army (we call them Road Warriors).
I imagine the maps will heavily feature road tiles this year.

Is Heroes Only during Dragon Dice? My friend wants to take a shot at your old title now that Marvel is excluded.
I Dragon Dice it up all day on Saturday.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I will need to play around on the maps a little before I make a final call.
When will the maps be posted?
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:26 AM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
June 1st at the latest. Waiting on one more map combo that Dignan is working on. We have 6 of the 7 (plus 1 reserve map) ready to go.

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 16th, 2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Well and Lonewolf has to pretty them up still but that shouldn't take long
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
June 1st at the latest. Waiting on one more map combo that Dignan is working on. We have 6 of the 7 (plus 1 reserve map) ready to go.
Okay cool.
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:41 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Waiting on one more map combo that Dignan is working on.
Does anybody else get to work on it, too?

I'm not trying to denigrate Dignan's work, but we have some other excellent mapmakers out there. And no, I'm not talking about myself.

Last edited by dok; May 16th, 2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: well mostly anyway... but my PC is down at the moment so it's a moot point even if I thought I could whip out a great map.
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:44 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

(Not referring to myself, or looking down on Dignan's work, but we have some other excellent mapmakers out there.)
Typhon2222, notably.

(Makes the best BftU maps on this site, I must say.)

Speaking of which, we have a Louisville GenCon practice on June 1st, so it would be nice to have the maps before than if you're able to so we can test on them.
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not trying to denigrate Dignan's work, but we have some other excellent mapmakers out there. And no, I'm not talking about myself.
No.

@ Megasilver. I will not release the maps until they are ready, so no promises.

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 16th, 2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Ah, it's so nice to be in charge...
Old May 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No.

@ Megasilver. I will not release the maps until they are ready, so no promises.
I know. They are not ready until they are ready.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion