Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 18th, 2009, 07:02 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Othkurik the Black Dragon

The Book of Othkurik the Black Dragon
Master Set III - Battle for the Underdark

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: TBA

A. FAQ 11.3 : ERRATA: Othkurik can use his neck spikes as a secondary Target Point.

Synergy Benefits Received
- GREENSCALE WARRIORS : As a Unique, Large Dragon Hero, Othkurik may be chosen as to benefit from the Greenscale Warriors' LIZARD KING BONDING Activation Synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- GREENSCALE WARRIORS : As a Unique, Large Dragon Hero, if selected as the Greenscale Warriors "Lizard King," Othkurik may aid the Greenscale Warriors with their LOYALTY TO THE LIZARD KING Attack and Defense Enhancements.

- OTONASHI : Tricky Speed 4:
As a unit with a Tricky personality, Othkurik may enable Otonashi's TRICKY SPEED 4.
Terrain Benefits Received
- SWAMP WATER HEXES : LURKING AMBUSH
- SHADOW HEXES : LURKING AMBUSH
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Othkurik the Black Dragon Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Power Ranking and Master Index

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Last edited by R˙chean; April 13th, 2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: vc Synergies
Old December 19th, 2009, 10:13 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Othkurik the Black Dragon

Not to be a tool, but in fairness to Rev Bookman, I'm going to just ask that the general comments stay in the reaction thread. The Book is meant for rules-clarification purposes and strategy discussions.

~Spite, who would just like to add that he is a champion, my friends, and will keep on fighting til the end, because Rev will unfortunately have to delete this post eventually anyway.
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

(This message, too, will be deleted)

Thanks, spite. I am not seeing any proof of proxy play testing in these comments, so, sooner or later, they are likely to be deleted.
Old December 19th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Edit: Ignore! I didn't realize that faction-wide synergies don't go here - I really need to read the books more carefully.

Don't forget Ornak's Red Flag of Fury Aura. Othkurik is a unique hero who follows Utgar.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; December 19th, 2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:46 AM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Yay, my message got deleted!

Anyway, I DO have a small overview of Othkurik;

I sort of realized in observation that he's the sort of unit that you would build an army around as opposed to providing filler. He's sort of a mid-game predator... too fragile to be taken out in the heat of battle, but doesn't provide the best cleanup because of single attacks and situational Special Attack.

However, if you can provide a good screen (Rats, preferably) and another unit to tie squads up for a while (I smell Izumi), then you'll have a lot of chances to sneak up and inflict some impressive damage on unsuspecting heroes.

Ironically, Othkurik looks to play well with Tandros Kreel, since he looks to be a very good staller (setting aside Charos, since that would be far too expensive).

Otherwise, you're left with about 320 points with Rats x3, Izumi, and Othkurik, so even on boards without Shadow or Swamp, he might perform pretty well- but again, with proper support.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old December 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post

I sort of realized in observation that he's the sort of unit that you would build an army around as opposed to providing filler...

However, if you can provide a good screen (Rats, preferably)]...
Actually, you have given me a great idea!

What if you used rats to "bridge the gap" between figures? As in, your opponent might spread his figures out to avoid Acid Spray. So, get rats to plug the holes and then target the rats. Sure you will lose a rat here and there and it won't activate scatter (for two reasons), but if you are using 4x rats that won't matter much.

Othkurik - 140
4x Rats - 160 (300)
Something else - 200 (500)

And all the things you could do with those last 200 points! Imagine this:

Othkurik - 140
4x Rats - 160 (300)
Q9 - 180 (480)
Filler - 20 (500)

That would just be cruel, especially on the right maps.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; December 20th, 2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: I can't remember where the "bridging the gap" idea originated but I believe it was originally thought of to help DW9k
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:02 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I assume that Lurking Ambush does not work with Acid Spray Special Attack. If it did, it would give the ability to attack 3 figures with 7 dice. I realize that special attacks generally don't get bonuses, but Lurking Ambush says, "add 3 to his Attack value." It doesn't specify normal attack. Could we get a clarification on this?
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I assume that Lurking Ambush does not work with Acid Spray Special Attack. If it did, it would give the ability to attack 3 figures with 7 dice. I realize that special attacks generally don't get bonuses, but Lurking Ambush says, "add 3 to his Attack value." It doesn't specify normal attack. Could we get a clarification on this?
I really doubt it would modify his special attack.

Although I do find it interesting that it says "attack value" (I don't think I have seen that on any other cards thus far, correct me if I am wrong), I believe that it only modifies his base attack.

I think it would say that it modifies the special attack as well as the base attack if that was the case.
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:10 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Why not some 'trons?

Othkurik
2x Blasts
3x Glads
Old December 20th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I really doubt it would modify his special attack.

Although I do find it interesting that it says "attack value" (I don't think I have seen that on any other cards thus far, correct me if I am wrong), I believe that it only modifies his base attack.

I think it would say that it modifies the special attack as well as the base attack if that was the case.
Special Attacks are never modified.
Repeat.

Edit: I don't presume to imply that I have as much insight into the rules as the designers/playtesters, but and others have told us this repeatedly.

Old December 20th, 2009, 05:18 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Why not some 'trons?

Othkurik
2x Blasts
3x Glads
I don't see trons as helping much. The Blasts use the Glads as Attack Boosters and Clampers so they don't get attacked. If you're using them as "Gap Fillers" as Warlord Alpha said, I'd say it's a waste of points. If you're using Othkurik as late game clean-up, or the Glads as protection for Othkurik (Maybe clamping guys in groups?) then it'd be better.
Old December 20th, 2009, 07:03 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Why not some 'trons?

Othkurik
2x Blasts
3x Glads
I don't see trons as helping much. The Blasts use the Glads as Attack Boosters and Clampers so they don't get attacked. If you're using them as "Gap Fillers" as Warlord Alpha said, I'd say it's a waste of points. If you're using Othkurik as late game clean-up, or the Glads as protection for Othkurik (Maybe clamping guys in groups?) then it'd be better.
That was my plan, yes. I shoulda been more clear.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units