Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 4th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Part of a Balanced Breakfast

omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Member of the week

Hello everyone,

Sorry about the typo in number 4, omit the extra "the"
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

'scape community wins.

y hola omael. Great interview.
I have looked for Heroscape in Puerto Vallarta but never found any.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Fear not, my Fuzzy Freaks! 1Mmirg indicated he's pretty busy and may be late in turning in his interview. I indicated it wasn't a problem. I'll be sure to post it as soon as I receive it.

Also, hi1hi1hi1hi1 has returned to the forum, so his interview will be after 1Mmirg's.

In the meantime, let's party! Doot-doot-doot!!!

Last edited by davidlhsl; November 11th, 2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old November 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Part of a Balanced Breakfast

omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby!

Nice!
Old November 15th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Just received the interviews for both 1Mmirg and hi1hi1hi1hi1. In order to give both the full week and not cut anybody short, I'll post 1Mmirg's interview this next Friday. I will post hi1hi1hi1hi1's interview the following Friday.
Old November 17th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

It's been a while since the last interview, and Turkey Day is coming next week. So I'll go ahead and present...

1Mmirg!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
Q: How long have you been playing Heroscape, both Classic and C3G? How did you discover C3G?
A: I started playing Scape in Christmas of 2004. My wife gave me the game (I think she regrets that now …).
I noticed the C3G when the DC Master Set came out. It caught my eye and I knew I’d like to try it. My kids and I played the first scenarios with various Mage Knight figures filling in for most of the characters (an archer with a green cloak for Green Arrow, a thief in black for Black Canary, etc.). We loved it. Then I started to buy Heroclix, more and more (have hundreds now). My kids earn them by doing their chores, etc. They love it when they are able to get a new figure! (And I’m pretty happy, too! …)

Q: I see that you're an ERB member in both C3G and C3V. Are there any differences in the way you prepare ERB reports for each?
A: Night and day. Here in the C3G the ERB are (in my view) mostly “outside voices”—we give perspective on a unit or power from a deeply interested but a decidedly not “inside” view (i.e., I don't have Sanctum access). I think we do some good, but we have no vote or strongly placed role—we just try to help with thoughts, advice, etc., as and when needed, but in a bit of blind or distant way, as it were.
In the C3V, the ERB has a much more active role. The C3V is a large and purposefully slow and careful process—with lots of checks and balances, lots of votes, and a tendency toward inertia. The ERB helps to direct and guide the entire process, trying to help facilitate the very best from all the other departments and groups within the C3V. We are very much "inside" the project, in some cases perhaps the most inside of all.
Our biggest role is to ensure that units “fit”—that they match the current canon, feel like a natural part of Scape, use figures that (as far as we can manage) are highly available (or are/were at one point, in a few sad cases), and generally feel like valuable additions into Heroscape. We offer guidance, just like in the C3G, but are much more active throughout the process, have complete Sanctum access and voting powers, etc., making our role more central than in the C3G.

Q: You're also a judge in the Battlefields of Valhalla. What common map design mistakes do you see that cause maps to be turned down? Are there any design elements that don't exist in the existing BoV passed maps that you would like to see pass?
A: Designing maps is fun, but also hard, especially when part of the use of a map is supposed to be for balanced play in a double blind tournament. Probably one of the most common issues that bothers me are “his/her glyphs”—when a map is largely balanced (often, but not always symmetrical), but the glyphs are placed closer to one side than the other, making what the glyphs are far too important in game play, especially when the glyphs are played blind, as many do. It’s important to me that both glyphs be fairly evenly contestable by both players, no matter which side of the map they are sitting on.
I’d really like to see more maps with smart Treasure Glyph uses, a map that successfully pulls off a single BftU as the only Master set (not sure that can be done), and a map that is even more balanced than Broken Skyline in using the wall columns from the Fortress set, without being uncapped.

Q: You've indicated that you enjoy playing scenarios. What is your favorite in Classic, and what is your favorite in C3G? Do you ever play any scenarios more than once, or do you move to different scenarios?
A: I love the Castle of Aaryglynn (http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...ess_Master.pdf); it’s one of my favorites, among many others.
With the C3G’s scenarios, picking a favorite is even harder. I love Recruit the Batman and my next favorite is likely A World in Chaos. From the new set, Doom’s Deception and Cosmic Invasion are likely my favorites. (Still hoping to someday see Griff’s Mansion scenario for X-Men. That map just looks incredible and fun.)
Most scenarios we play through a couple of times, switching sides, trying different units and approaches. Often we’ll play one where we try to maximize a scenario, really push its limits with army choices, but also try one where we play very thematic (if not the most effective) armies.

With Aaryglynn we also redid the whole map with snow and glaciers for Christmas one year (just covered the whole map with a layer of Tundra pieces). We also tried some other variants on that one. (One of my favorite variants is making the castle defenders start at the ground level behind the castle and have to clamber up to their defensible position as the attackers storm in.)
I also love going back and trying an old scenario (like Mimring’s Tomb) but with all the current units available. Definitely makes drafting important and changes the dynamics of the scenario.

Q: How organized do you keep your Heroscape collection?
A: Well, it used to be quite organized. But it’s outgrown its home and my kids (also grown) now help me more with putting things away, so every unit isn’t in exactly the right place, as they once were. (Yes, it bugs me, but there is only so much time and space...)
It used to be that each general had their own drawer (in a Sterilite tower), with the flagbearer in the front right corner, units related to that figure lined up with military precision behind them (such as the knights directly behind Gilbert or orcs behind Ornak), each grouped by faction, squad, genre, type, etc. Now the flagbearer remain in the front right, but the figures have to overlap and get put within rough groupings, rather than exact regimented positions.
More broadly, I have all my terrain in original boxes (though I put two RttFFs in each of those boxes—they fit perfectly). All those boxes are stacked together by type on my shelves.
My figures are in two Sterilite towers (with added drawers stacked on top)—each general now has a drawer or two (or four, for Utgar--gruts and wolves, undead and robots, D&D, large/huge), the C3G is currently divided into four drawers: Marvel heroes, then villains, then DC heroes, then villians. The C3V are in with the other Valhalla units, by general, with their factions.
My cards all fit in one long CD box, separated by a colored divider and sorted by General (or, for the C3G, in four sections, just like my figures) or by type (glyphs, destructible objects, etc.), with a separate section for units I’m testing for the C3V or SoV and a final section for a handful of customs that I like, but aren’t Fanscape “official.”
My bits are all in a special compartmentalized Sterilite tray that I picked up (though I’m starting to spill over into a second one.) My maps/scenarios are all printed and grouped by their type into folders. I keep a Heroscape folder for taking to tourneys with some of the best of the best resources from Scapers in it.
Sadly, none of my collection is as stringently organized as it once was, but I know where everything is pretty quickly. I hope to give it all a spring cleaning once I have a few moments to spare for that.

Q: Who would you say has had the biggest impact in your own life?
A: Wow. That question wasn’t what I expected. (“One of these is not the same…”)
At this point, the only possible answer I can even think to give is my wife. I mean she bought me Heroscape in 2004—weren’t you reading?!
Seriously, a lot of people mean a lot to me and have done a lot for me, but she has stuck with me for almost 14 years now and those years have shaped me tremendously (in good ways!).

Q: If you could have a superpower in real life, what would it be?
A: Controlled total recall. I’d love to be able to remember (with just some focusing) everything I’ve ever read, seen, written, experienced, etc. Yeah, it isn’t sexy, but I would love that power.

Here it is: THE STUPID QUESTION! I'll ask a really stupid question, and you can answer it as seriously or as silly as you wish. Be very afraid! If you'd also like to prepare a C3G 3 Truths and a Lie, feel free to add it!

The Stupid Question: Name up to three famous people you think would make excellent zombies, and why.
A: Everyone would make a great zombie—no experience required! Sign-up now!
That said, my favorite would have to be Zombie Shakespeare (To GRRR or not to GRRRR!).

Q: Who is your choice for the next victim C3G Member of the Week?
A: Porkins—love to know more about my favorite X-wing pilot.
h1's interview will be posted next Friday, so I'll put Porkins after that.
Old November 24th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Presenting... hi1hi1hi1hi1

Bonus battle using his customs: Ham and Eggs

Quote:
Q: Did you get into Superhero Scape first or Classic? How often do you get to play?
A: Classic Heroscape. My parents gave me the first master set as a present for Christmas in 2004 and I've been playing ever since. I wasn't into comic books or superheroes at all until I started looking at the custom section for Marvelscape on this website. I thought it looked neat, so during a vacation to Hilton Head, SC I went out and bought Marvelscape.

Unfortunately, my scaping comes in spurts and not as often as I would like. For most of freshman year, I never even touched Heroscape. Thankfully, I go to a tech school and realized that my friends might actually enjoy the game, so I brought it to school and most of my friends now play. So while I still don't play as often as I would like, I do get a couple games in a month.

Q: You're a prolific customs designer. Do you get a chance to play with your own designs? What are things you look for in designing a custom?
A: I'm happy to say I do get a chance to play with my own designs now; in fact, I almost exclusively play with my own customs. This summer I finally bought my first heroclix figures and let me say that makes a huge difference in trying to play your own customs. Proxying (which I was doing the last 4 years) just doesn't have nearly the same feel. Currently, my brother and I are working through accurately costing our figures and slowly building up a large pool of customs to draw from.

The biggest thing for me when designing a custom is that it has to feel like you're immersed in a comic book battle when you play as that custom. It comes down to a balance between what a figure can do a what a figure actually does in the comics. That's why testing is so important to me and my brother and that's why some of my customs have gone through 3 or 4 complete make-overs in the years I've been designing.

Q: Do you have a favorite C3G design?
A: It's hard to choose with so many amazing C3G designs out there, but I've got to say the Lantern Corps is probably my favorite set of figures. The concept of the lantern battery markers is brilliant and I am always fascinated with each lantern (or lantern villain) that has been released.

Q: How much Heroscape stuff do you have? How much Heroclix? Have you actually played Heroclix?
A: Heroscape - I have everything but the jungle set and the large hero expansion that came out at the same time. Those sets all came out during my freshman year when I stopped playing.

Heroclix - I now own 466 unique Heroclix figures (704 total) and I have no idea how to play the game.

Q: Do you read comics? Who is your favorite character?
A: Yes. If you ask my roommates I read far too many comics. Favorite character is a tough question though, it usually depends on what I'm reading. I loved Penance during Secret Invasion, Toxin in everything he's appeared in, Iron Fist in the semi-recent Immortal Iron Fist series, Deadpool whenever he isn't written too stupidly, Daredevil during Brubaker's run, Mandarin was probably the villain that has stirred the most hatred in me in the Invincible Iron Man annual (so I just loved that issue)... I've read exclusively Marvel in the past, so that's where all my favorites come from. Recently, however, I read 52 and couldn't get enough of Renee Montoya or Booster Gold. And now I'm reading the New 52 and loving anything Batman (and Batwing), Green Lantern Sinestro, and Demon Knights with Etrigan.

Q: I believe you mentioned that you go backpacking/hiking. How far do you usually hike in a trip? What is your most memorable hike? Have you ever wanted to hike a long-distance trail such as the Appalachian Trail or Pacific Crest Trail?
A: Usually, I just go on day hikes and the distance all depends on who I'm with. I do a lot of geocaching with my friends and family on hikes and have had many memorable experiences from that.

I have a couple very memorable hikes without caches too. Hiking to the top of some mountain in Italy (I was 11 so I don't rememeber the name anymore), hiking up Long's Peak in Colorado (it snowed on us in August), and on New Year's day many years ago, my dad and I got lost on a mountain because night fell and we couldn't find the trail. Eventually, we found some powerlines and followed them to the road.

Q: If you could have a superpower in real life, what would it be?
A: Flying. No question there. I have dreams of flying all the time and they are absolutely fantastic.

Here it is: THE STUPID QUESTION! I'll ask a really stupid question, and you can answer it as seriously or as silly as you wish. Be very afraid! If you'd also like to prepare a C3G 3 Truths and a Lie, feel free to add it!

The Stupid Question: McDonald's just called, and they want YOU to create their next menu sensation. What is it?
A: Ok here it is... It's a sandwich we made once in my dorm, strangest combination of tastes ever but for some reason we couldn't stop eating it. Start with a slice of white bread, layer it with peanut butter, sliced bannanas, and chocolate sauce. Then on the other slice make grilled chicken w/ lemon juice, and cover it with salsa mixed with vanilla extract. Put the sandwich together and warm it on a panini press. Enjoy.

C3G 3 Truths and a Lie
1. My first super custom ever was 3-D Man.
2. I met at least one fellow C3Ger in real life.
3. I have over 200 customs but have played with less than half of them.
4. I had never read a comic book prior to purchasing Marvelscape.
Our next Member of the Week: Porkins!

Last edited by davidlhsl; November 24th, 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old November 24th, 2011, 09:17 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I believe #1 there is true, but otherwise I'm clueless. Weird sandwich!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 25th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm guessing #2 is the lie! The only C3Ger I've met is ERB member Sherman Davies (who's an awesome dude).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 25th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I've met a fellow Hero. That's not that unusual. Where is hi1 from again?
Old November 25th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You've met Griff. I know about it, so it's not that commonplace either.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 26th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Tcglkn, is the best Hero I've ever met.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy