Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old June 8th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: "XXX Point Army" thread compilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I realized that this morning, and I also realized that the easily remembered term in my title falls victim to the same no-three-character-words-in-the-Search-function problem that I am trying to circumvent with this thread. I haven't figured out what to replace it with, though.
How about:

Index of "***-Point Army" threads
I like this one because it keeps the appearance of mathematical variables, but I've added a fourth asterisk to (hopefully) make it searchable.

Edit: Hmm, I tried searching and the computer doesn't think that **** is a word, so I'll use it for now, but when something better comes along I'll proabably change it again.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old June 8th, 2009, 02:56 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: "**** Point Army" thread compilation

You might just try "[BLANK]" or something, as a unique and easily searchable identifier.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Stickied.

~Aldin, XXXly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Thanks Aldin!!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:17 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: "XXX Point Army" thread compilation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Quote:
I realized that this morning, and I also realized that the easily remembered term in my title falls victim to the same no-three-character-words-in-the-Search-function problem that I am trying to circumvent with this thread. I haven't figured out what to replace it with, though.
How about:

Index of "***-Point Army" threads
I like this one because it keeps the appearance of mathematical variables, but I've added a fourth asterisk to (hopefully) make it searchable.

Edit: Hmm, I tried searching and the computer doesn't think that **** is a word, so I'll use it for now, but when something better comes along I'll proabably change it again.
I don't know that people will be searching for "***", but the hope is that when they search for "300 point army" that your ***-Point Army thread will come up. Anyway, the sticky should help a lot.

EDIT TO ADD: When you type in "200 point army" and search titles only, this thread is the first one that shows up. Sweet!

Last edited by fomox; June 8th, 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Now then, searchability is unimportant

This is a great idea, and I'm glad some one actually did it. I thought about it for about half a second and then quickly wrote it off as too much work.

Thanks again and +rep
Old June 8th, 2009, 03:27 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Stickied.

~Aldin, XXXly
Awesome!

-Killometer, thankingly.

Also, I had a moment-4 X's for the title. Easy to remember, easy to interpret, no unintended connotations, long enough to Search for (not that that one matters as much anymore) and some of the armies values are 4 digits anyways.

Old June 8th, 2009, 04:45 PM

Oestedb is surprisingly tart
Re: "XXXX Point Army" thread compilation

I am glad this is stickied. I will be checking it often. Thanks again!
Old June 12th, 2009, 02:07 PM

I've delved as far back into the depths of the Competitive Armies Discussion forum as I think is reasonable. If anyone feels that I have missed anything that is worth recoerding, please feel free to pm me the link, or post it here.

Next I will be weeding out some of the weaker threads, then I will be going through the Marvel threads, as requested by Ollie.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everybody.

Edit: All right, I've gone through every thread from my original post and pruned a couple dozen. *Whew!* I feel pretty good about where the list is now.

Edit (again): It looks like the only link from the Marvel forums was the one Ollie gave me, but there are some other (though not many) armies that include those figures.

Last edited by Killometer; June 12th, 2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

Great job putting this together. It must have taken a long time to find all these threads.
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar/utgar own View Post
Great job putting this together. It must have taken a long time to find all these threads.
Thanks. Finding everything wasn't too bad. The hardest part was deciding which threads to axe. I'm kind of obsessive and I spent quite a while trying to find a mathematical formula based off things like number of responses, age of the thread, etc., but eventually realized that I just had to go with my best judgement.

Old June 17th, 2009, 08:49 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

Nice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion