Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old November 16th, 2015, 07:02 PM

TechToaster Woo who?
Re: Un-Official Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
Ahhh, okay. Your 'Sacrifice' wording implies -only- your creatures in MTG terms. If it's a Destroy Target Squad creature + Destroy Target enchantment you're right, that's extremely powerful and warrants giving up your attack for the turn.

And yes, you are correct about Lili's ability. Yes it is powerful, but compare it to a full squad of Reavers. 9-12 dice against targets with -2 defense compared to 4-5 dice against a single target.

Just to number crunch a little bit.
Lili @ 4 dice vs 3 def dice: ~75% chance to deal at least 1 wound
Lili @ 4 dice vs 4 def dice: ~65% chance to deal at least 1 wound
Lili @ 4 dice vs 5 def dice: ~55% chance to deal at least 1 wound
Lili @ 5 vs 3 = ~85
Lili @ 5 vs 4 = ~77
Lili @ 5 vs 5 = ~68

So yes, you have a strong chance to pull a model off the table if you activate her, but if you activate a full squad of Reavers you have a pretty Similar chance to peel a unit AND damage a 2nd
Indeed, but to be frank, how she stacks up in most situations with other planeswalkers in all the games we've played, she's just too powerful. Pretty much how it works is if someone get's Liliana (we do a blind draw for random pickings), Liliana always comes in first or second place. I think only once was she stomped but still, we just prefer to keep all black out of the game until Ob Nixilis comes in. Because Ob Nixilis get's to kill ANY creature (more powerful than Liliana), but at least the owner of said creature get's to draw a card, which is really beneficial to some walkers, especially Jace!

ALSO, please see the post above yours, I edited it with a potential option for Sorin!

**EDIT**

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechToaster View Post
Sorin may choose one of the following:
1) Sorin may sprint to a wounded enemy squad creature (NOT HERO UNITS) that has only 1 health remaining within 3 clear sight spaces from Sorin. Destroy target creature to destroy target enchantment. This takes place of your attack phase.
2) Sorin may sprint to a wounded enemy figure within 3 clear sight spaces from Sorin. This does not take place of your attack phase.
3) Sorin may sacrifice a creature under his control to destroy target enchantment. This does not take the place of your attack phase.
Old November 16th, 2015, 08:59 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

The re-wording definitely helps, it's just a LOT of words.

I stumbled on: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30540
this thread today that has a compendium of guidelines for making custom characters. I skimmed a chunk of it this morning and it definitely had some helpful tips on how to make your cards as consistent with the accepted wording as possible.

Reading through it was helping give me ideas on how to turn a concepts into a cleanly worded ability.
Old November 18th, 2015, 01:47 AM

TechToaster Woo who?

Alright, so I've made 4 Squad creature units to accompany 2 of the planeswalkers I created on this thread. The other squad creatures are under construction. As always, I highly anticipate constructive criticism!

P.S. Also posted in an edit under the first post so people can see at a glance what I've got done and what I am working on.
Old November 18th, 2015, 07:34 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

REACH wording

I would suggest using the templating from 'Omnicron Snipers'

Deadly Shot:
When attacking with Omnicron Snipers, any skull rolled counts as one additional hit.
(Note: Double the hits before defense dice are rolled. For example, if you roll one skull, two hits are made. If the opponent rolls only one shield, the defending figure takes one wound.)

'When attacking with Darkwoods Ranger, if the target figure has flying, any (Swords) rolled counts as one additional hit'

Nightfall Predator -
Revert - If a player casts two or more spells in one turn,

Harvest of Flesh - I believe the proper wording would be 'remove all damage counters from each figure in this squad' or something similar.

Vengevine - This seems super strong if it's a 3 figure squad and revive is guaranteed. If only a 2 fig squad could probably get bumped to 6 move. Seems like a D20 roll to the trigger would be a good solution for the revive. Being placed 4 hexes away is very very powerful, should likely be limited to adjacent to G/B planeswalker you control. I know the phoenix revive is extremely good and this unit is a much bigger threat + 4 spaces away lets you tie up their figures a lot more easily.

Thraben Sentry - Wording on Vigilance took me a second to decipher if it meant 'roll again, ignore 1st shield you roll' or 'roll again with X-1 defense dice'
I believe you intended the latter.
You could also consider stealing Empress Kiova's reroll wording:
'When you roll defense dice for any Kyrie that you control who follows Einar and is within 5 clear sight spaces of Empress Kiova, you may re-roll all defense dice that did not show shields. Gift of the Empress Aura can be used only once for each defense roll'
This is obviously a stronger ability, but I think the current wording isn't much of a buff if you look at it mathematically.

Bloodbond Vampire -
Bloodbond similar to harvest of flesh, I think wants to be worded 'Whenever a figure under your control removes damage counters, put a.....

Agility - The new Kor Aeronaut captain in the expansion has this abillity:
Ride the Currents: Whenever Kor Aeronaut Captain moves to a lower elevation during its movement for the first time each turn, it gets +3 Move until end of turn.
Some similar wording to that is probably a more straightforward way to express what you're trying to do with agility.

They look fun! Overall ideas all look good, it's just a pain to write them in game language

Last edited by Kajoq; November 18th, 2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old December 9th, 2015, 05:28 AM

jvook is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Well just looking at Garruk, Primal Hunt seems a bit unflavorful.

Garruk, Primal Hunter 2GreenGreenGreen (5)
Planeswalker — Garruk (3)
+1: Put a 3/3 green Beast creature token onto the battlefield.
−3: Draw cards equal to the greatest power among creatures you control.
−6: Put a 6/6 green Wurm creature token onto the battlefield for each land you control.
Magic 2013 (Mythic Rare)
Other Versions
Magic 2012 (Mythic Rare)
Primal Huntbeast
Primal Huntbeast 3Green (4)
Creature — Beast (3/3)
Hexproof (This creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)

neither of these heal.

How about calling it Death frenzy http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=386513 seems more on point

or search gatherer for green/lifegain.

Great work, i enjoyed loooking at these builds
Old February 8th, 2016, 11:01 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

Looking good Keep at it !!

ALL ARE ONE
Old December 19th, 2016, 12:01 AM

TechToaster Woo who?

Got pre-occupied with finishing up my Associate's Degree at one college followed by trying and succeeding at getting accepted into University of Texas at Dallas for Game Design.

My next semester I will be taking Game Design 1 (since I completed Fundamentals for Game Design this past semester) which is literally design an Alpha and Beta for a custom boardgame of my own creation. As such, I will be picking this project back up for practice (not for homework) as a study in both Level Design with hexes but also Character Design and Game Balance with new Planeswalkers/Creatures/Heros/Spells (hopefully).

During the winter break, I hope to re-hash these previous builds since they were designed BEFORE Shadows over Innistrad came out (which, isn't it kinda fricking cool that both my Transform ability appeared in the newest set???). I want to do this because with the release of many new Heroes and Multi-color Planeswalkers, I have ALOT more reference material to utilize while trying to find out the best way to balance.

Stay tuned!
Old May 18th, 2018, 07:18 AM

Gairian1974 Woo who?

Ajani has several verants, one of my personal favorites is the
Ajani Vengent (young verson) shortly after his "Plainer Spark"
was awakened, this is his White/Red verson before he went to
his "×2 White" incarnations and evently his most common
"×2 White/Green" incarnations.
The Vengent verson is the one I am working on converting.
Old March 31st, 2019, 02:39 PM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker

These are great! These customs deserve more attention from the AOTP and HeroScape blender community. AOTP is sorely missing the inclusion of more multicolored Planeswalkers, and these fill in the gap perfectly. I've already bought a few of the recommended minis and plan on printing these out soon. Did you ever hash out appropriate point costs for the 'Walkers?

I agree with Gairian1974 that an alternate Ajani could serve as a Red/White 'Walker (using the same figure). I'm tempted to make one myself, along with a Red/Blue Planeswalker.
Old March 31st, 2019, 06:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyver View Post
These are great! These customs deserve more attention from the AOTP and HeroScape blender community. AOTP is sorely missing the inclusion of more multicolored Planeswalkers, and these fill in the gap perfectly. I've already bought a few of the recommended minis and plan on printing these out soon. Did you ever hash out appropriate point costs for the 'Walkers?

I agree with Gairian1974 that an alternate Ajani could serve as a Red/White 'Walker (using the same figure). I'm tempted to make one myself, along with a Red/Blue Planeswalker.
This site could most definitely serve as a customs group for this game. I think a project to make compatible customs that go with the sets would be great.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 1st, 2019, 02:41 PM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

This site could most definitely serve as a customs group for this game. I think a project to make compatible customs that go with the sets would be great.
I'm not sure I fully understand. AotP customs could be based off of which sets?
Old April 1st, 2019, 03:06 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

I'm not sure I fully understand. AotP customs could be based off of which sets?
I think that TREX was saying that Heroscapers.com could host a community-driven customs project for Arena of the Planeswalkers, very similar to the C3V/SoV, C3G, and HoSS custom projects that were led here.

I'm inclined to agree after seeing all the great work that those groups have put in, but I admittedly have no experience with most of Magic and probably wouldn't be of much help. There would need to be a good number of people interested in continuing the game for such a project to really catch on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender