Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old March 10th, 2020, 08:11 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project: Paper Standees

Hey Pumkpin King I really like the idea of sort of a "plug and play" style you're taking with your project to get newcomers into the game without a hitch. I like the order markers and dice idea as it's just one less thing newcomers need, however, to create the dice from this file shown here it is much easier to say take normal dice and call a 1 a blank, 2 and 3 shields and the rest skulls.

I say this because of the way the file is laid out you would need to cut out each piece of every die. Perhaps you could go the route of more of a form of the order markers where you can fold the dice onto itself to create one instead of cutting out 5x as much. Just my 2 cents.

Otherwise I love the work done so far. At my events I get newcomers looking at the table and really interested but the jump to go from having nothing to playing is much too large to reasonably expect anyone to do. Your project makes that step that much smaller, good work!

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old March 10th, 2020, 02:55 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hey buzzi, thanks for the feedback, and thanks for your cards!

I did think about doing a papercraft die, like so:

But I did feel like trying to fold 12 tiny dice would be too much to ask, and that cutting out stickers would be easier? I'm open to feedback on that, absolutely. I could also include both files to let people choose - as well as include a "chart" for if you use conventional dice and as you said, call 1 a blank, 2 and 3 shields, etc.
Old March 13th, 2020, 08:35 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Hey pumpkin king sorry been busy. Those sound like perfect suggestions! The difference between stickers or folding dice seems to be just a matter of personal preference and I just find my origami skills are way better than my gluing but including both solves that issue.

Good idea to include a chart for just using normal dice as well. The name of the game is to get more players as easy as possible and more choices should accomplish that. Can't wait to see your final product.

Thinking about all this perhaps once your project is complete at one of my events I restrict figures and dice to only those created by you and thus we sort of create a trial run for your product. Once at the event we could all compare what was easy and hard about creating an army from your product. I like this idea I think i'll follow through on it.

Old March 15th, 2020, 02:48 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

No worries buzzi! IT's been chaotic for everyone, haha.

Here I've made up a quick "folded die" as well as a rough dice chart. I'm not a graphic designer, so these will have to do until we get better.

That would be great, to hear from your event! Would make for very good "publicity shots" of the project as well. I inteded to start a new thread for this project when it's "complete", and that would make a great addition to it.

Old March 15th, 2020, 12:36 PM

That looks perfect! Can't wait to see the final product when complete!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units