Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old October 9th, 2019, 07:18 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Thanks @TREX !

I knew ahead of time that I was going to use my The Walking Dead buildings and scatter terrain, as I would be too expensive and time consuming to have a totally specific Fallout set of stuff. I do have some Nuka Cola machines to add some flavor and will maybe try using my turrets in a game something also.

I've never painted a Beholder either. Seems like you have plenty of options besides Legion to paint

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 9th, 2019, 01:07 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , there are tons of great stls on thingiverse dealing with fallout. Thats what makes it tempting to make a bunch of them. Though, besides having the correct characters, any post apoc setting would look cool. I tested out some nice primer to easily go with skin tone paint the other day on some giants I printed and really loved the quick and awesome results that got me somewhat stoked to paint a bunch of fantasy humanoid figures. If time permits Ill be diving into another box of figures to paint. I got a can of rustoleum red spray paint to base coat my army of demons in, another can of lavender to base coat my nightelf army in. Ill probably try to squeeze in a little more priming before we get regular snow here. We are getting some light snow today. I still need to prime all my modern zombicide figures amongst many others.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 9th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Too soon for snow

Old October 10th, 2019, 06:45 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Too soon for snow
Tell me about it. It made me sick just thinking about it. I did get sick but not just cause the snow. Staying home today to eat soup and lay on the couch gave me time to browse ebay and grab some great deals on a few more runewars boosters. Ive also been running the 3d printer a bit. Not too hard to change prints out while sick. Ive been on kind of a starcraft/warcraft binge lately when it comes to characters. I printed a big orc, a few giants, a small legion of dwarven riflemen, and a handful more terran marines. The quality Ive been getting on minis lately has been pretty good for an fdm printer. Ive really been loving doing huge monsters on there. Im thinking it might be fun to remove the bases in file and print out some truly huge heroscape figures. Sounds pretty cool. Can you imagine some of the granite guardians 4x their size. Or some grut orcs the size of ogres(or bigger) sounds like I know what ill be printing next.

Old October 10th, 2019, 07:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

I told you that you'll get to 10k minis soon

Hope you feel better.

Old October 10th, 2019, 08:34 PM
"like" happy

Talking Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
I told you that you'll get to 10k minis soon

Hope you feel better.
and my wife hasnt killed me yet.
Thanks.

Old October 11th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Prickly Cactus

I played the Into the Sewer scenario again, but this time with me controlling the Super Mutants and having the Survivors as the AI. I had to have the Enslaved Tech go to the Super Mutants side, since they wouldn't be able to pick the lock or hack a computer terminal to get the keys to the sewer entrance. With some changes to Nora's equipment as well, I also gave the Survivors an Eyebot and removed one of the Mutant Hounds from the Super Mutant team.

I started out having the Enslaved Tech move towards the investigation markers at the opposite side of the board as from where the survivors were coming from. Saw some searchables but didn’t waste time with them. The Brute got in front of diner to reveal investigation markers but nothing they needed.

The Aviator, Super Mutant and Hound stayed back to deal with the Survivors, with the Hound revealing the investigation markers behind the house and car port, with nothing they needed.

Other than Dogmeat Scout, tge Survivor group were pretty cautious at first. Dogmeat got himself in trouble, as did the male settler. But the Hound got taken out and some damage to the Super Mutant was done, where he only had one health left.

Nora eventually decided to go towards the Enslaved Tech, as he was the AI Objective. Her hunting rifle has great range. The Tech had found both computer terminals that needed to be hacked for the keys. He took 2 damage from Nora but was able to hack one terminal for a key.

The Brute decided to charge Nora to help keep the tech alive, and he hit her really good the next round. Meanwhile, between the Eyebot and the female settler, they took down the Super Mutant and the Aviator.

The Deathclaw came out in round 4 and moved toward the Enslaved Tech. The Tech was heading towards the second terminal, when Nora rolled reckless Objective on her AI card. She left engagement from toge Brute and took his attack as she left, but she hoped over the barricade and finished off the Enslaved Tech with her hunting rifle.

With just the Brute left, I called it after finishing out round 4. He wouldn't be able to hack the second computer terminal for the second key to escape into the hatch.

Fun game and certainly different than playing the Survivors. The Enslaved Tech is squishy to be an AI objective and I should have given him some armor or a stimpack.

Old October 12th, 2019, 10:35 PM
"like" happy

Looks great @Hahma . Your solo Batreps are super cool to see in picture form. I'm up in the air on what I want to play first Solo. I'm either going to try out my Solo Frostgrave Idea, try out some Walking dead scenarios, or have been debating on playing zombicide or massive darkness. The big thing in which one I will play first is if its entirely painted or not. So perhaps I'll go with walking dead to begin. That or just keep painting minis.

Old October 12th, 2019, 11:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Looks great @Hahma . Your solo Batreps are super cool to see in picture form. I'm up in the air on what I want to play first Solo. I'm either going to try out my Solo Frostgrave Idea, try out some Walking dead scenarios, or have been debating on playing zombicide or massive darkness. The big thing in which one I will play first is if its entirely painted or not. So perhaps I'll go with walking dead to begin. That or just keep painting minis.

Thanks Trex!

Hah! You have so many minis, that if you just keep painting mins, you'll be as old as me (52) before you even start playing your solo games

I have a lot of mins to paint, and have 3 more Super Mutants in the works and have assembled and primed several Brotherhood of Steel minis this week as well, but I decided to break off painting at times to get some games played. Aside from the couple games of Fallout, I think I got 9 games of Rangers of Shadow Deep played as well last month. The minis will wait

Old October 13th, 2019, 03:16 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post

Thanks Trex!

Hah! You have so many minis, that if you just keep painting mins, you'll be as old as me (52) before you even start playing your solo games

I have a lot of mins to paint, and have 3 more Super Mutants in the works and have assembled and primed several Brotherhood of Steel minis this week as well, but I decided to break off painting at times to get some games played. Aside from the couple games of Fallout, I think I got 9 games of Rangers of Shadow Deep played as well last month. The minis will wait
True, if I don't speed paint them. After typing this I finally sat down and painted up my squad of shore troopers and my Taun Taun riders while watching the Breaking Bad movie "El Camino". So, my Legion Backlog is caught back up. After seeing your cool Fallout setups I went and got my Death claw out of my starter box, measured him, and started printing one. I have loads of downloaded fallout stl files on my computer from when I first got my printer, so I figured I'd print a few of them. I stopped other printing to print off about 50 new heroscape bases for my Starcraft and Warcraft figures that I had printed. I still need to pop out a few more bases for the Siege Tanks. I'm using large Legion bases for those. I love being able to create whatever comes to mind on the printer. If you are interested in any of my paint jobs, I will shoot pics on messenger for the time being. My older computer has photoshop, and is the one I print and modify picture files on and I don't get on any computers too often except for 3d printing. I'll see how nice the Deathclaw file is here in an hour or so. I've been running my stuff with more infill and a little slower to get better quality stuff because I have plenty of quantity.

Old October 13th, 2019, 05:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

I finished 3 more Super Mutants. There's the Master with the pistol and sledgehammer, a Brute with big belly and sledgehammer, and a regular generic Super Mutant with a board and Molotov Cocktail. I still have 2 more regular generic Super Mutants and 3 Super Mutant Suiciders to do and all my Super Mutants are done.

And here's a family photo of all the Super Mutant faction I have finished so far.

Anytime you want to shoot me some pix @TREX , I'd love to see them.

Old October 13th, 2019, 06:44 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
I finished 3 more Super Mutants. There's the Master with the pistol and sledgehammer, a Brute with big belly and sledgehammer, and a regular generic Super Mutant with a board and Molotov Cocktail. I still have 2 more regular generic Super Mutants and 3 Super Mutant Suiciders to do and all my Super Mutants are done.

And here's a family photo of all the Super Mutant faction I have finished so far.

Anytime you want to shoot me some pix @TREX , I'd love to see them.
Wow, those look great. My favorite has to be big belly over the head sledge mutant. Very Cool.

Yeah, I may just shoot you some pics of a bunch of the stuff done. I don't get on here for a whole lot else besides BSing on this thread with you and checking out and discussing 3d models in that thread with those guys. Any legit heroscape I run will probably be ran on a non grid/hex battlefield. I talked to my one brother about it. I think the biggest perks will be the setup and takedown of the gridless battlefield. Putting out a battlemat, and throwing some scatter and terrain pieces out will be much quicker than building a heroscape terrain map. Also, we plan on using a deployment feature that legion uses. Marking the sections with those markers used for range. I also talked to my brother about making ruler sections that connect together similar to how legion range rulers are, but they will be in lengths of 2 to 3 space sections to keep the range and movement of heroscape. After we get it designed, I'll 3d print a handful of them and if they are awesome, I'll send you a set. Not sure when that will happen, but when it does, it will be really neat. What do you think of that idea. It will essentially be a Legion range ruler with two to three space sections on each piece. The sections will be 1.5 inches wide, and be used to count spaces and range. They will have an insert peg just like the range ruler in legion. Should be fun. My brother is really excited to be able to make some heroscape cards for some of my really big miniatures that otherwise would not play the game on hex spaces.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures