Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old September 7th, 2007, 09:41 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Thanks for the link Newb. I hope they're in stock. Thoughthammer was out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
So they're preping themselves for bankruptcy?
It sounds more like a re-organization, to avoid more financial hassles.
Going from metal to plastic, plus the painting costs big $$. I'm sure GW is watching carefully.
I was reading about it on BGG.com Apparently they're just under protection from creditors for a few months while they sort some problems out. Apparently, AT-43 isn't doing so well in europe like they thought, but it's doing better than they thought in the states. Sadly, their poor distribution methods hurt them in the states. Hopefully their deal with FFGs will help fix that.

Also, the announcement of the new confrontation game has cause the sales of the old stuff to grind to a halt. Going prepainted will help them get new customers, but all the old stuff is incompatiable with the new rules so it really ticked off a lot of their old players.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Alright dudes, looks like I'm in for at least a starter set. Hope this game turns out to be as enjoyable as a lot of you say it is.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old October 3rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
I still haven't picked up a thing for this game, but I'm following it...

Pretty cool.

Old October 4th, 2007, 01:08 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
That thing must be discustingly fast.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Old October 7th, 2007, 06:09 PM

HShawaii has disabled reputation
I got into this game recently and I'm hooked. I have Red Block and Therians. It is more expensive than Heroscape but the paint jobs on the striders are really nice. Even the regular models.
Old October 10th, 2007, 12:51 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Finally got to play through most of the 6 missions in the demo/starter set. We just skipped one, and the other we realised couldn't be won by the UNA so we quit half way through.

I really want to get the rule book and try a real game now.

Old October 10th, 2007, 08:25 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
It's the prices that put me right off the game. The base set seemed like good value, but we're now talking about £8/$16 for a single 28mm character, and £28/$56 for one of those painted dreadnaught thingies. Well into GW territory. Nope, I'll stick to my £10/$20 HS boosters, thanks.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old October 10th, 2007, 12:57 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
It's the prices that put me right off the game. The base set seemed like good value, but we're now talking about £8/$16 for a single 28mm character, and £28/$56 for one of those painted dreadnaught thingies. Well into GW territory. Nope, I'll stick to my £10/$20 HS boosters, thanks.
The game is more expensive in europe? That's odd. Most expensive figure I've seen was $40, and that was for a large one.

Old October 19th, 2007, 01:17 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Well, I'm hooked. Just need to start picking up units now. I'm kinda torn between the redblok and the UNA.

Old October 19th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
Well, I'm hooked. Just need to start picking up units now. I'm kinda torn between the redblok and the UNA.
I've been slowly adding to my collection (mostly UNA and Red Block) and love the quality of the newer models. Two of the boxsets were missing unit cards and I am going to research how to get the cards from the company. Now just need to get a game or two in.

Newb.
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
I saw some of these miniatures at a local game store and while they are very nice looking, they were insanely expensive. I'll have to stick with HS.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:35 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
I saw some of these miniatures at a local game store and while they are very nice looking, they were insanely expensive. I'll have to stick with HS.
I was talking to the owner of the local game store that carries it. I asked him how it was selling.

He Said, "It's really weird. people will pick up a squad of 10 guys and say, 'It's really cool looking, but $30 is too expensive!' They'll then turn around and buy a $40 squad for warmachine with only 4 minis in it."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures