Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:18 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Nukatha's Map [Frozen Volcano]

Download here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1130

It uses 1 RoTV, 1 SoTM, 1 TT, 2FoTA, 2 RttFF, 1 VW, and lots of bonus hexes, most notably the snow tiles.

Yes, 2 FoTA. You need 2 sets of the 7/9 hex pieces (along with the 2 5-hex pieces from the RttFFs) to build the superstructure that holds up the peak.

Here you can see the overview of it
And here is a close up of the catacombs.

This is my first time using VirtualScape, and I am extremely impressed.

I built the map in real life, then transferred it here.

During the design I used a pseudo-symmetrical thing. The map, up until the snow and ice top, is symmetrical (not counting the one added water tile on one side, but that's negligible). Then I realized that I didn't want a symmetrical map, so I gave the top a different feel. Note that it is effectively impossible to cross from one side of the top of the map to the other, due to the lave and glaciers. That said, I tried to make it accessible. I believe you could get a Zettian to climb up there if you really wanted to.

So, what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 09:33 AM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker
Re: Nukatha's Map [Frozen Volcano]

Have you built it? It looks like the top will just collapse when touched.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:04 AM

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes I have built it. And played on it.

The two larger FOTA sections (with 5 pillars) each have a large 7-hex tile from FoTA on them. The others that are not directly connect to another have the normal topper. 2 24 hex pieces match up symmetrically against each other.

Above that, a web of the 9-hex FoTA tiles, and 5-hex RttFF tiles are placed for additional stability.

IT won't fall apart.

Quote:
Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:30 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Okay, looks like fun then.

Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm a little concerned about the fact that you could just plunk Syv or the AE up on top, and those characters could just snipe everything down on the ground.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:29 PM

You can't see the catacombs from up there. I played a game with the AE. Unless you sacrifice that height advantage, everyone underneath is completely safe.

Plus, that underground section is about equal in size to the top section, so you can fight a battle on two fronts.

Quote:
Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:39 PM

Range battle on top, meele on the bottom.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios