Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 5th, 2006, 10:35 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Wow. Nice site. I like the spinning avi's, but I like mine better. :P (As a note, all works well in MSN Explorer. People are usually asking if things work in other browsers, so I thought I offer this info, as I find few people use this browser.)

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old December 5th, 2006, 10:47 PM
ylikone

GaryLASQ, wow, that is an excellent gathering of heroscape information! The fact that the data in the tables is sortable by title is awesome. Very good.

One thing, I noticed that the extensions on the pages are all .htm... did you make all of these pages statically? or are you using a PHP/ASP/something and just disguised it behind the htm extension? or maybe you generate the static pages with a script?
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylikone
......or maybe you generate the static pages with a script?
yes, static pages generated with script. the tables are XML converted to HTML via XSLT. no scripting happens while browsing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS ~ KNT
As a note, all works well in MSN Explorer. People are usually asking if things work in other browsers, so I thought I offer this info, as I find few people use this browser.
cool. good to know. i only check my pages in IE, FireFox and sometimes Netscape (which is a lot like FireFox internally). what i don't care about is if things don't work in some moldy old version of a browser.
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:45 PM
ylikone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylikone
......or maybe you generate the static pages with a script?
yes, static pages generated with script. the tables are XML converted to HTML via XSLT. no scripting happens while browsing.
Ok, i guess i could have figured this out if I had read more of this thread.

BTW- your stuff works in Firefox, Opera and Konqueror in Linux
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Taylor21279 has disabled reputation
Gary I think your site is great and look foward to seeing more from you in the future. Keep up the great work.

"Show me a Hero, and I'll write you a tragedy" - Fitzgerald

Gary I think your site is great and look foward to seeing more from you in the future. Keep up the great work.

Old December 6th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
He really really really likes your site Gary. :P

Old December 29th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
fyi. i know some of you hit my site often for looking up character stats.

having some technical difficulties with the server for www.glasq.com, so heroscape.glasq.com is down. i'll post back when things are working again.
Old December 29th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
fyi. i know some of you hit my site often for looking up character stats.

having some technical difficulties with the server for www.glasq.com, so heroscape.glasq.com is down. i'll post back when things are working again.
Ack! The horror!
Old December 30th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Spin Master

still down. probably going to be another 24 hours or more. heh, besides not having access to my site, there are a few things on it linked into pages here at Heroscapers that are affected; avatars of a few other members, zipped PDFs for maps from the HQ, pics in numerous threads, etc. *sigh*
Old December 31st, 2006, 09:57 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
No worries, Gary. Your site is worth the wait.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion