Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old April 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok
Nice job. I like the tower. Why don't you try using real rocks for line of site blockers? The egg carton rocks or pretty good, but nothing beats real rock to simulate rock . I live out in the country so there are rocks all over. I look for ones with an intersesting shape and a flatter bottom, so it can stand on it's own. If you don't have any rocks nearby, take a drive out to a bush or whatever and go rock hunting.

thanks for sharing your stuff.
I live out in the counrty too so their are plenty of rocks to be found. I use the small ones on bases from time to time. I suppose I could use some large ones like you suggested but the cardboard ones I made are nice and light weight. Plus I don't have to worry about someone accidently knocking them off a cliff ledge and crushing one of my plastic figures standing below.
Old December 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Custom work by Yodaking

It has been a long time since I updated this thread. Since then I have made a bunch of stuff for the Custom Terrain Contests but never added them to my thread. I'll just keep one entry per post so keep checking back until I'm done. Hope you all enjoy them all.

Here is the smallest and simplest one I made for the contest, yet perhaphs the one that turned out the best. I'll let you decide on that. I call it an Ox Cart. When I was working on it I had planned from the beginning to give it away as a prize for an upcomming tournament. So even though I really liked it, I still gave it away with plans on making another one for myself. Still haven't gotten around to making the second one though. I know I will at some point as I still have all the materials.

There is one thing I want to do differently when I make the next one. The barrels are solid wood (picked up at Hobby Lobby for very cheap), so instead of just painting on the lines that make the invidual planks, I want to try carving the lines into them.

Oh and the well you see in the background was a premade piece I picked up and repainted. So I didn't actually make the item, but I did make it better.

Last edited by Yodaking; December 17th, 2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Here is my attempt to make a Stone Henge type expansion pack.

Old December 17th, 2009, 05:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Realy liked how this bridge turned out. Yes it is pretty big but has made for some great 'capture and hold the bridge until reinforcement arrive' senerios. It might look best with Marvel figures but I think it looks great with classic scape too.

As was mentioned in the contest thread in which it was entered, the bridge started out it's life as a wooden 3-D Eiffle Tower I picked up on sale for $5 at Micheals Craft Store. Also bought a long plank of balsa wood to use for the road base, a thin sheet of balsa wood to make the tile spaces, and some popsickle sticks as cross beams on the legs. Lots of cutting and sanding went into it to turn it into the bridge you now see but it was all time well spent IMO.
Old December 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Here is my Egypt themed terrain. I think it turned out pretty good. Lots of intersting LOS blockers and movement obsticals. Just wish I had some cool scorpion type figures to use with it.

When I started to make it I was planning on doing a step by step tutorial but then got carried away with my work and forgot all about taking pictures. So here is a pic of what I started out with, than a pic of what I made before adding paint.

Here are some close ups of how they turned out after painting and adding any other finishing touches.

The one I like the least is the little archer platform thing. It was really made as an after thought. I was trying to find a way to use that tile I picked up at Home Depot that I thought had a nice Eqypt feel to it and had some left over pieces from making the pyramid. So I merged the two together after everything else was done.

Went ahead and made myself a Stargate to go along with all this Egypt stuff. Not the best possible Stargate but I am pretty happy with how it turned out none the less. Also has it's own Vydar ramp and dialer. I have used it to bring reinforcements onto the game board instead of entering from the start zone. Lots of fun since the Stargate can be closed via the dialer before all the reinforcements can get through if you are a crafty opponent.

And here is a pic showing the whole board I set up featuring everything.

Old December 17th, 2009, 06:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright this is the last of it for now.

I played this temple as 'unholy ground' in which any non Utgar forces standing on or adjectent to it rolled 1 less defense die. Due to the square shape the hexes don't always work prefectly with a basic heroscape board, but it really is not that big of an issue to deal with as long as you are willing. This was one of my early projects and eventually just didn't have the room to store it any longer, so I gave it away as a tourney prize.

Old December 17th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Absolutely great work as always yodaking. The best part is your willingness to offer several of these works of art for prizes! Thank you so much!

So, I really like that bridge and if you still have it, perhaps you could design a map using that bridge for play at the Superhero Showdown?

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 18th, 2009, 02:56 AM
C3G Landlord

No problem. I'd love to bring it down.
Old December 18th, 2009, 09:30 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Wow!!!

I especially like the temple and the tower. You do a great job with the drybrushing and flocking.
Old December 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

WOW! Those are awesome!
As you know I am working on using up weapons and warriors, and now I see I some great ideas. I was wondering though, how do non fliers get on the castle tower? And I love the egg cartons, I gotta make some. The unholy ground is epic, I like how runa, like a priest, has sacrificed a Krav.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...

Last edited by Killz; December 18th, 2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:14 PM

Daddio is surprisingly tart

Yodaking, nice work all around! And thanks so much for posting. It's fun to see your progress throughout all these photos too.

It goes without saying, but the bridge was amazing when you posted it in the contest and still is.

I like the stone formations for your Stonegenge set, and the Egypt themed items are very creative.

"I think you like buying HeroScape stuff more than you like actually playing HeroScape." -Mommio-

Daddio's Random Comments (customs page)
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
WOW! Those are awesome!
As you know I am working on using up weapons and warriors, and now I see I some great ideas. I was wondering though, how do non fliers get on the castle tower? And I love the egg cartons, I gotta make some. The unholy ground is epic, I like how runa, like a priest, has sacrificed a Krav.
For the tower, I just made a rule that once a figure is standing in front of the door, he can move up through the tower and onto the top (via the door there) for a cost of 3 movement. This would in effect represent the opening of both doors and climbing up the stairs inside.

I also said that if the top of the tower was full of figures (max 4) that any figure with flying could still attack one of them with a melee attack. If they killed the figure, they could land on the empty space, if they failed to kill him, they had to land on a tile directly below and adjecent to the figure attacked. This way more figures have a chance to unseat some ranged figures camping up there.

And yeah I thought Runa was just the perfect figure for that altar myself. Built it with her in mind (ie. size) and the KMA figure already had a sprawled out looking pose so it worked out well.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. It is nice to know others like what I'm doing too. I haven't done anything for a while now, but getting these pics posted and talking about them all again just might get me motivated to get working again. It'll have to be after Chirstmas is done and over though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles