Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old September 29th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Magic:The Gathering

Sarcasm detector must be broken...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:39 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Sarcasm detector must be broken...

Jim

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.
Old September 30th, 2008, 09:30 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the info Richard. I'm glad someone finally took my question seriously.

Sometimes I get a strong hankering to play Magic again. I need to find a place that hosts draft tournaments, because that is when I have the most fun with M:tG.
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:16 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yea. Happyjosiah and I just starting playing Magic. Well actually Happy has played it before he just recently brushed me up on the rules. I've madea couple of decks which I think are pretty good.

It's a fun game. I wish I was good/rich enough to play it on a professional level so that I wouldn't have to worry about a job as much. I'm still waiting on Heroscape to go professional.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM

aquaone is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids View Post
I need to find a place that hosts draft tournaments, because that is when I have the most fun with M:tG.
check local shops for FNMs. many do drafts at least 50% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
I wish I was good/rich enough to play it on a professional level so that I wouldn't have to worry about a job as much. I'm still waiting on Heroscape to go professional.
it's generally not worth it. 1 out of every couple million has enough connections and skill to make a living, and even then it's not much of a living.

if you wanna play a game professionally for a living, you're much better off with poker. most professional m:tg players have switched over since the returns are so much higher for such a simpler game.

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old December 21st, 2008, 09:16 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Could anyone direct me to a reliable resource for pricing Magic cards?

That is to say, I have a collection, and if I wanted to know it's approximate worth to the current market where should I go?

Thanks,

Old December 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

www.starcitygames.com and www.blackborder.com were 2 sites I used often. I know there are a couple others but I can't think of them. Once I get home from work I'll check my bookmarks. Those should help you get started.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old January 6th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Try www.magictraders.com they're generally pretty reliable. Starcity tends to overprice singles, so they're not the best place to go for accurate pricing.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:52 PM

fred the bug has disabled reputation

So are there any other current MtG players out there?

I'm James Murphy in the
Volcanic Island-Hangout
And the Arbiter (Halo 3) in the prismatic manor
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM

NEMT knows what's in an order marker NEMT knows what's in an order marker

I am and I am digging Conflux.

Great trades with Just_a_Bill, Topher, Feekonea, Worseley, Just_a_Bill, The Silver Surfer, Xaqery, Just_a_Bill, insomnimaniac, stubobj and CheddarLimbo.
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:27 PM

aquaone is surprisingly tart

I run the Magic: the Gathering meet-up in Seattle. We have 193 members but average attendance is ~20. I also run small events in my house and have judged at other events.

If anyone on here lives near Seattle and wants to know where to find a game, just let me know when you're available and I can recommend a few groups.

*insert witty catchphrase here*
Old February 4th, 2009, 05:48 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

I've recently got into the game and am currently battling a MTG online addiction. The first step is admitting I have a problem.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games