Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old June 21st, 2020, 04:25 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Signups until 6/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzmo_of_Gilead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzmo_of_Gilead View Post
Is this tournament open to someone who is fairly new to competitive play and the custom figures? I recently got back into the game and have read up on most of the classic figures. I have been able to play at home, but have no tournament experience (I played competitive X-Wing for a few years though). I also started to check out some of the customs, mostly from the newest release, but I have not had a chance to read through a lot of the older releases.
Go for it!

Most people who are new to online play don't have a ton of experience with C3V - I had never used any before I played an online tournament.

Tourneys are a good way to learn C3V because you learn them 4-6 cards at a time (per game) and you have days in advance to read them. Much easier than an in-person tournament for picking up the figures, I've found.
Kevindola helped me out with some armies and I signed up. Looking forward to it.
Looking forward and happy jumping in. I jumped in a few tournaments ago. The group is very friendly! Let me know if you want to do a practice game early this week. I have lots of time (I'm a teacher on summer with adult kids!).

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old June 21st, 2020, 06:50 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
tagging a few people who I heard were interested but haven't signed up yet. I plan to close things up tomorrow night to have round 1 ready to go Monday morning.

Spoiler Alert!
There, you happy Kevindola? ;p

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old June 21st, 2020, 07:11 PM

Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker Tankyteemo knows what's in an order marker

Signed up, looking forward to my first tournament!
Old June 21st, 2020, 07:59 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Hey @infectedsloth , sign up

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 22nd, 2020, 12:07 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Don't forget to post here, or in the public playtesting thread, or in a PM to myself your report on the unit you played for each of your game. A general guideline format to follow is this:

Spoiler Alert!

If anyone else would like to join please PM me with your armies and we'll try to slot you in as a sub or into the tournament proper if we get 2 sign ups.

Round 1 is on Valledonn Fortress (Wannok, Valda).

The BodaciousBlood v. coachmuskie pool of armies is:
* That's a spikey cactus!: Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Marro Warriors
* Soulborg & Indians: Teeth of the Makwa x3, Mohican River Tribe x2, Zetacron, Makwa Tribesman x1, Brave Arrow
* Amber Bugs!: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Goblins Galore!: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Urk
coachmuskie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, BodaciousBlood chooses who places first.

The Scaperedude v. Cuzmo_of_Gilead pool of armies is:
* Motley Bunch: Marro Stingers x3, Nakita Agents, Motley Max, Izumi Samurai
* The Frying Pan: Warforged Soldiers x4, Axentia
* Nilfheim to the Max: Greenscale Warriors x3, Nilfheim, Motley Max
* Marcus Rising: Roman Legionnaires x3, Axentia, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Marcu Esenwein
Cuzmo_of_Gilead chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Scaperedude chooses who places first.

The lefton4ya v. Dompredator77 pool of armies is:
* Hunting Party: Mohican River Tribe x4, Mawka Tribesman x1, Himmelskralle, Raelin (RotV)
* Pesky Swarm: Amberhive Protectors x2, Red Ants of Aunstrom x3, Amberhive Queen, Zetacron, Raelin (SotM)
* The new Goblins?: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Rygarn, Koggo
* ENGAGEMENT STRIKERS: Cathar Spearmen x1, Nakita Agents, Greater Ice Elemental x1, Motley Max, Siiv
Dompredator77 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, lefton4ya chooses who places first.

The heroscaper2010 v. wumpis pool of armies is:
* : Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Cyprien Esenwein
* : Mohican River Tribe x4, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Tribesman x2
* I have a feeling someone else chose this army: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Raelin (RotV)
* Stab and burn 'em: 10th Regiment x4, Axentia, Isamu, Bol
heroscaper2010 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, wumpis chooses who places first.

The Dysole v. All Your Pie pool of armies is:
* Snakes on a Flame: Venoc Vipers x5, Venoc Warlord, Axentia
* Bee Movie: Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Raelin (RotV), Kaemon Awa
* Eternal Darknessborne: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu
* Embassy of Pain: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Himmelskralle, Marro Warriors, Guilty McCreech, Zetacron
All Your Pie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Dysole chooses who places first.

The superfrog v. Sir Heroscape pool of armies is:
* Two Kingdoms: Amberhive Protectors x3, Crypt Guardian x2, Amberhive Queen, Warden 816, Drow Chainfighter, Bol
* Feylund's Foes: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Kaemon Awa, Marcu Esenwein
* The Noble and Great Ones: Knights of Weston x3, Axentia, Thorgrim, Eldgrim
* Doomsday: Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
Sir Heroscape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.

The capsocrates v. Captain Stupendous pool of armies is:
* : B-11 Resistance Fighters, Brute Gruts, Axentia, Rygarn, Kursus
* : Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Guilty McCreech
* Ranjit's Rowdy Crew: Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga Agents, Arktos, Varkanaan Swiftfangs, Zettian Guards, Isamu
* A Painful Exspearience: 12th Cacusus Rifles x3, Cathar Spearmen x2, Motley Max, Guilty McCreech
Captain Stupendous chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, capsocrates chooses who places first.

he Ericth74 v. infectedsloth pool of armies is:
* A to Zeta: Honor Guard of the Blasted Land x4, Axentia, Zetacron
* Chain Gang: Marro Stingers x4, Motley Max, Tandros Kreel
* : Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Makwa Tribesman x1
* : Red Ants of Aunstrom x5, Amberhive Queen, Axentia
Ericth74 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, infectedsloth chooses who places first.

The vegietarian18 v. flameslayer93 pool of armies is:
* Two Rs Make A Unique Squad Based Army: Ranjit Singh, Rygarn, B-11 Resistance Fighters, Izumi Samurai, Marro Warriors, Tarn Viking Warriors
* Kaemon Raelin Bugs: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Kaemon Awa, Raelin (RotV)
* Shadows of Brimstone: Children of the Dark Star x3, Agga-Zemir, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Guilty McCreech
* Go Goblin, Go!: Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, Raelin (RotV)
flameslayer93 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

The Chris Perkins v. AgentWard pool of armies is:
* Weakness to Bug Spray: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Ugly Orcs: Horned Skull Brutes x3, Goblin Cutters x3, Bugbear Basher x2, Isamu
* The Outsiders Strike Back: Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Eldgrim
* Agressive Negotiation: deathknights of Valkrill x2, Ranjit Singh, Boreos, Krav Maga Agents, Marcu Esenwein
Chris Perkins chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, AgentWard chooses who places first.

The Kinseth v. mtl1998 pool of armies is:
* : goblin slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Heirloom
* : Buccaneers of Tortuga x4, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Tribesman x2
* Ranjit's Rangers: Ranjit Singh, B-11 Resistance Corps, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors
* Raelin > Makwa Tribesman x2: Teeth of the Makwa x2, Mohican River Tribe x2, Makwa Tribesman x2, Raelin (RotV), Zetacron
mtl1998 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Kinseth chooses who places first.

The Knight of Scape v. Son of Arathorn pool of armies is:
* Rainbow Alliance: Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Krav Maga Agents, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Siiv, Isamu
* Makwa Hunting Party: Teeth of the Makwa x5, Makwa Tribesman x1, Raelin (RotV), Kira Jax
* Bugs in Black: Amberhive Protectors x4, Sujoah, Krav Maga Agents, Isamu
* ALIENS: Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors, Black Wyrmling x2
Knight of Scape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Son of Arathorn chooses who places first.

The Toogwick_Tuk v. Tankyteemo pool of armies is:
* : Cathar Spearmen x3, Count Raymond, Motley Max, Arkmer
* : Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga, Theracus, Raelin (RotV), Himmelskralle, Guilty McCreech, Isamu
* Bees?: Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Major Q10
* : Children of the Dark Star x5, Agga-Zemir, Marro Warriors
Tankyteemo chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Toogwick_Tuk chooses who places first.

The dok v. Heroscaper Guy pool of armies is:
* Majaratpodge: deathreavers x3, Ranjit Singh, Syvarris, Rygarn, Marro Warriors
* I feel like I'm on fire: Xualtiaca Fire Ants x5, Axentia, Siiv
* : Children of the Dark Star x4, Agga-Zemir, Airborne Elite
* : Goblin Slashers x4, Bugbear Basher x4, James Murphy
Heroscaper Guy chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.

Last edited by kevindola; June 22nd, 2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 02:19 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: 2020 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 1 until 7/5

I'm sad my Ranjit + Ebon armor army got tossed. It was the one I was most excited to play

--
--
--

--
Old June 22nd, 2020, 10:17 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I also do not see many "control groups" of top and mid range armies without testing units - my Stinger army would have been good, would love to see classic Dwarf, Knights, or even Nilf/Greenscales and Quahon/Spider armies that were top tier in the last few online tournaments. Is there any way like 1/2 way through the tournament that the bottom tier people (2-0 and some 1-1) can switch one of their armies to their alternate they sent in?
Old June 22nd, 2020, 10:23 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Is there any way like 1/2 way through the tournament that the bottom tier people (0-2 and some 1-1) can switch one of their armies to their alternate they sent in?
Yes, once you have 2 losses, if you would like to switch out one of your chosen armies with the third please send me a PM with your request within 24 hours of gaining your second loss and I will accommodate that request.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 12:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I also do not see many "control groups" of top and mid range armies without testing units - my Stinger army would have been good, would love to see classic Dwarf, Knights, or even Nilf/Greenscales and Quahon/Spider armies that were top tier in the last few online tournaments. Is there any way like 1/2 way through the tournament that the bottom tier people (2-0 and some 1-1) can switch one of their armies to their alternate they sent in?
We had this discussion last time as well. Those types of tests are the meat of what we do inside the sanctum. Lots and lots of tests against solid everyday army builds. One of our purposes here is to get a lot of eyes on these figures, even though it's not the most optimal meta. There's still lots of helpful information we gather from a tournament like this.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 12:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Starting with Sir H now: he has Goblins, I have Outsiders.
Old June 24th, 2020, 01:24 AM

Quote:
The capsocrates v. Captain Stupendous pool of armies is:
* : B-11 Resistance Fighters, Brute Gruts, Axentia, Rygarn, Kursus
* : Children of the Dark Star x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Agga-Zemir, Guilty McCreech
* Ranjit's Rowdy Crew: Ranjit Singh, Krav Maga Agents, Arktos, Varkanaan Swiftfangs, Zettian Guards, Isamu
* A Painful Exspearience: 12th Cacusus Rifles x3, Cathar Spearmen x2, Motley Max, Guilty McCreech
Captain Stupendous chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, capsocrates chooses who places first.
This game will go down at 1830MT/2030ET this Thursday

--
--
--

--
Old June 24th, 2020, 05:51 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
The heroscaper2010 v. wumpis pool of armies is:
* : Amberhive Protectors x5, Amberhive Queen, Cyprien Esenwein
* : Mohican River Tribe x4, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Tribesman x2
* I have a feeling someone else chose this army: Goblin Slashers x5, Bugbear Basher x2, Koggo, Raelin (RotV)
* Stab and burn 'em: 10th Regiment x4, Axentia, Isamu, Bol
heroscaper2010 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, wumpis chooses who places first.
Playing today at 3pm EST.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting