Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old September 3rd, 2019, 09:07 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 2 until 9/15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Round 2 is on Grounds of Ashra (Xipta, Dagmar).

The Sir Heroscape (0-1) v. Chris Perkins (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Berserk Birdmen: Beakface Sneaks x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Quorik Warwitch, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
* Blood and Tears: Acolytes of Vorganund x5, Morgoloth, Skull Demon
* Are the Drudge Playable Now? : Marro Drudge x5, Re-Tak-Shi, Tul-Bak-Ra, Isamu
* D20 > Defense Dice ?: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x5, Brave Arrow, Marcu Esenwein
Chris Perkins chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Sir Heroscape chooses who places first.
Starting now.

--------------------------------------

Edit: got the win.

I hit Emerge from Swamp (the 16+ one) with R-T-S on each of the first 3 rounds, which let me get him to great height without any OMs used the whole game. I used Round 1, OM 1 on T-B-R, and only used T-B-R twice more, both when Xipta forced me to, and he was rather useless both times.

R-T-S gave me a great position to put Drudge on height though where they could threaten with 4 attack. Sir H.'s Sneaks tried going around the far sides to the north and south of the map to avoid my central pod, which forced me to meet them for a bunch of 1-1s, but with the amount of swamp water on the map and having 3 attacks to his 2, those tradeoffs helped me in the long run and I had 5 Drudge left after Sir H ran out of Sneaks.

Sir H. moved in with Quorik then, finally testing my central pod, but a poor defensive showing from an Interceptor gave me two boosted attacks (one with height) on Quorik that he wasn't expecting, which finished off the Warwitch, leaving Sir H. with just Rygarn left, and he conceded.

R-T-S was fantastic, but largely because I got really lucky with Emerge from Swamp and didn't have to burn any early OMs advancing her.

The Interceptors both took very high efficiency attacks with their flying boost, but both missed and died very soon after. Should have done a lot more than they ended up doing, based on the number of dice they threw at me (including an early shot at R-T-S that would have changed the game if it had it for 3+ wounds).

I think the new figures worked largely as expected this game, with the boosted Drudge gaining the advantage over the Sneaks.

gg Sir H

Last edited by Chris Perkins; September 3rd, 2019 at 10:50 PM. Reason: game result / summary
Old September 4th, 2019, 01:45 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

vegie and I are planning to play tomorrow, sometime after 7PM central. vegie will be playing my Wet Dry World versus me with the Wildwood midrange.
Old September 4th, 2019, 02:41 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Round 2! sweet.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 5th, 2019, 01:28 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

AgentWard and I scheduled for September 14th at 12:00 LA time/21:00 France time.

He's got Swampy Bois and I have Gas Grenades and Goblins.
Old September 5th, 2019, 09:24 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I got the win over AYP using his RTS + Water Elemental build vs. his Wildwood build. I failed an RTS Emerge from Swamp roll and decided to move her out to try to pod up which was not at all worth it. I did get some nice Water Elemental shots early but once the front Elemental died RTS was massively in the way of me getting Fire Elementals next to the Monarch that had charged up the road next to her. RTS got pounded in by the Monarch in melee attacks, while boosting the Water Elementals to get damage back on the Monarch. Eventually the tide turned: I killed the Monarch and denied a Seedling turn. The Monarch came back, which killed the unwounded Sentinel, and I worked to pound in the Monarch again. The other Sentinel went down quickly (can't remember how) and suddenly I had a good board state. AYP brought out Zeta who killed a water in low ground swamp but then got popped immediately in retaliation by a water who snuck around the middle height road with a 4v4, and lost an OM. From there it was just a grind out as I had the lead. The remaining few Elementals finished off the Monarch and the Runner he spawned.

This was a very interesting game dynamic, with the Wildwoods being so slow but able to come back from the dead and the Elementals also being able to come back from the dead but not as easily. Because the Wildwoods were so slow I was able to safely roll for Summon Elemental without feeling like I was losing much. I tried it 4 times and brought 2 back which was a huge deal as I only had 4 remaining at the end. The Wildwoods were majorly aided by the road though. I think without the road I develop the Elementals a whole lot cleaner and have the space to kill Wildwoods a lot more effectively.

RTS was kind of useless in this matchup. The board already had a lot of water so the Water Elementals were pretty good without her and she kind of just got in the way due to engagement rules. She did boost a decent amount of attacks while she lived. I think on other boards, with better height perches available, RTS will be much more dangerous, especially lava boards. I like the design and think it actually might be on the strong side. Just the 4 attack 4 defense 5 life and off order marker teleport for 80 points is decent, Martial La Hire is 70 points just for 4 attack 4 defense 5 life. But this just wasn't her best showing.

The Wildwoods are scary to play against but I don't know if they are very good. The life cycle is intimidating and especially confusing to play against but not actually that powerful. IMO the most significant part of their life cycle is the Runner -> Sentinel upgrade and I tried really hard to deny that one. The Sentinel -> Monarch upgrade actually isn't horrible to deal with. The Wildwoods are just so slow and even if they can throw all 3 attacks it's only 3 in a turn and one of them is a 2 die attack. I'd need more test games to be confident but at the moment I think they should all get +1 move at least.
Old September 5th, 2019, 09:31 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Lost the match against vegie. Here's the report:

Point Total: 475
Map: Grounds of Ashra
Glyphs: Dagmar and Xipta

AYP - Army: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x2
vegietarian18 - Army: Kurrok, RTS, FE x5, WE x3

Which units survived? Kurrok 2w, 2 Fires, 1 Water

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
I used the road to slam the Monarch and a Sentinel into the front lines early, while keeping my excess runner and sentinel out of the way. The elementals burned through the trees fairly well but I was able to kill Re-Tak-Shi before she could get into any good positions. I also inflicted two wounds on Kurrok, but by that point I was out of sentinels and my offense was waning. vegie did a great job making surprise moves with the water elementals, sneaking them around to take shots that killed Zetacron and my runners until I was left with only the Monarch at full health against a few elementals and Kurrok. With only a single strong attack, I wasn't quite able to break through 3 elementals, and the monarch and the last runner I had spawned went down on vegie's OM 3.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

I used Ascend a couple of times to move the Monarch out of swamp water. It's more or less like Climb or Scale on small units--a basic necessity when using units with such low move.

The Awakened Forest powers I used on pretty much every Monarch OM. I typically stuck with having only the Monarch and a Sentinel on the front lines, though I made a few Runner attacks as well.

I used Seedling quite a few times, Verdant Growth once, and never used Vigorous Growth (which I think in retrospect might have been a mistake? I may have forgotten I could have used it in the same round I sacrificed a Sentinel for Verdant Growth, as I think I still had a spare runner at the time). While it was tempting to try and run once most of the wildwoods were down, it's hard to do so with such low move. I prefer that though, as it rewards planning out your offense more than outright turtling.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
I don't know that the Wildwoods are my kind of unit, but I'm very impressed at how they manage to be functional and interesting while being completely different from any other faction in the game. Arguably, they can be a bit linear to play once they get into melee, since with such low move they present very few options beyond just "attack what's next to you." That wasn't true for me all the time though, and they present a lot of interesting options in army building and development. I certainly didn't play or build them optimally, and vegie struggled for a while to understand how to fight back effectively, so it's possible they'll play a bit different for players that have "solved" them.
Old September 5th, 2019, 09:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

A topdown for Nathaniel Blount is up on the Unreleased VC Figures sheet, which makes all of our current PPT units available to play online
Old September 6th, 2019, 12:15 AM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I managed to get a win against Kinseth in our game. Unfortunately, I wasn't really able to use the Makwa Bowhunters because I wanted to get rid of as many Wildwoods as possible. A put a playtest report in the Bow Hunter Playtest Thread.
Old September 6th, 2019, 03:34 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Zetsubo Won.

I was Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount.
He was Beakface Sneaks x7, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptors x3.

No Frenzies. Really bad luck with my dice. I was slaughtered. I'll write a proper review of the match later.
Old September 7th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Leaf_It: Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount.
Zetsubo: Beakface Sneaks x7, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptors x3.

I lead with Venocs, but didn't get any frenzies, and rolled solid 1 out of 3 skulls for all but 3 of their attacks. Zetsubo lead with Interceptors carrying Beakfaces, and then switched to beakfaces. I was able to take out a couple before the venocs all died off, but flocking with interceptors brought him closer to my startzone than I would have liked. I used Nathaniel Blount to attempt to put a wound an Interceptor adjacent to the last venoc, but failed to roll higher than a 1, and was easily blocked. Nathaniel was able to use Support Shot twice, but never ended up hurting anything. Rebel Yell never came up because Nathaniel was swarmed very quickly, and died the turn before I had the chance. The 53rd held up okay at close range, but my attack dice just didn't perform, and they only ended up killing 1 sneak, and wounding 2 different interceptors. Dive bomb, and the Warwitch helped take down the Venoc Warlord, but he managed to kill a couple sneaks, and an interceptor before falling.

Surviving figures: Warwitch (full life), 2 Interceptors, (1 at full life, the other with 1 wound), 9 Sneaks.

My attack dice rolled a skull 33.3% of the time.
My defense dice rolled a shield 35.41% of the time.

My attack dice were significantly below average, while my defense was about average.
Code:
All of my Attack rolls from the match:
0 out of 3 : 2
0 out of 4 : 1
1 out of 2 : 2
1 out of 3 : 7
1 out of 4 : 2
2 out of 3 : 3
2 out of 4 : 4
3 out of 4 : 1
I rolled a total of 72 attack dice.
of those a total of 24 were skulls.

All of my Defense rolls from the match:
0 out of 2 : 2
0 out of 3 : 3
1 out of 3 : 9
2 out of 2 : 1 
2 out of 3 : 3
I rolled a total of 48 defense dice.
of those a total of 17 were shields.

Last edited by Leaf_It; September 7th, 2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old September 8th, 2019, 12:44 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

flameslayer: Acolytic Converter
kevindola: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

flameslayer got the win. Gas grenades hit on all 3 of its first attempts while the game was still in question. The first 2 killing 5 romans. What the 12th weren't able to take down Morgoloth did by destroying figures right and left and absorbing attackings. The interceptor and Bol almost made things interesting but another successful gas grenade ended the Interceptor and Bol only took down a pair of 12th.

gg Flameslayer. Thanks for the game

Last edited by kevindola; September 8th, 2019 at 01:07 AM.
Old September 8th, 2019, 04:10 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Soon

Maklar vs. Dysole about to get started. I have Russians. He has Makwa.

~Dysole, yet to even see one of her armies in a match

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting