Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old August 28th, 2019, 09:26 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 1 until 9/8)

Question: if I Morsbane the Wildwood units, can they become official units because I like them so much? (and I have a similar question with the Makwa Bowhunter)
Old August 28th, 2019, 09:54 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just finished up with dok.

dok's demon army steamrolled my mohicans pretty effectively. Game lasted 4 rounds total.

I moved Brave Arrow up aggressively in Round 1 to try and draw fire, he lasted 3 attacks before dying while standing on one of the 2-height shadow spaces in the middle of the board. I was trying to bring up Mohican's to surround him with, but dok summoned a Skull Demon who jumped on height next to Brave Arrow before I could bring up Mohicans for cover.

Over the first 2 rounds, I picked off 3 Acolytes and another 3 were sacrificed to bring dok's heroes onto the map. Corver was summoned at the beginning of round 2 and killed off most of the rest of my army. ~ 2 Mohicans and 3 or 4 of my Makwa Bowhunters. Corver charged my start zone and I surrounded him with Mohicans to maximize the attack from a heighted Bowhunter, but I don't think it was worth it on the whole. It subjected 4 of my Mohicans to Corver's aura of damage and locked them all down so I couldn't run-n-gun with them like I needed to in order to have a chance of turning it around (would have been slim at best anyways). The one hit from a Makwa landed 2/5 skulls, dealing just one wound to Corver.

Corver and the remaining squad of Acolytes cleaned up the rest of my army in round 4.

gg dok

-------------------

Feelings on the new units we played:

Acolytes - strong, maybe cost a bit too little but it's a tough balancing act given their propensity to die from their own powers. If points are changed, should go up not down.

Corver - very effective in this matchup, partially because of my low defense and lack of attacks higher than 3 (2 after being reduced). Had only 2 lives left at the end, but was never really close to dying (unless the single Makwa attack from boosted height would have gone drastically better, would have needed 4/5 to have a chance to kill him).

Makwa Bowhunter - I think they should be able to get boosted from their own attack (i.e. one Bowhunter on height gets +1 attack for each Bowhunter adjacent to their target). Without this, running more than 1 or 2 (I ran 5 in this matchup) becomes very rough. They could be changed to either hunters or scouts. I also think it fits thematically, since they are theoretically 'hunting' together.
Old August 28th, 2019, 10:41 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I'm having trouble with my computer.

Old August 29th, 2019, 12:52 AM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Finished with Taeblewalker, with me barely winning with a single water elemental and a 3 life Re-Tak-Shi left. I posted a summary in Re-Tak-Shi's playtesting thread.
Old August 30th, 2019, 04:46 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Map: Wyrmwalk
Glyphs: 4 Random Treasure Glyphs from pool of: Heroic Rune - Normal attack +1, Scarab of Invulnerability (temporary), Giant Hunter Stone OR Bracers of Teleportation (temporary), Talisman of Defense – Defense +1

Zetsubo - Army: Capt. Nathaniel Blount, Venoc Warlord, 53rd N. Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Vipers x3 - 475 pts
Sir Heroscape - Army: Beakface Sneaks x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Quorik Warwitch, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein - 470 pts

Which units survived?
Capt. Nathaniel Blount 1 wound (trap), Venoc Warlord full life (stayed in SZ), one 53rd, and one Viper

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Spoiler Alert!

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Support shot came into play 3 times killing a Beakface Sneak, missing a Sneak, and killing off a wounded Clawfoot Interceptor. Rebel Yell was used 3 times as well killing a Sneak and finishing off Rygarn. The attack on the Quorik Warwitch was negated with Flutter so she wasn’t fazed by it. With both of these powers, Capt. Nathaniel Blount was able to take out at least one figure every Order Marker with one each round, except for the first at the start of the game. Support Shot really came in handy to take out lone raptorians engaged with my scouts while he charged other units. Rebel Yell was great against the low defense of the raptorians, but Flutter negated any wounds that could have been given.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
I always felt every OM on him was well worth it, and with an army full of scouts, his support shot was always there when I needed it. The theme of charging in with the famous Rebel Yell and covering his troops with Support Shot felt perfect for a Confederate Captain leading his men into battle. Rebel Yell felt a little strong reducing the defender by 2 defense, but that could be because he used it against already low defense units and always had a rebellious card take a turn before him.

Clawfoot Interceptors-
I was a bit intimidated seeing the 4 units move from Flocking with the Clawfoot Interceptors carrying more Sneaks into the battle, but apart from being troop carriers they never seemed to be in a good position where a turn with them would be better or equal to a turn with any other unit in their army.
Old August 31st, 2019, 10:11 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
The All Your Pie v. kevindola pool of armies is:
* Wet Dry World: Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Fire Elemental x5, Water Elemental x3
* Blue-Green Midrange: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x2, Zetacron
* One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Roman Legion x3, Venoc Warlord, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Clawfoot Interceptor, Bol
* Acolytic Converter: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, 12th Caucasus Rifles x3, Morgoloth
Playing late Saturday (8/31) night at an undefined time yet.

Acolytic Converter (kd) vs. Wet Dry World (AYP)
Time defined as now. (and/or in 20 minutes)

EDIT: And done. Re-Tak-Shi allowed a Splashy pod of doom on the height on this lava field map, and while the 12th killed all stragglers outside of the pod, Kurrok kept respawning them and whenever I did get close with the 12th they would fall to a rogue elemental (and 12th cannot be regened)

The Acolytes fared no better as 3 attacks of 5 kept them from engaging the Water Pod, and even Morgoloth's double attacks were all blocked by the Splashpad's 6 defense.

Last edited by kevindola; September 1st, 2019 at 12:10 AM.
Old September 1st, 2019, 12:45 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Got the win against the Acolyte/Rifles mix.

Point Total: 475
Map: Wyrmwalk
Glyphs: 4 Treasures

AYP - Army: Kurrok, FE x5, WE x3, Re-Tak-Shi
kevindola - Army: 12th Caucases Rifles x3, Acolytes x3, Morgoloth

Which units survived?
Kurrok unwounded, RTS unwounded, 3 Water Elementals.

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
A high roll on Emerge from Swamp let me immediately set up RTS in the middle of the lava hill near my starting zone. I developed the waters towards that hill and the FE towards the roads while kd moved up his rifles. For a few turns, the rifles did a pretty effective job of mowing down the FEs, but I managed to snag a kill on any of them that developed significant board position. I was trading significantly down on point value, but Kurrok was safe and I could continually summon back my elementals whenever I didn't have good attacks to make.

Eventually I got kd down to 2 rifles, and after a potentially strong grenade whiffed he switched OMs to the Acolytes. Here, he was continually hampered in developing a slow-roll due to my water elementals being able to rain 3 attacks of 5 from elevated RTS water and my ability to spawn fire elementals on the road for a suicide run, almost always killing 1 or 2 cultists. He was forced to summon Morgoloth far away because of this, making it very difficult for him to take effective turns with Dark Pact. After 3 cultists died in an attempt to reach my pod, he began putting OMs on Morgoloth solo. He defended reasonably well on the way in and had the scarab of invulnerability for backup, but he couldn't crack 6 defense WEs and didn't get a crucial initiative switch, so Morgoloth fell to a couple volleys of all three WEs attacking from height. After that, RTS emerged from swamp next to a single remaining Rifle and the elementals moved in for the kill.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Emerge from Swamp was used twice, both times presenting a very useful opportunity. The first round I was able to put RTS in an ideal spot without using an OM to get there. Without Emerge, I wouldn't have been able to get quite as effective a position and would have had to spend an OM for it to boot. In the middle rounds, I declined a 12-15 roll that didn't help much. In the final round, I tied up the last 12th Rifle, as kd could have grenaded every unit in my army if he won initiative. It likely wouldn't have changed the outcome of the match, but it might have been crucial if kd still had a few more units remaining.

Swamp Ooze was the crux of my strategy, boosting my water elementals on many occasions (and only once giving them a chance to water tunnel for one extra space). I almost never was able to leverage it effectively against the Rifles due to their range, but all of the 6 or so attacks I made against the Acolytes were boosted, as were all 9 of the attacks on Morgoloth. I believe they also defended 5 times with both the boost from water and elevation, and survived every time.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
I love the theme of both of RTS's abilities, particularly Emerge from Swamp--it's a perfect match for the motion that the figure looks like it's in. Her ability certainly made the water elementals playable here, as they would have had very few good positioning options otherwise. I was quite surprised by how effective the combination was, and I enjoyed it a lot purely because I think the premise for the army is very silly--it is otherwise a very slow, turtly build which I don't normally enjoy.

Arguably, it could be seen as a negative that RTS opens up such a build, although I'm just glad to have a reason to use something besides just FEs with Kurrok. It could also be seen as a thematic failing that this build is fairly effective, possibly moreso than RTS and Drudge. I personally don't mind strange combinations working out effectively, though, so I wouldn't count that as a point against her.

A small note on the 12th Rifles, it felt odd to me that Gas Grenade reduces defense dice for the purposes of defending against the grenade itself. That does make rolling a skull on it an auto-kill against anything with 2 defense or less, and gives it decent odds against 3 or 4 dice as well. I don't think it's unthematic, as that gas historically was nasty stuff, but there are times where it's almost as strong as a standard explosion SA in and of itself, while also backed up by 2 decent attacks. I really like the basic idea of the implementation though, so the only thing I might change would be to make the Gas not lower defense against the 1 skull you roll to activate it. But, it's up to y'all if that critique bears out in the rest of the tests.

Overall, this was a really fun game and I enjoyed all of the units involved. Looking forward to the rest of the event!
Old September 2nd, 2019, 08:43 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Booting up my computer, vegie and I are about to start.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 2nd, 2019 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Nothing like using a fossil to play Scape
Old September 2nd, 2019, 10:23 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I got the win vs. flameslayer. I had my Demons and he had his Rebels. I opened with Krav and picked off a Capuan and he rushed me with the Capuans. Things turned into a bit off a mess outside my startzone but eventually Corvor came in and started clearing things out. He and the Acolytes killed a few Capuans, then Corvor disengaged from Prixus to fly at the rebel startzone and take height on the Sharpshooters. He tied them up and they could barely even threaten to do damage with no Crackshot and his -1 attack power. He used his D20 power and attack to clear out while the Acolytes cleaned up Crixus and a few other squad figures. Nathaniel Blount died in the startzone to Corvor normal attacks and didn't use any of his powers.

Right now I think Corvor and the Acolytes are really strong. It feels like Greenscales and a Dragon except you want to stay away from your dragon instead of being close to it, which is a slight advantage as being able to spread is great. Also the dragon has a built in incredible survivability booster (the -1 attack power). Also you don't lose anything when your dragon dies so you don't have to worry as much about him dying. They can blow themselves up frequently and Corvor can kill them too (what's nice is you can never do both on the same turn) but honestly it doesn't feel like it matters because Acolytes are so cheap. IMO the proper dial to turn is tuning down Corvor as it would be nice to see the Acolytes playable with the existing Demons.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 01:22 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The last game for Round 1 is scheduled for tomorrow, so get your reports in for your games if you haven’t already! Hopefully we’ll roll out round 2 in the next few days.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 12:03 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Vegie did a solid job describing our game, and I’m a bit on a time crunch.

Blount only got 2 OMs (when I had basically lost), and only got to use 1 of them I believe. This may not have been his best army, and it doesn’t help that the Demon Cult is easily stronger attacks per turn wise than my army. I can’t say if he was worth the 70 points here, but again, he got 1 turn. Tossing more OMs on him likely wouldn’t help either.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 02:07 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2019 C3V Playtest Tournament (Round 2 until 9/15)

Round 2 is on Grounds of Ashra (Xipta, Dagmar).

The Toogwick_Tuk (1-0) v. Kinseth (1-0) pool of armies is:
* : Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Water Elementals x9
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
* All your Hatred belongs to us: Acolytes of Vorganund x5, Skull Demon x3
* Are we in New Jersey yet?: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x1, Wildwood Runner x5
Toogwick_Tuk chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Kinseth chooses who places first.

The All Your Pie (1-0) v. vegietarian18 (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Wet Dry World: Kurrok the Elementalist, Re-Tak-Shi, Fire Elemental x5, Water Elemental x3
* Blue-Green Midrange: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x2, Zetacron
* : Beakface Sneaks x4, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Eltahale
* : Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Krav Maga Agents
vegietarian18 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, All Your Pie chooses who places first.

The Dysole (1-0) v. Maklar the Silver Prince (1-0) pool of armies is:
* If at Firs, You Don't Sucseed...: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Isamu
* ...Tribe, Tribe Again: Mohican River Tribe x3, Teeth of the Makwa x2, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow
* : Teeth of Makwa x5, Makwa Bowhunter x5
* : deathreavers x2, 12th Caucasus Rifles x4, Augamo
Dysole chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Maklar the Silver Prince chooses who places first.

The Heroscaper Guy (1-0) v. dok (1-0) pool of armies is:
* hey demons, it's me ya boi: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Skull demon, Siiv
* grey and black 2.0: Capt Nathaniel Blount, Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior, 53rd north carolina sharpshooters x5
* Dances with Gryphillins: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x1, Brave Arrow, Capt. Nathaniel Blount, Theracus, Bol
* Out of Bounds!: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, Skull Demon x2, Corvor the Tainted One, Drow Chainfighter x1
Heroscaper Guy chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.

The Zetsubo (1-0) v. Leaf_It (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Tree People: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3, Bol
* Snipers and Vipers: Venoc Vipers x3, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Warlord, Capt. Nathaniel Blount
* Wild Would: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x2, Wildwood Runner x3
* Birdothers From Another Mother: Beakface Sneaks x7, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptors x3
Leaf_It chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Zetsubo chooses who places first.

The Sir Heroscape (0-1) v. Chris Perkins (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Berserk Birdmen: Beakface Sneaks x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Quorik Warwitch, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
* Blood and Tears: Acolytes of Vorganund x5, Morgoloth, Skull Demon
* Are the Drudge Playable Now? : Marro Drudge x5, Re-Tak-Shi, Tul-Bak-Ra, Isamu
* D20 > Defense Dice ?: Mohican River Tribe x4, Makwa Bowhunter x5, Brave Arrow, Marcu Esenwein
Chris Perkins chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Sir Heroscape chooses who places first.

The kevindola (0-1) v. flameslayer93 (0-1) pool of armies is:
* One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Roman Legion x3, Venoc Warlord, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Clawfoot Interceptor, Bol
* Acolytic Converter: Acolytes of Vorganund x3, 12th Caucasus Rifles x3, Morgoloth
* The Rebellious Order Marker: Capuan Gladiatros x2, 53rd North Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Priscus, Capt Nathaniel Blount
* Red Dwarf: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Shieldsmiths x3, Concan, Air Elemental
flameslayer93 chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who places first.

The Taeblewalker (0-1) v. Flash_19 (0-1) pool of armies is:
* : Marro Drudge x3, Othkurik, Re-Tak-Shi, Iskra Esenwein, Rechets of Bogdan
* : Mohican River Tribe x3, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow, Raelin (SotM), Marcu Esenwein
* : 12th Caucasus Rifles x3, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Siiv
* : Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Van Nessing
Taeblewalker chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Flash_19 chooses who places first.

The superfrog (0-1) v. AgentWard (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Goliath's Goblin Grenades: 12th Caucasus x4, Goblin Cutters x3, Eltahale
* Swamp Two Ways: Marro Drudge x3, Durgeth Ravagers x2, Re-Tak-Shi, Uzog
* : 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu
* : Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x3
AgentWard chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting