Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old January 24th, 2019, 04:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Welcome to the C3V Public Playtesting Forum - READ FIRST

Are you enjoying seeing previews of our upcoming releases? Good!

Unfortunately, we aren't seeing many tests come in. We'd love to keep up this current arrangement, but it's not paying off on our end right now.

So.

Please run a game or two with a unit that looks fun or interesting. Give some feedback based on those games. We consider every test and report strongly.

The more tests that get run, the closer we get to releasing the figures in here, and to putting new designs here for you to help us refine.

If you want to play against a real person, consider testing online. Just post in the thread that you're looking to play a game. Otherwise, solo tests work fine.

Also, don't feel the need to use a specific map, or a 500-point game. Just use what's easiest for you, and let us know what you used. I often test around 300-400 points, because they go faster. Mosts test take around 20-30 minutes for me.

Thanks!
Old January 24th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I know for me lately I’ve struggled to be motivated because of the issues with the online app, and that’s where I do a majority of my testing. Games take so long now with all the lag between rolls etc. Any idea when (or if) Xorolof is working on it? I’d consider it a priority since so many of us are involved in using that app for testing and online tournaments etc. (and I love playing with friends across the states who I otherwise wouldn’t be able to)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 24th, 2019, 04:28 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I know for me lately I’ve struggled to be motivated because of the issues with the online app, and that’s where I do a majority of my testing. Games take so long now with all the lag between rolls etc. Any idea when (or if) Xorolof is working on it? I’d consider it a priority since so many of us are involved in using that app for testing and online tournaments etc. (and I love playing with friends across the states who I otherwise wouldn’t be able to)
Last I heard (about 2 days ago), that's going to be moved sometime this weekend.

Has that been an obstacle for others as well?
Old January 24th, 2019, 05:44 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I can't speak for anyone else, but I began another semester of school recently and have been wrapped up in trying to get everything settled. I'm still planning on running a monthly HeroScape night with my friends starting next month, so I'll try to encourage people to begin taking some C3V playtesting units once I get that sorted out.

I probably won't be putting in any other tests for a good while, though, whether for my own units or C3V. I'd love to help more, but I simply don't have enough time right now.

I never use the online app, though. I always either do testing with a physical map or on Tabletop Simulator, neither of which is as easy to set up as I would like.

Edit: I see that Breach has been removed. Is he no longer in this phase? I own Talingul and the other Constructs, so I'm pretty sure I could convince someone to take him if he's in need of tests as well.
Old January 24th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Last I heard (about 2 days ago), that's going to be moved sometime this weekend.

I haven't tried online for almost a month. The last time I did, there were multiple points where the app froze for over a minute, and I wasn't sure if the other player had left, or if I had lost connection because nothing was responding.
Old January 24th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't tried online for almost a month. The last time I did, there were multiple points where the app froze for over a minute, and I wasn't sure if the other player had left, or if I had lost connection because nothing was responding.
Similar experience. I also did a lot of solo-testing online because it was easy to set up and do a quick game or scenario between classes/homework at school.

That said, I do have a couple of tests I got in last week I'm meaning to get up, hopefully by tomorrow night.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old January 24th, 2019, 08:22 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Sadly, @LoveElemental and I haven’t had much time for playtesting lately. We did play a scenario game with the Russian Gunners, but we’ve just been slammed by real life. I can try to post that experience if you’d like.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 24th, 2019, 10:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

Thanks for checking in, everybody!

I'm encouraged that you all are still interested in helping when you can. I know life gets in the way, and I know the online app hasn't helped recently.

You're all the best.
Old January 30th, 2019, 07:27 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I just finished setting up a playtesting night with my group later this month. I don't know how many people will be able to make it (or what units they'll take), but I'm sure that we'll be able to get some games in and reports posted after that night.
Old January 31st, 2019, 12:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I just finished setting up a playtesting night with my group later this month. I don't know how many people will be able to make it (or what units they'll take), but I'm sure that we'll be able to get some games in and reports posted after that night.
Sounds fantastic!

Could you make sure you put Morgan's Riflemen on your list? I think the new version is playing much better, but I'd appreciate some feedback on them specifically (since you gave helpful feedback on the earlier version).
Old January 31st, 2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Sounds fantastic!

Could you make sure you put Morgan's Riflemen on your list? I think the new version is playing much better, but I'd appreciate some feedback on them specifically (since you gave helpful feedback on the earlier version).
@Angi was already planning on taking them, but if she doesn't, then I'll make sure to take them myself. I've been meaning to test out their new version, so I'll be sure that they're included in the tests, though.

Is there a specific build that would be most helpful for tests? I know that they perform best with knights, but I think that she was considering taking them with other units instead.
Old January 31st, 2019, 12:55 PM
This is merely a joke.

Any build is fine. They're also a good cleanup squad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting