Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old January 30th, 2018, 04:18 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Welcome to the C3V Public Playtesting Forum - READ FIRST

Welcome to the C3V playtesting forum!

In this forum, you are encouraged to post summaries of games you have while using the playtesting units. Some instructions:
  • Check the first post of each thread for the latest version of the unit in playtesting. Units may be adjusted/updated, so double check on a unit before playtesting with it if it's been a while.

• After playing your game, post a report in that unit's thread. You are encouraged to use the submission form in the first post of that thread, although you may simply post in the thread if you prefer.

• That's it! Enjoy your games and thanks for helping develop new C3V units.
Note that this forum is heavily moderated. The only threads allowed in this forum are the design threads. Discussion in those threads should be limited to playtesting feedback. Try to avoid off-topic discussions or speculative design suggestions.

Thanks for reading and thanks again for being part of the project.
Old January 30th, 2018, 04:43 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Welcome to the C3V Public Playtesting Forum - READ FIRST

Excellent idea. This will make things so much easier/quicker for playtesting reports.
Old January 30th, 2018, 08:51 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Great idea. I have often felt my submissions for reports get sucked into a void and the outcome notched onto a results tab, so it will be nice if there is a place to publicly post the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Try to avoid off-topic discussions or speculative design suggestions.
Could you expand a bit on this? Within the context of postgame discussion with individuals I have playtested with the conversation will certainly veer towards tweaks of the design we played to fix personally perceived gaps or fixes. Is feedback like 'the design felt about 10 points too expensive' or 'the figure needs more attack to be balanced' not welcome in this thread? Just curious about what is meant by speculative design suggestions.

Will the thread be a back and forth between the public playtesters and the C3V team?

Will a playtester be allowed to ask another playtester questions within the thread and give feedback about the game or is that outside of the parameters of what these new threads are meant to be?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
Old January 30th, 2018, 09:19 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Is feedback like 'the design felt about 10 points too expensive' or 'the figure needs more attack to be balanced' not welcome in this thread? Just curious about what is meant by speculative design suggestions.
Feedback like in your examples is fine. "Speculative design suggestions" is more like, "Hey, my group thinks this unit should have a power like X."

Quote:
Will the thread be a back and forth between the public playtesters and the C3V team?
Anyone in C3V can post in here, but I imagine the members of the Playtesting Department will be doing more responding than others.

Quote:
Will a playtester be allowed to ask another playtester questions within the thread and give feedback about the game or is that outside of the parameters of what these new threads are meant to be?
You mean, can you talk to each other in here? As long as it stays on topic, I don't see why not.
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:17 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Talk to each other I guess. Sure. But it’s important that testing is independent, and we aren’t workshopping designs in this space.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 16th, 2018, 11:45 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Suggestion that I believe would be helpful for playtesters.

Would it be possible to put a list of synergies offered to/by any units that are being playtested? (or at least bonding options) I think it would help streamline army construction during playtesting.
Old February 24th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Suggestion that I believe would be helpful for playtesters.

Would it be possible to put a list of synergies offered to/by any units that are being playtested? (or at least bonding options) I think it would help streamline army construction during playtesting.
Oooo. I agree! Especially because we're holding a C3V Playtesting tournament next month, and that would be helpful for players when constructing armies.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 28th, 2018, 10:38 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

I noticed in the GoogleDocs-looking section where one is to report one's test results, there are 16 units to choose from. But I only see a dozen units available for playtesting. What am I missing?

EDIT: Marutuk is also missing from the GoogleDocs-looking section as a selection.

Last edited by The Dewk; February 28th, 2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old March 1st, 2018, 02:12 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewk View Post
I noticed in the GoogleDocs-looking section where one is to report one's test results, there are 16 units to choose from. But I only see a dozen units available for playtesting. What am I missing?

EDIT: Marutuk is also missing from the GoogleDocs-looking section as a selection.
Someone in the playtesting department may correct me, but as far as I know, most of those other units were in the public playtesting forum that preceded this one (a private forum that anyone could join). Not all of them were put into this forum to keep focus on a smaller amount at a time (and a couple may have passed playtesting or been pulled back for revision).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 1st, 2018, 02:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Post your Playtesting reports right there in the threads. That's it. No Google Docs necessary anymore.

= =
Old March 1st, 2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Post your Playtesting reports right there in the threads. That's it. No Google Docs necessary anymore.
Easy enough. I guess that means Breach, Gen. Simon Frasier, Makwa Tribesman, Millerson, and Valingul just aren't ready for testing (or are past that stage) then?
Old March 1st, 2018, 02:20 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Anything in this subforum is fair game. If it's here, have at it, and let us know what you think!

If it's not here, MYOB.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting