Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old June 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV

Yesterday I picked up an achievement I thought I would never get: Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie.

It happened so fast (it was my first kill on the map) that I did not even get to see the user tag of the person as I fought off other attackers. Still, it is cool to see that the developers (or people using their accounts) are floating around out there for the killing!
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM

naps420 Woo who?

It's a viral achievement now. If you kill someone who has it, you get it. It's been online for about 2 weeks or so now. Once you have it, go into player model and press LB, this will change you into the Zombie Skin (All you wear is a yellow rockstar speedo, and then you can change glasses/hats).
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:31 PM

naps420 Woo who?

I forgot, anywhere here into playing party mode? I am always up for some ranked matches with a group of people i know (or somewhat know lol). Chances are, if I am online, I am up for ranked matches. I know a few guys I normally party up with, but as of late, most of them have been off playing other games (mostly CoD4 it seems).
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by naps420 View Post
It's a viral achievement now. If you kill someone who has it, you get it. It's been online for about 2 weeks or so now. Once you have it, go into player model and press LB, this will change you into the Zombie Skin (All you wear is a yellow rockstar speedo, and then you can change glasses/hats).
Ah, that explains it. I was finishing the story mode in the game and have not been in multi-player for a while. I guess I better get online and let some players do some zombie hunting.
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:43 PM

naps420 Woo who?

Yeah, I keep telling myself "I am gonna beat the game now" yet I keep spending all my time in multi-player. I am almost rank 7 now and got 500,000+ in cash from just Team Deathmatch. I am pretty happy though, after checking the leader board, I am currently ranked 213 in ranked team deathmatch in the overall category.
Old June 9th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by naps420 View Post
Yeah, I keep telling myself "I am gonna beat the game now" yet I keep spending all my time in multi-player. I am almost rank 7 now and got 500,000+ in cash from just Team Deathmatch. I am pretty happy though, after checking the leader board, I am currently ranked 213 in ranked team deathmatch in the overall category.
You're a beast! You're genetically different!

I think you'd murder me and then some. I topped off at Rank 4 so far and I think a lot of that was mucking about in Bomb the Base and other Co-op modes.

The stuff that goes on in the GTA races is some of the funniest multi-player gaming I have ever seen, but I can't make any money at it.

I'll probably get back into the multi-player soon. I need to wrap up the most wanted missions and some other loose ends in the game. I'd like to do the stunt jumps. I'm not sure if I'm hunting all of those pigeons down, though (even with a map). I have Lost Planet Colonies coming in and the multi-player from that title's demo hooked me. I'm sure that will be tempting me away from GTA some.

Overall the story mode was entertaining, but it does get repetitive in parts. No matter what goes on, you feel like a glorified errand boy in this game, albeit one with a penchant for murder. At least there are some missions that mix things up, give you access to buildings, etc. For a character that does everything for money you would think there would be more to spend it on like in Vice City. You get story hints that his money helps Roman with his business, but they never dock your money for anything like that, etc.

I saw some recent info on Saints Row 2 and even though I had no interest in the first one, the second one looks like it is going to have a lot of features I thought a next gen GTA would have like complete character customization, more weapon choices, and more fun activities.
Bowling, pool and darts did not thrill me.
Old June 10th, 2008, 03:32 AM

naps420 Woo who?

I love GTA Racing! Some of the best games I've been part in, have happen in this style of a game.

Once we were having a 16 player race, in supercars (go figure, seems all that is ever used anymore), playing the "Stars in your eyes" track (Which is a figure 8 track through Star Junction (Which is Time Square in NYC). There are always buses parked up and down the roads here. 4 guys, right as we started, all rushed out and grabbed one. With 4 buses now being used, they proceeded to block the road ways. Two of them would basically drive back and forth, making it so there was a moving gap you'd have to drive through to make it through....or slam into a bus. Next block up, the other two were doing the same thing. It was actually very hilarious....some people were yelling at them, getting very upset...think one guy left, but most of us were laughing hard.

Another good track to play, Horse Punch. It's another figure 8 style track, this one tacks you around and through Middle Park (Central Park in NYC). It's fun to start massive pile-ups of wrecked vehicles on the bridge that everyone has to cross twice to get to the finish.

Free Race can also be pretty interesting. Everyone starts on foot at point 1 and has to go to point 2, how you get there is up to you. Weapons are placed all over the city, same locations as a normal deathmatch with all weapons. It's pretty funny to see a small group fist fighting right at the start, or someone making a mad dash to the nearest gun to try and gain a couple kills (Usually me if I can help it hehe). Cannonball Run, which is basically this same concept, only with check points throughout the city, is also really fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games