Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Would you still love HS if you had to paint your own min

I never would have started if it was unpainted. But, now that I have it, I find that I am re-painting a lot of my figures. Painting them now wouldn't be a problem for me (they'd look horrible though ) but when I first saw the game, it would have been.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:14 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Storage would be an issue for me. I barely have the room for the terrain. If couldn't store painted minis like I do Heroscape figures, they get tossed into a plastic storage container without worry about ruining the paint job, then I wouldn't want them.

Then again, I don't play any other miniature game.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

I would have played it with my cousin the one time, and never bought a set. I don't have the time to do a good paint job nor do I have the skills necessary to do more than the occasional repaint.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:20 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I'd probably lose interest in Heroscape if the figures came unpainted. I've never been a hobbyist of that sort.

Though, if they were to release unpainted mini's with blank cards to encourage players to create customized characters, I would have no objection to that. Just so long as they continued doing the official, play-tested figures the same as they always have...
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:37 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

If the figures were unpainted I'd never have considered trying heroscape in the first place. I highly dislike having to paint my own figures. I lack the patience and skill.

Long live Heroscape.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

No painting skill here either. I barely have time to play 'Scape let alone paint miniatures. (Although I have considered making a dice tower out of individually cast plaster bricks.) If they stopped painting figures tomorrow I might still buy them but I'd be playing with an all beige/white army.

If you like to paint your minis, you still can. I'm mean that's what customs are all about, right?

Last edited by AliasQTip; January 22nd, 2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I would still love them and have some sick paint schemes.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:11 PM

PlasmaScaper 2.0 is surprisingly tart

I'd switch to D&D minis.

Fortunately, it's very likely not going to happen.

Posts by me are rare occasions. I mostly hang around other places these days, but I come here every once in a while.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:19 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
However with production cost and availibility pipelines.
Would you still love HS if you had to buy unpainted minis?

I think for HS I would be willing. Hasbro and WOTC have carried the burden long enough and I would be willing to convert.
I would still love my current painted collection, but unpainted figs would mark the end of my buying anything new.

There is no way Hasbro would do this, so the question is moot. This is a game targeted at 8 year old, and most 8 year olds are not going to be painting miniatures. It was the painted minis that was the original big selling point. Remember the packaging? What was the one thing they wanted to make sure people saw? One of the painted figs!

I don't view pre-painted figs as Hasbro "carrying the load" any more than preprinted counters is GMT "carrying the load." Heroscape without pre-painted minis is no longer Heroscape. Painting my own exclusives is bad enough.
WotC would.

And they shifted the audience, remember? Now, it's a game sold in FLGS that have customers in their upper teens.

The game was designed for eight year olds, but now, it is designed for teens.

And as far as I know, we have no people younger than 10 in the Hangout.

And, I would still buy the figures, but I'd play with them blank.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:31 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
WotC would.

And they shifted the audience, remember? Now, it's a game sold in FLGS that have customers in their upper teens.

The game was designed for eight year olds, but now, it is designed for teens.

And as far as I know, we have no people younger than 10 in the Hangout.
I was thinking/worrying about the same thing, but since WotC releases prepainted minis for D&D, I very much doubt they'll go the unpainted plastic route.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I probably wouldn't have gotten into it. I have some crappily painted Eldar in my basement from when I was 12 and played Warhammer 40K. It was a neat hobby, but it's not as fun a game as Heroscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:46 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Definitely would not have even tried it. I've been a CCG player for most of my life. Heroscape filled that void with some that could be played out of the package with my friends and my 7 year old son, and it was collectible. The best of all worlds.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion