Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 20th, 2022, 09:30 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Will the new cards have painted minis or will they be unpainted?
Unpainted, lots of sources for that info
Old August 20th, 2022, 09:32 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Quote:
It was worded a bit unclearly but I think they mean will the mini be painted in the picture on the Army Card?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 20th, 2022, 09:48 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
Quote:
It was worded a bit unclearly but I think they mean will the mini be painted in the picture on the Army Card?

Oh, I see. That we don't know the answer to.
Old August 24th, 2022, 12:53 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually have a real question now

Are there any plans to introduce new terrain shapes? Traditionally, all the maps we make are designed around the 24, 7, 3, 2, and 1 hex pieces. These shapes have an effect on the structure of the maps and they've been predominantly all we have used since the beginning of the game. We did get some new combinations like the bridge piece in RttFF and the two larger road pieces in the castle set, but because most players have so few of them and they are only a single terrain type, their inclusion had a small impact on map design overall. I think it would be interesting if we started seeing 16 hex pieces as a common shape for grass, rock, and sand because it's inclusion would fundamentally change map shapes since it's a solid piece that can't be decomposed. If ROTV had instead included 30, 16, 5, and 1 hex pieces I'd imagine we'd have very different builds than we do now because it would force people to think differently.

Old August 26th, 2022, 12:19 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post

Are there any plans to introduce new terrain shapes? Traditionally, all the maps we make are designed around the 24, 7, 3, 2, and 1 hex pieces. These shapes have an effect on the structure of the maps and they've been predominantly all we have used since the beginning of the game. We did get some new combinations like the bridge piece in RttFF and the two larger road pieces in the castle set, but because most players have so few of them and they are only a single terrain type, their inclusion had a small impact on map design overall. I think it would be interesting if we started seeing 16 hex pieces as a common shape for grass, rock, and sand because it's inclusion would fundamentally change map shapes since it's a solid piece that can't be decomposed. If ROTV had instead included 30, 16, 5, and 1 hex pieces I'd imagine we'd have very different builds than we do now because it would force people to think differently.

New hex pieces would be nice. I like the 16 hex one above. I've often wanted a mirror image 24 hex to the one offered in master sets.

Also, is there is any thought to making large area flat hex surfaces? If there is, it would be nice to have them made of flexible plastic or mousepad material or some such. The Arena of the Planeswalkers puzzle cardboard mats warp. I still have and use my lexan water hex mat that someone created some time ago. It would be nice to build on a large shadow or lava base (or who knows what other kind of terrain you guys have planned).

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old August 26th, 2022, 01:20 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I have that Lexan water map also, and several sets of AOTP that I haven't used enough to have the mats warp (unless they've done so in their boxes unseen). Come to think of it, the new Mages and Familiars have a certain similarity to the Planeswalker forces. We've combined them with regular Scape a few times, but haven't used them in a while. Perhaps they'd make good Age of Annihilation proxies.
Old August 26th, 2022, 01:47 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Somehow I missed the announcement. Craig, many thanks, and thanks to the rest of the crew as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old August 29th, 2022, 10:16 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post

New hex pieces would be nice. I like the 16 hex one above. I've often wanted a mirror image 24 hex to the one offered in master sets.

Also, is there is any thought to making large area flat hex surfaces? If there is, it would be nice to have them made of flexible plastic or mousepad material or some such. The Arena of the Planeswalkers puzzle cardboard mats warp. I still have and use my lexan water hex mat that someone created some time ago. It would be nice to build on a large shadow or lava base (or who knows what other kind of terrain you guys have planned).
Mirrored 24 hex would be cool
Old September 18th, 2022, 12:46 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
@Craig Van Ness , you probably can't or don't know the answer to this. but is distribution to other countries (my particular concern is Australia) going to be better than the past expansions & booster releases? We seem to have gotten RotV distributed well enough but after that the availability of the following releases was sparse & sporadic.
I do not know the answer to this question, but I will try to get an answer.
Old September 18th, 2022, 01:38 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Craig,

We haven't met, but Jeff was here to Scape with a bunch of us back before the Pandemic, and have us play a prototype of Shifting Realms. If you are ever in NYC, come play Age of Annihilation with us. You'll get to see plenty of the Customs here too in full flower, and we can see how they all will mix together!
Old September 18th, 2022, 05:49 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
@Craig Van Ness , will there be any changes to the genres in HS2.0? For example: historical, fantasy, sci-fi, D&D, horror, among others? One of my favorite things about Heroscape is that it brought every genre to battle.

Also, is there any chance that the Marvel (maybe even DC), or other licensed properties could make a return to the game. Maybe we could see Marvel wave 1 finally hit store shelves?
Heroscape will continue to be a mix of everything. If all goes well, we will keep all our options on the table, including licensed product
Old September 18th, 2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
The new cards will have a color image of the figure(s)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion