Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 14th, 2022, 12:29 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Spider-Man (Peter Benjamin Parker) - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That wouldn't be the worst addition. You could also go with Web Swing instead of Swing Line and put a Spider-verse tag on Ultimate Sacrifice.
Why would you need a Spider-Verse tag there? All the powers also call out Web Swing.
Old August 14th, 2022, 12:49 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
That wouldn't be the worst addition. You could also go with Web Swing instead of Swing Line and put a Spider-verse tag on Ultimate Sacrifice.
I'm not opposed to Web Swing, but I'd rather see Swing Line. Swing Line was introduced as a way to make the character a more "active" player on his turns, rather than just being something you play for the passives. I don't feel like Web Swing solves this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Why would you need a Spider-Verse tag there? All the powers also call out Web Swing.
Good callout. Thank you!
Old August 14th, 2022, 08:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Quote:
I'm not opposed to Web Swing, but I'd rather see Swing Line. Swing Line was introduced as a way to make the character a more "active" player on his turns, rather than just being something you play for the passives. I don't feel like Web Swing solves this issue.
Swing Line predates Web Swing. I'm not sure what you mean by "more active" here. Web Swing just gives you more movement flexibility and little moves, which is a lot like Spider Agility, just without a double attack.

Oh, did you mean *Spider Agility* was there to make him more active and a change to a little bit more involved of a movement power isn't enough?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 14th, 2022, 11:29 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Quote:
Swing Line predates Web Swing. I'm not sure what you mean by "more active" here. Web Swing just gives you more movement flexibility and little moves, which is a lot like Spider Agility, just without a double attack.

Oh, did you mean *Spider Agility* was there to make him more active and a change to a little bit more involved of a movement power isn't enough?
I'm sorry, I got mixed up here and had confused Swing Line with Spider-Agility.
Old August 14th, 2022, 11:30 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess if we're going with "amateur" Spidey, then Spider-Agility feels off?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 14th, 2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I guess if we're going with "amateur" Spidey, then Spider-Agility feels off?
Miles and Ghost Spider have similar levels of experience, no?

I'll try to think of an alternative.
Old August 14th, 2022, 12:22 PM

I don't honestly know. This guy in general isn't an area of expertise for me. Just trying to fill the vacuum of feedback a little if I can.

In general I don't *love* four power cards, but I understand wanting something to give him more to do on his turn.

Is "Go the Distance" really that thematic for him?

Old August 15th, 2022, 12:18 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like Go The Distance to keep him from being 'different flavor Jocasta.'

Maybe something like this in place of Swing Line?
Quote:
SPIDER-VERSE: WEB CONTROL
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may choose himself or a figure within 4 clear sight spaces and move them up to 2 spaces, during which it has the Flying special power and does not take leaving engagement attacks. After using Web Control, you may use it one additional time, but you may not choose the same figure, other than Spider-Man more than once per turn.
Web Control is a bad name and wording could probably be massaged, but I hope the idea comes across. Moving enemy figures around is hardly something new for a Spidey, but moving friendlies around easily could be useful.

Alternatively, maybe we could use Skin Of His Teeth instead of Go The Distance?
Quote:
SKIN OF HIS TEETH
Once per round, if Spider-Man would be destroyed by receiving wounds, you may instead remove an unrevealed Order Marker from this card. If you do, you must place or remove Wound Markers until he has 1 Life remaining.
Very much a similar thing, but requiring an OM on him might encourage him to be more active at times?

I still don't mind Spider-Agility either, fwiw.
Old August 15th, 2022, 07:54 AM

Skin of his Teeth does feel very “young, in over his head” Spidey.

Old August 15th, 2022, 08:02 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Spider-Agility only really works as a power if he has Swing Line, if you switch out Swing Line you'll need to drop Agility.
Old August 15th, 2022, 10:03 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Can the SP get updated with where you are at right now? Been a few suggestions here so hard to tell where you are right now. Generally like what it seems like the direction is as far as leaning him more active is. Especially dig the Skin of His Teeth direction, but might want to ping @Lord Pyre to ask if adding an Order Marker requirement here might hurt his Spider-Verse pull.
Old August 15th, 2022, 04:05 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Sorry about the delay, haven't had a ton of brainpower lately.

If you want to have a passive Spidey, might as well let him be a passive Spidey. I do worry a bit about the stacking of Ultimate Sacrifice, Go the Distance, and Pavitr's life saving gadgets, but I'm sure that's not the worst thing we have in this game and they're also lacking in offensive power.

If you want to force OMs on his card to try to get him used, Skin of his Teeth seems cool. For Spider-Verse synergies, Otto doesn't like others having OMs, so you'd be pushing him into more of a Spider-UK build, which is probably totally fine, just something to note. Another option is to combine the OM ideas here into a big ol' spider-life-saving-slushie.

Quote:
ULTIMATE SACRIFICE
If a friendly figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man would receive on or more wounds from an opponents normal attack, you may remove one unrevealed Order Marker from this card, and Spider-Man may use his Swing Line 4 special power. If he ends this movement adjacent to the defending figure, Spider-Man must receives those wounds instead of the defending figure.

Also nerfs it a tad in other generalist builds. Spider-Verse doesn't care about the "X" marker outside of Anti-Venom's healing, so you'd always have at least one OM on him to burn.

If you want an active combat power, I'd hit the same theme maybe to pair nicely with Sacrifice?

Quote:
POWER AND RESPONSIBILITY
When a figure you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man receives one or more wounds from an enemy figure's attack, once during your next player turn, you may add 2 to his Attack number while attacking that figure.
That way you get the choice as a player, do the right thing and save your friend, or miss out and have to avenge Uncle Ben instead. Obviously there's not much room for anything else (I definitely would want to keep Swing Line), but it sounds like it might be fun to play.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library