Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 14th, 2012, 11:13 PM

deadpool1234 Woo who?
Gencon teams

Hi fellow heroscape fans, I am brand new to this game. i was just wondering what pieces are used to win gencon every year. My friend has quite a few and i didnt realize how expensive this game is. I want to buy the most competitive figures so i stand a chance against him. Thank you so much.
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gencon teams

Strictly competitive? Look at the (un)official power Heroscapers.com power rankings list.
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:56 AM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Hello, Deadpool1234, and welcome to the site!

Mr. Migraine has already directed you to the power rankings lists, which is a good place to start seeking out competitive units. Here are the Gencon 2011 Results. There are many different formats, but I suspect the armies under Championship Day 1 are what you are seeking. The metagame today hovers around 500 point games; that's the point total at which the power rankings are determined.

If you really want to beat your friend, Deathreavers + Raelin + Range is very strong (and annoying) if played correctly. But you don't need to have the strongest units to enjoy 'scape. If you know how to play a unit, it can be quite competitive in casual games. Check out the Unit Strategy Reviews. Also, if you are looking to buy more Heroscape, Auggie's Games is the best place to look. Wave 1, D1, D2, and D-3 all are cheap and have competitive units. Good luck!

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:41 AM

deadpool1234 Woo who?

thankyou guys so much
Old July 16th, 2012, 12:36 PM

Dwarvenwarrior123 is surprisingly tart

I would try to get the 10th regiment of foot (wave and the Phantom Knights (wave 11 or D1 if you prefer) both are fairly compitive and easy to come by as both are good stan alone units you don't need to get much to make them tourment ready combining the 10th with Brunak and Marcus Decimus Gallues is a effective strategy and since you have the SotM THe Pks go well with stingers! Ps welcome to the site!

DW~

Old July 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarvenwarrior123 View Post
I would try to get the 10th regiment of foot (wave and the Phantom Knights (wave 11 or D1 if you prefer) both are fairly compitive and easy to come by as both are good stan alone units you don't need to get much to make them tourment ready combining the 10th with Brunak and Marcus Decimus Gallues is a effective strategy and since you have the SotM THe Pks go well with stingers! Ps welcome to the site!

DW~
On a related note, 10th Regiment and Phantom Knights will absolutely destroy anything and everything if they're used as the primary components of a two-person team. I'd take them against almost anything, if you ever feel like playing with your friend.
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

From a $$ perspective, seven squads of stingers is the cheapest path to a highly competitive army.
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:37 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
From a $$ perspective, seven squads of stingers is the cheapest path to a highly competitive army.
Well met!

Tor-Kul-Na and a bunch of Nagrubs come in the SotM, too.

Next Generation

Old July 16th, 2012, 01:38 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Well met!

Yeah, but nobody can win anything with those guys.

Last edited by dok; July 16th, 2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Seriously, though, you can get 7 squads of stingers for $28, shipping included, on Auggie's.
Old July 17th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Well met!

Yeah, but nobody can win anything with those guys.

In all seriousness, here's a few general rules:
Always bring Raelin(RotV)
Have a good ranged component 95% of the time.
Don't bring any figures that are below a B in the (un)official power rankings previously linked to in this thread.
You should be set my friend.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion