Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Closed Thread

Old September 21st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Lord of the Rings 'Scape Project; PM me if interested

It's in the works guys.
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:35 PM
HoSSpitable little wookiee (apparently "wookiee" has 2 E's, who knew?)

heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun heroscaper2010 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
It's in the works guys.
I third that. I'd like to help in this project, but the way the old group had it set up was a bit confusing.

My Maps
Tournament Record: 28-28: .500!
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla OEAO is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
It's in the works guys.
I third that. I'd like to help in this project, but the way the old group had it set up was a bit confusing.
Trust me, it was. And what are those other books you are talking about? I read the LotR and Hobbit and watched the LotR, but I never heard of the others.
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
I'm a fan of LotR, simply because it has the best ease of recognition, but I wouldn't object to HoME, if you want to branch it out a bit. I don't really see the problem with including The Hobbit customs in a project called LotR 'Scape though.
In the next few years there will be some whose only Middle Earth familiarity is what they saw in a Hobbit movie (i.e., never read the books and never seen LotR movies). Remember, a 16-year-old forum member who just saw the Hobbit and got excited about it would have just started Kindergarten when the first Peter Jackson LotR was released. They may have next-to-zero knowledge about LotR and their peer group may consider the Hobbit as having the "best ease of recognition" to use your words. If that hypothetical 16-year-old also plays Heroscape and thinks it would be cool to have Hobbit customs, LotR wouldn't be the last thing they'd search for, but it wouldn't be the first either.

I don't care all too much what the name is, but thought it logical to encompass the whole scope of the project, so that's why I brought it up. No matter what the name is, I *do* have a strong preference for is making sure that the *scope* of this project is greater than the LotR books, and can include the Hobbit, Silmarillion, etc. There's consensus on that, right?
I'm all for that, but as a member of *around* that demographic, I can say that most of us know about LotR. Perhaps more of my friends than my football teammates though.

Quote:
Quote:
It's in the works guys.
To be fair, I don't think any of us truly understood it either.
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:45 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcelfarmyone View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's in the works guys.
Trust me, it was. And what are those other books you are talking about? I read the LotR and Hobbit and watched the LotR, but I never heard of the others.
Are you referring to the Children of Hurin, Silmarillion, and the Lost Tales of Numanor? These are all books written by Tolkien, I have yet to read the later two, but I have have heard good reviews of them.
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:34 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

The Silmarillion is the major book--detailing the history of Middle Earth from Creation to the time of the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. It explains who Sauron is and why he is so evil, and it explains where the nine kings (Nazgul) came from. It tells about Elrond and his brother (who chose to be human). And it explains so many other things that make up the background of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

And it has some awesome, epic stories, such as the last stand of Hurin, and Fingolfin versus Morgoth, and the downfall of Gondolin....
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:48 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun Son of Arathorn is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
The Silmarillion is the major book--detailing the history of Middle Earth from Creation to the time of the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. It explains who Sauron is and why he is so evil, and it explains where the nine kings (Nazgul) came from. It tells about Elrond and his brother (who chose to be human). And it explains so many other things that make up the background of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

And it has some awesome, epic stories, such as the last stand of Hurin, and Fingolfin versus Morgoth, and the downfall of Gondolin....
Well, I'll take a short break from work and beg the question to the entirety of the confirmed members. Do we include all of Tolkien's other works that encompass the world of Arda/Middle Earth? A vote would be nice...
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:17 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

Well, I'll take a short break from work and beg the question to the entirety of the confirmed members. Do we include all of Tolkien's other works that encompass the world of Arda/Middle Earth? A vote would be nice...
If we can find suitable minis, and the majority of our members have read beyond just the LotR and Hobbit, then I would be all for expanding our customs to more of his obscure works. To be honest there are so many great character from LotR/Hobbit that will be preoccupied for a long time with just them.

ScapeCon Championship Fantasy Draft: : Deadline July 29th
ScapeCon: July 29th-Aguest 1th
Trade Thread: Updated 5/11/2021

Calling all Las Vegas Scapers!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:14 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think any Middle Earth character should be fair game. But let's be practical--we'll got limited resources, so let's make sure we do Gimli before we do Wulf.

So, to SoA's question, "should we encompass all of Tolkien's ME works or just LotR/Hobbit?" we so far have the following responses:
All Works: Xorlof & Isildur's Bane infectedsloth (although we both agree that popular characters from LotR/Hobbit should come first)
Only LotR/Hobbit: None yet

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:09 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

I can't understand why we'd ever want to limit ourselves to LotR and the Hobbit. "Looks like we got all the characters from LotR and the Hobbit--that wraps this project up." I can't even understand why this is a question.

I think we should create a design for every one of Tolkien's characters from any of his works related to Middle Earth that we can find a suitable mini for.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by capsocrates; September 22nd, 2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Does that cover enough bases?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Valentine and St. Patrick's Custom Contest Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I can't understand why we'd ever want to limit ourselves to LotR and the Hobbit. "Looks like we got all the characters from LotR and the Hobbit--that wraps this project up." I can't even understand why this is a question.

I think we should create a design for every one of Tolkien's characters from any of his works related to Middle Earth that we can find a suitable mini for.

Tournament Record:31-11 Online record:54-24
Trade Thread; Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

My thoughts exactly.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum