Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old October 19th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
The Scroll of Marshall Law

COMPETITIVE MAP
By Rednax

Download, Online Game Link
Required sets:SotM, TJ, FotA

Map Bio -
Many years ago, two wellsprings of immense power were discovered deep in the wilds of the Ticalla Jungle. News spread quickly, and a Marro army descended upon the wellsprings, quickly constructing a military base surrounding both of them. With the Marro Hive planted directly in between, it absorbed the power of both wellsprings, granting all of its spawn incredible strength and dexterity in battle.

Years have passed, and the military base has since been abandoned. The wellsprings have dried up, and all that remains are the base’s ruins and the deceased Marro Hive. However, news has just arrived that the wellsprings’ power may be replenishing, and the decaying military base is now up for grabs.

Reviews-
Sir Heroscape
I've played on this one a lot. My original concerns were the glyph placement but since that's been changed I have no issues with this map it's very balanced has a lot of fun play on it. The road makes things really fast and interesting, and the jungle helps the Melee armies get across to any units shooting down into the startzone. My initial concerns on this one are armies pot-shotting down to the other side but it has such a quick development and road maneuverability units can move around this map relatively quickly. Fun map, and for me!

Biggabullfrog
This map shares a lot with rednax's other map currently undergoing review, Everglades and Evergreens. It has the same hexagonal shape, and it has a similar simple, clean look and build. Even the glyphs are the same. That all said, it does have a different play style. So let's see if it's got what it takes to stand tall on competitive table.

Marshall Law features a string of road tiles running laterally across the map. This road does a great job of connecting just about the whole map, meaning units can run from one end to the other fairly quickly. This also means that it's hard for ranged units to sit back and camp. All of the high spots on the map are at most one hex away from the road. There's also plenty of jungle cover to help units defend against ranged attacks as they get into position. All of this works together pretty well for some quick action. Units aren't going to die to ranged fire too quickly, and engagements are able to happen quickly.

The glyphs are placed well and work well for the map. They both draw attention from the center of the map but are close enough to the strong high points of the map to remain relevant. The power level for these preset glyphs is good as well - they're not so strong as to rule the game alone, but they are good enough that armies will find it worthwhile to seek them out.

I was a little worried about Raelin on this map, but she wasn't any stronger on it than on any other map. She can hit the high points on the map in one turn, but those are so advanced and close to the action that she'll be in real jeopardy if she's thrown out there that quickly. Slow rolling with her is a better idea, but doing so doesn't put her in a game-ruling position on the map, and the opposing player can use the glyphs and height to his advantage against her.

Overall, this is a fun and balanced map that I am completely confident in recommending for tournament play. I vote to establishing Marshall Law in the ARV.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; August 22nd, 2019 at 12:06 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 03:27 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Scroll of Marshall Law

I guess this is a bit belated, but I just noticed in the online game link that the four water hexes by the glyph are labeled level 0, when they're really level 1.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 07:02 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
I guess this is a bit belated, but I just noticed in the online game link that the four water hexes by the glyph are labeled level 0, when they're really level 1.
@Leaf_It can you make sure this is taken care of?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 22nd, 2018, 11:44 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
@Leaf_It can you make sure this is taken care of?
Yes, The numbers are on a different layer, this is an easy fix.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla