Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old May 6th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
The Scroll of Arbarshate's Pathway

COMPETITIVE MAP
By TheEpicAplaca

Download, Online Game Link
Required sets:BftU, RotV, RttFF

Map Bio -

Reviews-
•Tiranx

TREX
The road tiles allow figures to fly right in there. My brothers steamroller gladiator army was on me within a round and slaughtering figures in my start zone. I would imagine this one gets better with a few playthroughs. Everything looked good on it and it seemed balanced.

Sir Heroscape
Really like this map. Aesthetically pleasing and overall looks very balanced in elevation, size and open area and also has enough LOS blockers. Glyph placement is well balanced and takes 2 activations to reach - for just about every figure. During gameplay, the full map was used and game flowed well with little bottlenecking. Though this map could be prone to some of that near the bridge/ruin area. This creates a bit of a clogging effect, but didn't last too long b/c figures could move around the other side of the ruin or use the bridge. This map isn't too strong for ranged - and that's okay. To gain elevation for a ranged figure one has to move centrally, near the glyphs, or on the bridge which puts you a little too close for comfort...but that helps even the playing field. The roads are well placed and really get all the figures involved. Close to the start zone, they really help the development of the army, and games were faster paced and armies were clashing within the first round by turn 2 and 3. I like that about the map. Glyphs could be a little bit of an issue just b/c they're on the very edge and can be somewhat protected if you place your figures right, especially for pod armies. But, glyph control for the most part during my games was never a huge issue, but could be if people "played their cards right". Overall, great map. Very please with the gameplay, well balanced and fun to play on. Aesthetically looks great and I think would make for a good tournament map.

•Biggabullfrog

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; August 21st, 2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old June 1st, 2017, 11:17 AM

TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker TheEpicAlpaca knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Scroll of Arbarshate's Pathway

@SirHeroscape thanks for doing this it looks cool, organized and professional
awesome!
Old June 1st, 2017, 12:25 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEpicAlpaca View Post
@SirHeroscape thanks for doing this it looks cool, organized and professional
awesome!
My pleasure.

I know we didn't require it at the time of the contest but would you mind adding a map bio?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 17th, 2017, 04:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Found a Typo...The file has this map listed as Arbor... and your thumbnail says Arber...

By the way I love that you guys make these thumbnails so I don't have to do it. When I add a map to my binder I create a playing card sized thumbnail that I put in a baseball card 3x3 sheet to create a pictorial index. Your thumbnail layout work great for my use. All I add is the Terrain requirements to the bottom of the image and I'm ready to go.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 27th, 2018, 07:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

How's the stability of this map? The bridge over the middle is 6 hexes long, but do the walls hold it together okay?
Old November 27th, 2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
How's the stability of this map? The bridge over the middle is 6 hexes long, but do the walls hold it together okay?
Been a while since I’ve built this one IRL but yeah I don’t remember it being an issue.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla