Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old May 6th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
The Scroll of Savage Corridor

COMPETITIVE MAP
By Nomad

Required sets:TJ, SotM, FotA

Map Bio -
Legends of mighty battles still whisper off the broken battlements, the dust of fallen warriors can be felt underfoot on the dreary cobblestones, and the ghosts of heroes can be glimpsed in the murky waters . . . nestled among the Dark Lakes of Nastraland lies the strategic Wolf Swamp Road. One branch of this road is particularly untamed - the Savage Corridor. As the wild nature of Valhalla reclaims the road, the wildest nature of beast, man, and kyrie surfaces in every skirmish on the Savage Corridor.

Reviews-
•Tiranx

•TREX

Sir Heroscape
This map is beautiful. All of us judges love it and feel it is a top tier map for tournaments. I've played many, many games on this map and every time the entirety of the map is used. The Jungle provides good cover for units making their way to height and the glyph. The Road does not have cover but provides fast development of units and quick reinforcements. The Glyphs are well placed, being able to be attacked from height, but no protection from jungle. This map allows armies an enormous amount of freedom and plays very well for both the ranged as well as the melee based armies. The map looks great and plays well.

Biggabullfrog
The fact that I've already had us use this map at a tournament here in Utah should let you know that I really dig this one. Jungle is my favorite terrain expansion and this map does an excellent job of utilizing it - spreading it out enough that it's not redundant, but creating great pockets for your figures to hide in as they charge the hills on either side of the map. The position of the glyphs on the edges of the map seems strong at first, as they are raised and right next to the hill, meaning an army can easily claim a hill as its own and hold it for a game. But I found in practice that the hills are open enough that armies can get in there and dispute the high ground and glyph fairly easily. Deployment from the start zone is also a strategic endeavor as you try to get your units into the fray as quickly and efficiently as possible. Overall a great map with awesome competitive value - I fully recommend it for tournament play.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; August 21st, 2019 at 11:24 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla