Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old May 17th, 2017, 12:22 AM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker
Re: Welcome to the ARV!

Thank You for the quick feed back! My thinking is one Lodin is a little underwhelming. Thats why I wanted to use 2. While 1 may not be enough incentive to fight over, a +2 would give you a reason to fight over 2 spots on the map.
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:33 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post
While 1 may not be enough incentive to fight over, a +2 would give you a reason to fight over 2 spots on the map.
Possibly...but in my opinion - to be frank - not likely. The only armies I would deem it necessary to hold both would be D20 based armies like Drow, Drones, Stingers, Anubians, otherwise it really won't be worth the hassle to waste two figures holding those glyphs. Lodin for me has always been an interesting glyph that can really excite an army that has D20 abilities or become neglected for armies that don't. In my opinion...variety is the way to go...I'd like to see Lodin and another similarly powered glyph (Dagmar or Ulivania) on that map...that won't necessarily change the game, but in the right matchup will be worth fighting over.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:38 AM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post
While 1 may not be enough incentive to fight over, a +2 would give you a reason to fight over 2 spots on the map.
Possibly...but in my opinion - to be frank - not likely. The only armies I would deem it necessary to hold both would be D20 based armies like Drow, Drones, Stingers, Anubians, otherwise it really won't be worth the hassle to waste two figures holding those glyphs. Lodin for me has always been an interesting glyph that can really excite an army that has D20 abilities or become neglected for armies that don't. In my opinion...variety is the way to go...I'd like to see Lodin and another similarly powered glyph (Dagmar or Ulivania) on that map...that won't necessarily change the game, but in the right matchup will be worth fighting over.
Ok I see your point. Thanks again for the help. So instead of fighting over 2 Lodins that may not be useful would a Wannok and Lodin on the same map be too much?
That was my original thought process in fighting to hold two different spaces because Wannok is worth fighting for by itself.
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Not sure if you are planning it, but I liked that APRIL was added as an "Reply" in the Tournament Approved Thread, and would like to see each map get a "Reply" with a picture.

It is handy to have one spot to go to see the maps at a glance especially for play testers like me.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 17th, 2017, 10:04 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Not sure if you are planning it, but I liked that APRIL was added as an "Reply" in the Tournament Approved Thread, and would like to see each map get a "Reply" with a picture.

It is handy to have one spot to go to see the maps at a glance especially for play testers like me.
Of course we can do that. Before going public we'd already added the other maps to the list, but I will make the additional posts as a reference...good idea and thank you.

Also, if you do get a chance to play on these maps we'd love comments, gameplay tips or whatever on them in their individual threads, "The Scroll of____"

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I have a request. Can you please double the submission times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 26th, 2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I have a request. Can you please double the submission times?
I apologize we didn't respond to this earlier, I didn't see the post. I'll bring it up with the others, but if we do change the time for submissions I don't imagine it'll be any longer than 4 weeks.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old May 27th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thank you, I'd appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 1st, 2017, 12:56 PM

Rules Announcement

The ARV judges have decided that all map builds submitted to our contests must use - if the map has Glyphs present - Classic Heroscape Glyphs. Simply, no custom Glyphs.
Added letter (c) to Section 1: #7 of the OP

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 1st, 2017, 01:06 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

So no C3V then? darn.
Old June 1st, 2017, 07:18 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Yes, but this is only counting for pre-set Power Glyphs, such as the ones we were requiring for the current contest. As a tournament director, you are always welcome to put C3V glyphs into your pool for random glyphs if desired. We just made this decision to not require custom knowledge of people who are using our maps. By keeping it Classic, the maps will be more friendly to newer players who are just starting out, as well as to those who prefer to not play with customs.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old June 1st, 2017, 07:32 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Yes, but this is only counting for pre-set Power Glyphs, such as the ones we were requiring for the current contest. As a tournament director, you are always welcome to put C3V glyphs into your pool for random glyphs if desired. We just made this decision to not require custom knowledge of people who are using our maps. By keeping it Classic, the maps will be more friendly to newer players who are just starting out, as well as to those who prefer to not play with customs.
Yes, it is more friendly, but for every player like that there's a player like Leaf_It and myself that like the C3V Glyphs and what they can bring to a map.

I've heard the use of these maps at Gencon for being a reason not to allow C3V Glyphs, and while I understand that, it's also my understanding that Gencon only uses maps of a certain size (which could eliminate some maps with or without C3V Glyphs anyways).

Now, I know this was brought to your guys' attention because of my use of the Glyph of Zawit on one of my map submissions. I sincerely hope this won't count against me as the notes state it's optional.

That's my . I understand if y'all don't want to allow them. Thanks for working hard to bring more quality maps to the table.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla