Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old May 16th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2 New Customs added (May 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It seems like that Wasp would be really useful against someone like the Sentinels of Jandar or other high defense squads.

Edit: Or the C3G Superman, for that matter ... she should stay alive long enough to sting him for two or three wounds - more if you put a defensive aura around her - which could be key when you have another 290 points to go against Superman with.
Whoops...forgot about her Wasp sting having no defense. Although, again thematically, would there be a chance that Wasp could hurt Superman or Thor or Hulk?

I like the idea of being a distraction and essentially being a neutralizer much more...more tactical. I think I am going to give her some sort of recon ability as well.
Old May 16th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think thematically, any superhero could hurt any other superhero at any given time, depending on how they're written, lol. I think that it being only 1 little wound by a Superhero who didn't see it coming is VERY thematic, and makes her very playable. She's kind of like Deadeye Dan with a few figures screening him can be against these bigshot Superheroes.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 16th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"Could" be accomplished in other ways as well. I think it is reasonable to give her some attack dice, but not many. Even against someone like Hulk, she could still get a lucky roll. I just think it needs to be more of a longshot than as written.

The one I am working on right now has very limited attack value, but hopefully still has tactical value.
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:30 AM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey badger, our buddy over on Avengers Assemble had a ton of kind words, interesting comments and a couple of questions on your huge batch of Avengers.
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Theme Nerd

Here is my crack at Wasp:

I played around with the wording of the Nuisance ability many times and am not sure I quite have it yet, so feel free to throw some help my way.

Oh, and as for the rather gaudy color scheme, I thought it was fitting of Jan, given her rather bold choices in costumes over the years (and of course, it matches her pic).

And just for kicks, I even added a hitzone for you ()
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:01 AM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the 'scatter'ish ability on her, and the Nuisance power. My only fear with that one is that with ony a 50/50 roll required and a free chance to try again if successful, that's a little TOO MUCH power for her 140 points. I guess only playtesting would reveal that, but my gut says you'd need to either raise her points a little or gimp the power a bit.

Anyway, great stuff. Where's Pym?

EDIT: Thanks for the hitzone!
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Theme Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
I really like the 'scatter'ish ability on her, and the Nuisance power. My only fear with that one is that with ony a 50/50 roll required and a free chance to try again if successful, that's a little TOO MUCH power for her 140 points. I guess only playtesting would reveal that, but my gut says you'd need to either raise her points a little or gimp the power a bit.

Anyway, great stuff. Where's Pym?

EDIT: Thanks for the hitzone!
Costing is by far my biggest trouble. On many figures, you can make a direct comparison with an existing card and go from there. I don't know of any figures that she quite matches up with.

I was hoping that due to her life being so small and due to her being so powerless in terms of damage, the cost might be accurate.

As noted, she is very much a neutralizing type figure, meant to keep someone (probably a big hitter) occupied and off her teammates back.

It would also be a strong motivator for her opposition to NOT load up multiple order markers on one card, as that is the only situation where her nuisance ability would be able to be repeated. In other words, she can't "remove" an order marker from one opponent, fly off and then get another one from a different character in the same turn. It is only one opponent and only after an attack (which would require that she win initiative).
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:35 AM
C3G Hero

Re: Wasp added (page 4)

Hey, I'm a big fan of OM removing powers, so I'm in favor of what you're doing. The hard part in costing her is that no official card has the opportunity to try 2 or more times, and I don't think any of them have such a low number to hit on the d20 roll.

BTW, I like the pic you chose and how it shows her size without other characters in the frame. I also like how you merged 'disengage' into 'scatter', but it seems that she can only disengage when using her Evasive Movement. Was that your intention, or should she be able to disengage at any time? If the latter was your intent, maybe a more efficient way to write it would be:

Evasive Movement:
Wasp is never attacked when leaving engagements. After rolling defense dice, Wasp may move three spaces.

This way, you can both freely move about with disengage AND scatter if she rolls defense dice, and the whole thing seems a bit more clear.
Old May 17th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Theme Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Hey, I'm a big fan of OM removing powers, so I'm in favor of what you're doing. The hard part in costing her is that no official card has the opportunity to try 2 or more times, and I don't think any of them have such a low number to hit on the d20 roll.

BTW, I like the pic you chose and how it shows her size without other characters in the frame. I also like how you merged 'disengage' into 'scatter', but it seems that she can only disengage when using her Evasive Movement. Was that your intention, or should she be able to disengage at any time? If the latter was your intent, maybe a more efficient way to write it would be:

Evasive Movement:
Wasp is never attacked when leaving engagements. After rolling defense dice, Wasp may move three spaces.

This way, you can both freely move about with disengage AND scatter if she rolls defense dice, and the whole thing seems a bit more clear.
I meant the latter. I will look at rephrasing it. Thanks.

I like the 140 point total in terms of relative value. I want her to have importance, but not that much importance. What would you raise the nusiance roll to? 14 maybe? That way, she would have a decent shot at removing one order marker, but if you start getting at 2 or 3, the odds are much longer.
Old May 17th, 2009, 03:52 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In the Covert Recon power, you open yourself up to bonding loops by being so vague with who you can take a turn with and by allowing it to be a full turn. Just imagine if she takes a turn, then uses Covert Recon to take a turn with her teammate, a Knight of Weston, who uses bonding to take a turn with Sir Gilbert, who uses Jandar's Dispatch ... you see where this could be problematic, right?
Also "teammate" is not official terminology and makes it difficult to understand who you're refering to exactly.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Theme Nerd

Thanks. These are the things that I always appreciate help with.

How about this....

After moving but before attacking, you may take a turn with any
unique hero you control within 4 clear site spaces of Wasp.
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:55 PM

Hmm ... I think that should work. It wouldn't fail the Mirror Test, b/c if you played against yourself, you wouldn't be taking a turn with the opponent's fig ... I think you might want to add in something about on a turn you reveal an order marker or something as well though, just to avoid any pitfalls from a Mind Exchanged Wasp bodning with your own Wasp ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations