Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old May 6th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
The Scroll of Ruined Pier

COMPETITIVE MAP
By Dad_Scaper

Download, Online Game Link
Required sets:RotV, FotA

Map Bio -
Ginga’s Secret, Revealed
Spoiler Alert!

Reviews-
Tiranx
The aesthetics are original and fun to play on. I especially like how the whole map get used and it does not penalize two spaced figures. Some double spaced figures may have a bit of trouble if they stop between the piers. When I played on this map, I was using Rancors. They barely fit between the piers when I parked a Rancor there. Other figures like Nilf, Tor-Kul-Na, and even some C3V large figures would have a similar problem. However, the rules state that if a figure cannot fit into a space, it cannot move there. I think there is examples in the rule book of Grimnak not being able to fit into certain location because of his tail. So, with that in consideration

TREX
After building it, I had to sit back and just take a look. Just from first glance it does resemble a pier that has crumbled down in the middle. The way it is presented with the water line on the one side , and on the other the gradual climb up on the other side suggests where the tide would roll in and out. In other words, I thought it was great. When I started to play on the map I noticed how you really play on the entire map. All of it gets used. You get in the thick of battle rather quickly. Generally the first units that are started closer to the higher elevation, they run up and meet in the middle at the back of the pier. But as the game goes on, it is easier to just run through the damaged pier towards the enemy and draw what figures are left at the top down into the fray. This map seems to be very balanced and fun to play on. There are quite a few areas that non ranged figures can hide. Overall I found it to be very enjoyable and very fun to look at in its simple yet elegant design. Thanks again for this one Dad Scaper.

Sir Heroscape
Games were fun and exciting. Army development was quick and the use of strategy on this map is very apparent: run in the middle for the glyphs and rush your opponent, or take your time developing up the hill to hold the position (but give up the glyphs). The only two concerns I have with this map are mostly practical ones: 1) there are 23 required water hexes on this map and the RotV set only has 21. I suggest the simple fix to this would be to take off the last water hex on each end of the startzone to meet the maximum of 21 water hexes. 2) The battlements placed on the hill restrict too much development to the top. I was demotivated to develop my army on height when there was only 1 hex to go through on my way up. I think this is a simple fix as well, I think only the last battlement (closest to the startzone) needs to be removed. This allows the development up the hill to involve 2 hexes rather than bottlenecking on one. This also helps armies with double spaced figures to have an easier time of getting up the hill..whereas in it's current state, double spaced figures have a really hard time. I'd still recommend for tournament play because it wasn't too unbalanced, but I feel those changes would be necessary for higher level competitive play.

Biggabullfrog
I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of this map and wouldn't recommend it for tournament play. My main issue with it is that there is only one spot of high ground, and whoever holds it pretty much controls the game. There is the one glyph, but just the one doesn't affect the game much, even if it's a strong one. I also just don't find the majority of the map interesting with how much flat ground there is - there's low strategic value. And contesting high ground can get annoying due to how difficult it is to climb, meaning if one army gets up there first the other is going to have a really hard time getting to them, which is any ranged army's dream.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; August 21st, 2019 at 10:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla