Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Closed Thread

Old October 20th, 2006, 01:44 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
Here are more answers from Chris:

Quote:
Customer (Aranas) 10/18/2006 04:52 PM
Hi Aranas,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your follow up questions! I'm more than happy to help, although I do have to admit, I had to get a bit more help in order to make sure all of my interpretations were correct and official! I've answered all your questions below.

Q1a ) Can Drake grapple-up a castle wall (if it’s less than 25 levels high) considering the fact that he will also have to go down 2-3 levels after the lift-up because of the presence of the battlement. If the answer is no, this is a sad news…
A1a) Yes, his total upward movement was less than his Grapple Gun’s 25 level limit, and the landing space was higher than his starting space.

Q1b) And what if the hex to be reached is at 25 levels higher than Drake’s level but there is a battlement in addition to that, making a total elevation of 27?
A1b) No, because his total upward movement was more than his Grapple Gun’s 25 level limit.

Q1c) If the answer to 1a is yes, can Drake do the same thing in regards to ruins? (Example: Drake going up over a ruin with the Grappling Gun and then down 6 levels on the other side, including the risk of taking falling damage.)
A1c) Yes he can grapple over a ruin, as long as the addition height of the ruin (6 levels) does not exceed his Grapple Gun’s total height limit of 25 levels, AND the landing space is HIGHER than his starting space. If he does Grapple over the ruin, he will take falling damage on the other side (fall of 6 levels). Please note, if the landing space is not HIGHER than his starting space, he cannot grapple over the ruin.

Q2) Figures are allowed to climb cliffs, battlements and bridge’s walls as long as the height of the obstacle is not equal to or higher than the figure’s height. Thus, are figures allowed to "climb" or pass over things like ruins and walls? This suppose that the figure’s height and movement would be sufficient to allow it. (Example1: Can a figure with a height of 10 and a move of 8 pass over a ruin? Example 2: Can a figure with a height of 12 and a move of 14 (with the help of many movement glyphs) pass over a single wall?)
A2) This is a big one, I hope I can cover it all. Yes, and Yes. Phew!
Yes a figure can walk over a ruin, but normal movement rules still apply. The ruin is 6 levels high, so it would take a move of at least 7 to get onto the other side, and the figure’s height would have to be higher than 6 in order to move over it. The same thing goes with a Fortress Wall. A figure cannot move up a number of levels equal to or higher than its height number all at once, but if the height of the ruin/Fortress Wall is less than the height of the figure, you may walk over it.

Keep checking www.heroscape.com as we just submitted the latest FAQs which include these questions! They should be updated shortly.

I hope that answers your question(s). If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail.
Well, I'm very happy with the result. Fast and clear! Thank you Chris!

So, walls and ruins can be climbed like any other obstacles if your figure has sufficient height and movement to do it. Drake can use his Grappling Gun on castle walls with battlements, and also on ruins if the ending hex is at minimum one level higher than his starting hex.

Good!!! And Chris said the FAQ on the official site will be updated!

Aranas
Old October 20th, 2006, 01:58 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmazero13
Here's one I just got from Hasbro, along with my question to them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmazero13
Hi there.

This may be an easy question, and it usually doesn't come up, but with the Castles it's more likely to.

When resolving Mimring's Fire Line, does Mimring need to have a line of sight to each figure before the attack for them to be affected? Since the FAQ states that you resolve the attacks from the "inside out", it can happen where the LOS is blocked, but killing a figure will result in it NOT being blocked.

Example 1 - Let's say Figure A is closer to Mimring than Figure B, and due to size, etc, Figure B is obscured from Mimring's sight. If the Fire Line "crosses" both Figure A and Figure B, and Figure A dies from the Fire Line, is Figure B affected?

Example 2 - Figure A is behind the Castle door. Mimring blows fire line at the door, and the "line" crosses Figure A. The attack destroys the door, exposing Figure A. Is figure A affected?

Thanks in advance,

sigmazero13(edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Hi sigmazero13 (edited),

Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can help.

If by destroying a figure/door with the Fire Line special attack, you open up line of sight to another figure within the 8 spaces, that new figure is still attacked with the Fire Line.
Old October 27th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I snuck this into your thread Bunjee ...

Question Concerns: Engagement and the powers Disengage as well as Ghost Walk ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Customer (Malechi)
10/23/2006 04:13 PM

Chris,

This question came up during a game at one of the Unofficial National HeroScape Day gatherings (a big THANKS to you and the Hasbro staff for the prizes, it made it feel like a real Official National HeroScape Day!!!).

Situation: Krug's big ole booty was blocking the castle door while engaged with Sir Denrick who was on the outside of the Castle. An Arrow Grut wanted to get into the Castle attempting to go through the engaged friendly Krug utilizing Disengage. We determined the Arrow Grut could not do so.

Question: Can a friendly figure with "Disengage, or a figure "Ghost Walk", pass through engaged figures? And, yes, I am aware that you may not pass through friendly figures when engaged. I just want to confirm whether either, both or neither of these abilities allow an exception to that rule.

Malechi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Response (Chris)
10/27/2006 08:56 AMHi Malechi,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro again! It's great to hear that your tournament went well!

I will certainly pass your comments that you and your group enjoyed the tournament and the prizes. I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves!

To answer your game play question, Can either Ghost Walk or Disengage trump the instruction rule that you cannot pass through engaged friendly figures?

Ghost Walk- Yes. It states ALL figures. That includes friendly, opponent's, engaged, not engaged, red, blue, big, small, etc. It trumps the engaged friendly figure rule. The only rule Ghost Walk does not trump is Cyberclaw & Improved Cyberclaw.

Disengage- No. Its power is derived from the engagement. Once you're in the engagement, you can leave it without a passing swipe from the opponent. However, the instructional rule still stands that you can't enter that space with the engaged friendly figure.

I hope that helps! Good Gaming.

Chris

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw
Response to question on Jotun throwing non-flying fliers:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can help.

I sincerely apologize for the delay in my response. I've attached one of the latest FAQs added to Jotun that covers your question. Keep checking www.heroscape.com for the new and updated FAQs coming soon!

Question: Jotun can only throw “non-flying” figures. If the wind glyph is in play and activated, or if Morsbane has negated the figure’s special powers, and figure cannot fly, are they considered “non-flying” figures and can Jotun throw them?

Answer: Yes on both counts. Flying figures are considered non-flying once the wind glyph is activated. When Morsbane negates a figure’s flying ability, they are also considered non-flying.”

I hope that answers your question(s). If there is anything else I can help you with, please visit www.hasbro.com or respond to this e-mail.

Good Gaming!
Old December 23rd, 2006, 11:40 AM

This should have been in here a long time ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro customer service
Response (Chris) 02/02/2006 07:58 AM
Hi bunjee (edited),

Thank you for contacting Hasbro with your question on Heroscape! Perhaps I can bring you a little clarification.

You can only place it on any unique Army Card (Yours, your opponent, or your teammate), but you would be wise to place it on one of your own figures.

Customer (bunjee) 02/01/2006 08:32 PM
According to the card text for Finn the Viking Champion:
Warrior's Attack Spirit 1
When Finn is destroyed, place this figure on any unique Army Card. Finn's Spirit adds 1 to the normal attack number on that card.

Does any really mean any? Team mate, opponent (for whatever reason), any?

It was asked of me, so I'm asking of you

-bunjee
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's