Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 28th, 2020, 10:48 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Kris Hathaway (Vote for Initial)

I think you can cut the "you" must from the first sentence of Renegade Coordinator.

The mechanics on Renegade Rampage are really tough to parse.

Underdog Tactics is so restricted (1. Once per player turn 2. Special attack 3. Psiot you control 4. At least one wound 5. Marker removal 6. 2 dice only) that I'd probably just ignore that power for the most part and use my 5 markers in the heat of the battle with the third power.

I'd calculate her to be worth around 70 points in this write up. But, honestly, I don't think that's the largest issue I'm having.

I think you're running into the Peter Stanchek issue of overwriting the mechanics here which will make her unfun to play and not all that effective within the faction.

I'm switching to a hold vote, because I don't think this is ready for testing yet, honestly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 28th, 2020, 11:03 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think you can cut the "you" must from the first sentence of Renegade Coordinator.
Good call. I was focused on not making it optional, but yeah just phrasing it without that makes it clearly a must.

Quote:
The mechanics on Renegade Rampage are really tough to parse.
Do you feel like the original one I had is clearer?

Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker on a Psiot you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may remove a Renegade Marker from this card. If you do, you may immediately attack with two different Psiots you control that do not share a class. You may not take additional turns with other figures you control.

Quote:
Underdog Tactics is so restricted (1. Once per player turn 2. Special attack 3. Psiot you control 4. At least one wound 5. Marker removal 6. 2 dice only) that I'd probably just ignore that power for the most part and use my 5 markers in the heat of the battle with the third power.
So the first one was me being weird with verbiage in trying to not make it stackable on one attack. Not the correct way to word it.

I have no issue with 2-3 being a restriction. She's a factional piece, and Psiots all have Special attacks, and they are very frequently going to be better than their normal attack. If you're saying I should just open it to normal and special, then sure that's fine.

Four was one I had intended to drop, but it missed the update. That's my bad.

Number 5 is part of the mechanics. If the marker thing drops, it'll go with it.

Not sure what you'd suggest with your 6th thing. I don't really want a full reroll as its more intended to try to do things like improve Pete's Scream (get more than 1 blank) rather than just salvage botched rolls.

So should look more like:

Quote:
After rolling combat die for a special attack with a Psiot you control, you may remove a Renegade marker from this card to immediately reroll up to 2 die.
Which could just as easily be:

Quote:
After rolling combat die for a normal or special attack with a Psiot you control, you may remove a Renegade marker from this card to immediately reroll up to 2 die.
Old December 28th, 2020, 11:05 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I mean, I'm fine with restricting it to special attacks, just noting that it feels a bit complex overall.

And, honestly, with only 5 markers, I'm probably going to use the triple attack turns over it every time anyway.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 28th, 2020, 11:07 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Kris Hathaway (Holding a bit)

My inability to track my updated ideas continues to show through. Rampage is intended as once per round, per Tickle's suggestion. Feeling that one is cleaner is nice (are you opposed to not letting it work off Rebellious heroes, or to specific you think)?

Secondary question there would be if you think just the one bonus attack would put both more in a feeling viable as options range?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
NAME = KRIS HATHAWAY
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STRATEGIST
PERSONALITY = CONFIDENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 100

RENEGADE COORDINATOR
At the start of the game, for each figure in your army with a different class, you must place a blue Renegade marker on this card, to a maximum of 5 markers. If there is at least one Renegade marker on this card, Psiots you control will not take leaving engagement attacks from figures engaged with at least one other figure you control. If there are no Renegade markers on this card or if Kris is destroyed, you must subtract 10 from your initiative for the remainder of the game.

UNDERDOG TACTICS
After rolling combat die for a normal or special attack with a Psiot you control, you may remove a Renegade marker from this card to immediately reroll up to 2 dice.

RENEGADE RAMPAGE
Once per round, after revealing an Order Marker on a Psiot you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may remove a Renegade Marker from this card. If you do, you may immediately attack with two different Psiots you control that do not share a class. You may not take additional turns with other figures you control.

Last edited by LordVenoc; December 28th, 2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old December 28th, 2020, 11:37 AM

Underdog Tactics should be "dice," not "die," but I think that makes the two options a little closer, yeah, especially if she's being hunted by the enemy and wants to burn her markers faster. The once per round restriction is probably enough to make the reroll viable.

I think she's probably a solid 70-75 points there.

Old December 28th, 2020, 11:41 AM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Underdog Tactics should be "dice," not "die," but I think that makes the two options a little closer, yeah, especially if she's being hunted by the enemy and wants to burn her markers faster. The once per round restriction is probably enough to make the reroll viable.

I think she's probably a solid 70-75 points there.
Any part feeling standout too complex at this point?
Old December 28th, 2020, 11:46 AM

Not sure why there's the class restriction in Renegade Rampage. And if you're looking for an easy way to bump the points a tad, I do think you could lose the "engaged with at least one other figure you control" part of the disengage effect in the first power.

Old December 28th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Not sure why there's the class restriction in Renegade Rampage. And if you're looking for an easy way to bump the points a tad, I do think you could lose the "engaged with at least one other figure you control" part of the disengage effect in the first power.
Basically because the other Psiot teams (assuming I get there) will be single classed. Wanting her as a Renegade piece rather than Psiots as a whole. I'm fine ditching that caveat on the Leaving Engagement.
Old December 28th, 2020, 12:20 PM

Cool. Well a bit more streamlined than it was at least, so I'll switch back to yea.

Old December 28th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Book Wyrm

Cool. Still need one more vote to move ahead. This is definitely one where I'll likely be reporting back and tweaking in process of initial, as if the feel isn't coming through, then I'm definitely willing to give up on the markers and retool for that. I've accepted the lack of need to hit 100 even with the possibility of bringing in Ax, so that does help.
Old December 28th, 2020, 12:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea
Old December 28th, 2020, 07:04 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Kris Hathaway (Initial)

Yea here as well - seems like a fun change, keeps the same vibe. See how it feels and feel free to tweak as needed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library