Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 17th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Shadow King

The Book of Shadow King

C3G MARVEL WAVE 35
MUTANT MULTIVERSE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutant Mayhem set.
Its model number and name are #093 / Shadow King.

NOTE: Shadow King requires The Astral Plane.

Character Bio – The Shadow King exists as an entity of pure psychic energy that feeds on the hatred of humanity. It manifests itself on the physical plane by possessing the bodies of human beings.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: Shadow Manipulation doesn't specify when control of the Manipulated figure returns to its original player. When does that happen?
    A: The figure being Manipulated is 'temporarily controlled', meaning that immediately after the figure turn ends, control reverts to the player who controlled it before Shadow Manipulation.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:26 PM. Reason: png
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:06 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Shadow King - Design

NAME = SHADOW KING

SPECIES = MANIFESTATION
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = PARASITE
PERSONALITY = MALEVOLENT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 300

PSYCHIC HOST

At the start of the game, place Shadow King on any empty space in the Astral Plane instead of your start zone, then choose a Unique Telepath Hero you control without a Tether Marker on its card and place Shadow King's black Tether Marker on the chosen Hero’s card. While his Tether Marker is on that card, the chosen Hero is Shadow King's Tether.

RULER OF THE ASTRAL PLANE
Instead of taking a turn with his Tether, you may take a turn with Shadow King. If you do, for the rest of the round, Shadow King's Tether cannot move or attack. Once per game, if Shadow King's Tether would be destroyed, receives enough wounds to be destroyed, or would have its Tether Marker removed in any way except by this special power, Shadow King instead receives two wounds. If Shadow King is destroyed, remove his Tether Marker from the game.

SHADOW MANIPULATION
If Shadow King would inflict at least one wound on a Manifestation with his normal attack, instead of placing any Wound Markers you may take temporary control of that Manifestation's Tether and immediately take a turn with that figure.

FLYING

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; October 10th, 2020 at 11:00 AM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:35 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Mini Picture

Comic Picture

Background

Looks like a solid write-up.

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 28th, 2020 at 10:53 AM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Wasn't there a Glyph involved in your draft?
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

MENTAL DUEL
If Shadow King’s possessed Hero would roll defense against an attack from a friendly Telepath, instead Shadow King must roll defense and receive any wounds inflicted instead of the possessed Hero.

friendly to whom? Shadow King or the possessed Hero?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Yeah, I really do like this write up, but I also miss the Astral Plane aspects. Right now this seems like it'll end up too close to what a future Deadman may look like.
Also, should he be able to attack at all if he's not possessive a figure? I guess he has to, though, or he couldn't kill the last figure in an enemy army ... though if he possessed that last figure, the game would be over anyway, right?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I assumed if he wasn't possessing someone that his attack represented a mental assault (A strong one!). I'm not familiar with the character to say if I am right or not though.
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:53 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Yeah, I actually had quite an extensive write up at one point that involved a new rule set with Location Cards and Gateway Glyphs. It was a fun concept but I didn't think anyone would be would go for such an elaborate set up for one guy. Was too much so I scaled it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
MENTAL DUEL
If Shadow King’s possessed Hero would roll defense against an attack from a friendly Telepath, instead Shadow King must roll defense and receive any wounds inflicted instead of the possessed Hero.

friendly to whom? Shadow King or the possessed Hero?
Supposed to be Telepath friendly to the possessed Hero. I probably need to fix the current wording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Yeah, I really do like this write up, but I also miss the Astral Plane aspects. Right now this seems like it'll end up too close to what a future Deadman may look like.
Also, should he be able to attack at all if he's not possessive a figure? I guess he has to, though, or he couldn't kill the last figure in an enemy army ... though if he possessed that last figure, the game would be over anyway, right?
I'm not familiar with Deadman and not sure if anyone has him drafted.

Basically the glyph I had was a really long winded theme heavy version of what the Mental Duel power does. Maybe I can pump up the theme a little more by calling the power Battle On The Astral Plane?

He needs to be able to attack somehow without possessing someone for game balance reasons. Especially if he is going to cost upwards of 450 points.

Quote:
I assumed if he wasn't possessing someone that his attack represented a mental assault (A strong one!). I'm not familiar with the character to say if I am right or not though.
That's exactly what I'm going for.
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

You have my interest piqued now, can you PM me your original design? I think this design works well if you fix SirG's issue.
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:08 PM

I'm on my lunch break at work right now. I've got a word doc at home. The basic concept for it is this:

A location card is the same exact size as a figure card and the whole thing is a printed background with 7 spaces on it just like a 7-hex tile. In this case The Astral Plane. It is placed off to the side of the battlefield and not connected to it directly, but is considered part of the battlefield.

The way to get to/from the location is through the use of the matching gateway glyph. The glyph is placed on the regular battlefield and acts as a portal to/from the location card. Ex: Glyph of Astral Plane Gateway matches up with Astral Plane card.
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

This write up with this figure doesn't sit well with me at all. As it is, Some fat dude wearing a fez acts like a wraith.... this is a total theme fail for me. The "man" in the suit should be what is represented on the card, and the wraith within (cool power name) could have some power that with maybe an black marker that can control other cards, but if it isn't on this card, then this guy can't do anything.
Old August 17th, 2011, 01:23 PM

He could be represented as the "man", but that thought hadn't even occurred to me.

Is anyone else bothered by the dude with the fez having Intangibility and Flying?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library