Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 6th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
arp12's Gencon 2010 pics and battle reports

Here's where I'll put all my Gencon-related stuff. It's been really fun to meet people and figure out who is which username and chat about Heroscape.

I can't upload pics right now, but I have a few I'll get on the site later, including: the pitiful Heroscape display at Wizards booth, and some of the HS tournaments.

Heroscape Championship Day 1
I played Q9, Raelin, Marro Warriors, Kozuke, and Krav. I was 3-2 with it in playtesting against my friends. 2x Rats are arguably better in this army than Kozuke, but Kozuke are cooler.

Game 1
vs. Pickle4192 (Braxas, 4x Mass)
on Just Passing Through

This was a tough first round matchup. I had OMs on Q9, and Pickle was predictably moving out Braxas. With the small distance between start zones, Braxas could start using Acid Breath pretty quickly. I tried a few attacks on her with the Kozuke. Then there was a turn in which Q9 Queglix'd his Braxas. I got lucky rolls, and it was enough to finish her off. At this point I'd lost 1-2 Kozuke, 2 Krav, and maybe a MW. Even though my unique squads were crippled, I thought Q9 could pull out a win against the 4th Mass. I moved Q9 up to the hill on the left, still within Raelin's aura. Queglix was pretty effective against the 4th Mass, so I focused my OMs on my Q9. Pickle advanced some of his 4th Mass over the hill on the other side to get at my Krav while staying out Queglix range. Nevertheless, had plently of targets in his start zone. I moved Q9 out of Raelin's aura to attack more, and this is when I unknowingly broke a rule. I have read the FAQ, and I understood that a player may reposition his figures any time during his turn. What I didn't know is that that does not apply to double-spaced figures flipping. In the middle of a Queglix, I flipped Q9 so he could see another 4th Mass. The second time I maneuvered in this way, Mark asked somebody about the rule, and my understanding proved to be incorrect. Sorry about that, Mark. By now, some of his Mass had set up on the opposite hill, and there were one or two that engaged my Krav agent. I think he also moved some on the other side to kill my Raelin. By the road, my Krav defended against melee shots every turn. I brought up my Marro Warriors once Q9's hill was mostly cleared. At this point, Mark had maybe 2 squads of Mass left. My Krav finally died, but my Marro were able to inflict some damage. Soon the Marro were gone, too. My Q9, wounded thrice by now, walked to the bridge. It came down to 2 of his Mass (one on the bridge, one in the start zone) against my Q9 and a single Kozuke (standing on a low road tile). His 4th take a turn and fail to inflict the final wound. My Major takes a turn, but my special attack fails to kill. His 4th finally catch a bad defense roll the soulborg. My last figure, the Kozuke, is able to charge the 4th Mass on the bridge. I only roll 1 skull, which the Minuteman defends. The next turn is fated to be the last, for my samurai couldn't block a shot from his 4th.

0-1

Game 2
vs. fomox (Zetacron, Krav, 5x Phantom Knights)
on Jotun's Gap

0-2

Game 3
vs. [forget her name] (Charos, Gilbert, 1x Knights, 1x Mass)
on Warden

1-2

Game 4
vs. KaBoomboomboom (4x Stingers, Q9, Raelin, Isamu)
on Just Passing Through

1-3

Game 5
vs. Mr Migraine (Braxas, Kaemon Awa, 2x rats, Krav)
on Midnight Lagoon

2-3

This put me in 39th-42nd place.

Lightweight
I played 3x 4th Mass and Airborne, which I had not playtested at all. The figures just fit the limitations well.

Game 1
vs. [forget his name] (Kaemon, Hydra, Izumi Samurai, Isamu)
on Invasion

1-0

Game 2
vs. [forget his name too] (Kaemon, 4x Dividers)
on Invasion

2-0

Game 3
vs. MattsertruckRally (2x reavers, Kaemon, Hydra)
on Fulcrum

2-1

Game 4
vs. Erikr (Gilbert, 3x Knights)
on Rift Valley

2-2

Game 5
vs. stubobj (Venoc Warlord, 5x Venocs)
on Fulcrum

3-2

5th place

Monster Mash
I played 3x romans, Marcus, Me-Burq-Sa, Nilfheim, Zetacron. I was 0-2 playtesting against my friends, but I hadn't played any other Monster Mash armies so I went with it.

Game 1
vs. [forget his first name] (Su-Bak-Na, 1x Nagrubs, 1x WoA, Isamu, 1x Fire Elemental, 1x Marrden Hounds, Sahaugin Raider, some other stuff)
on Fissure

1-0

Game 2
vs [forget his name] (3x Dwarves, Migol, Theracus, Major Q10, Swog Rider)
on Fulcrum

1-1

Game 3
vs. jdtenor (Krug, Mimring, Ornak, 3x Arrow Gruts, Me-Burq-Sa, Isamu)
on Rift Valley

2-1

Game 4
vs Worseley (2x Romans, Me-Burq-Sa, Raelin, Brunak, 1x Deathstalkers, Airborne)
on Fulcrum

2-2

I don't know what place I came in.

So, for all of Gencon I'm 7-7. Totally even. I made some mistakes that I can learn from.

Last edited by arp12; August 12th, 2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old August 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: arp12's Gencon 2010 pics and battle reports

I'll put in actual reports from memory after I get home. I'm just doing the skeleton now.
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:26 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
I'll put in actual reports from memory after I get home. I'm just doing the skeleton now.
It was great meeting you today great game against you. I lost krug to fast and did my best to make a comeback, but your last squad of roman legion and Marcus Decimus slowly chipped away Minring.
Old August 8th, 2010, 11:26 PM
Silly Kid

Yes, that was definitely one of my favorite games. I was lucky to take out Krug before he got the healer glyph, but then I had Mimring to contend with. I thought when I rolled 4 skulls it was over, but then you defended 3 of them and the game continued another while.
Old August 9th, 2010, 12:06 PM

SuperEsenwein Woo who?

Interesting. I can't wait for the actual battles. Your strategy for your main event army was probably different from the time that I played it.

Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Last edited by SuperEsenwein; August 9th, 2010 at 12:13 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports