Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old August 5th, 2022, 10:12 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

I have been authorized to share that they will have color schemes associated with their assigned generals. You may apply actual paint if you want. The minis will be super detailed and beautiful so I may paint mine, even though I’m not a mini painter yet.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 5th, 2022, 10:14 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I have been authorized to share that they will have color schemes associated with their assigned generals. You may apply actual paint if you want. The minis will be super detailed and beautiful so I may paint mine, even though I’m not a mini painter yet.
Nice. Thank you for that information.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old August 5th, 2022, 10:37 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you for the update! Hopefully this will calm things down just a little bit. A couple of followup questions:

1. Will the figures come pre-primed like Reaper miniatures?
2. Any news on the plastic quality and durability? Will it be similar to the original Heroscape line in that I could toss it in the bin without worry that it would break?
3. Will the miniatures come fully assembled or will they be poseable?

Thank you for keeping us updated!
Old August 5th, 2022, 10:45 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!

That's good to know. Thanks for that update.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old August 5th, 2022, 10:53 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I don’t know and I don’t know if any of those have even been decided, though I would be stunned if the minis were not in fixed poses.

= =
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:46 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
Thank you for the update! Hopefully this will calm things down just a little bit. A couple of followup questions:

1. Will the figures come pre-primed like Reaper miniatures?
2. Any news on the plastic quality and durability? Will it be similar to the original Heroscape line in that I could toss it in the bin without worry that it would break?
3. Will the miniatures come fully assembled or will they be poseable?

Thank you for keeping us updated!
I'm not part in any way of the design team here, but my thoughts on these things that seem naturally to make sense to me pertaining to your questions. It's possible that the minis will come pre primed, but if my extensive unpainted miniatures experience goes, I would say they would probably not be due to the colored nature of them. They will probably just be made in the specific general color of the plastic color that is intended.

Plastic quality, no idea here. The crispier models tend to be with harder plastics generally make them a little more brittle. These model images look much more clean than previous scape.

I would imagine the figures would come pre-assembled. There is already an uproar over not being painted. I would doubt that they go even more down that road. The other thing that correlates with heroscape is that the line of sight regarding the targeting silhouettes really means that multi posing really wouldn't be a thing because they could be modeled for advantage. Granted, some people may not care here, but posing the models yourself puts this even more into a hobby category.

As I said before, I'm not part of the team, but do have loads of experience with various games and models and my points here stand out as pretty apparent. There is possibilities I may not be right. Either way, if I pick these up, they'll probably be hit with white primer and painted with speed paints. That's my favorite new way to paint.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 7th, 2022, 11:46 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I posted this in the main 2nd edition thread since I think it might be useful to anyone less excited about the new minis being unpainted since up until three years ago I would have been in the same camp:

To anyone despairing at the idea of needing to paint your own minis, I once avoided any games with unpainted minis, or in a few cases commissioned a fellow heroscaper to paint a board game for me since I was convinced I wouldn't be able to paint whatsoever- Now I've painted probably 1000 or so detailed minis and I can honestly say I think anyone has the ability to paint at a top tier level with just a little practice.

Not only do you exponentially improve with each miniature you paint(My first painted mini was an abomination, but by the second it was a night and day difference), but unlike something like pencil sketching or canvas painting there are tons of tricks for quick and good looking results. A couple base colors with the right shades will produce something that is HS quality in no time. Ditto for contrast paints, assuming a figure has large portions that are the same color.

One thing to keep in mind if you're nervous about your results is that while Heroscape looks significantly better than things like heroclix, and are excellent pre-painted minis- That they are generally very simple paint jobs, with it being rare for a unit to have more than a smudge for a face, or any fine details. They just did a masterful job of making the paint job look great from the birds eye view you will usually be seeing them from.

Depending on the volume of units released I might do some tutorial videos on my channel to try and help ease people into this new phase of scapes. Since at least speaking personally, an important part of HS is its visual appeal and how it ignites the imagination which just doesn't go hand in hand with armies of mono colored plastic.
Old August 7th, 2022, 01:49 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

So yall are saying I should stop stripping all the paint off my old figures to make them match the new ones?
Old August 7th, 2022, 05:17 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I still hate painting...I can do it...I just hate it.

Still looking forward to the new editions though.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 7th, 2022 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Although grumble, grumble grumble. :)
Old August 7th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Skyknight swears that speedpaint is a thing and that it works well and quickly. That’s my plan.

= =
Old August 7th, 2022, 05:23 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've seen it. It's not bad at all.

I'll stick with base and contrast with a shade hear and there. That was always the one thing I hated with Bloodbowl and loved with Heroscape...but nothings perfect.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 7th, 2022 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Still expect the occasional grumble about paint. LOL
Old August 8th, 2022, 08:31 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Any chance they will sell new components only in a separate pack, especially the minis but also terrain etc., for us old folks who still have all their old terrain and other stuff? That's really the big question for me on the whole project so far.

As for painting, a number of us have been wondering if the new army cards will show "official" paint schemes for the mins for us to follow.

I understand that the marketing of Heroquest is the model, but I'm not taking that literally, but more for the communication aspect. (I owned HQ back when it came out--wish I'd kept the minis)!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion