Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 10th, 2019, 11:26 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
So the stairs are functional? I take it the bases fit in slots between steps. Pretty nice.
The problem I have found with stairs is getting them to line up with Heroscape levels. If they line up well in a couple spots per flight you could make it work for sure.
Something like that could really help interior play of buildings.
Hahma could you see how many levels high the stairs are in Heroscape?
Oh and how many hexes long, looks like about 6?
Old September 10th, 2019, 11:34 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
So the stairs are functional? I take it the bases fit in slots between steps. Pretty nice.
The problem I have found with stairs is getting them to line up with Heroscape levels. If they line up well in a couple spots per flight you could make it work for sure.
If the are anywhere close to the ladder pieces it’s a win.

I am closer to going hexless...eventually all my hex terrain is going to deteriorate

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 10th, 2019, 11:41 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hopefully CityScape will not require hex pieces or at least very few. That is what I hope for at least.
Old September 10th, 2019, 04:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If the are anywhere close to the ladder pieces it’s a win.

I am closer to going hexless...eventually all my hex terrain is going to deteriorate
Awesome. If you are going hexless Ill send some cool terrain in that regard with the other stuff.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
The stairs is only 3 1/2 hexes long. The top landing is right about 8 high.

Regular Heroscape bases are too wide. 28mm wide bases is as wide as will fit.

I suppose you could have the bottom landing and partial hex as ground level, the top landing hex as 8 and figure out the height of the 2 hexes in between.

Kind of a non starter with Heroscape bases.

For me and Legion, I may just use some spare 25mm Reaper bases as standing spots , since those smaller bases will fit between stairs. Kind of what we did for the Scape ladder and Clix bases being too thick.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:20 PM

Right on, thanks.
Old September 12th, 2019, 11:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma , are you using the stairs as normal terrain for legion? Id probably go that route if I used some of my stairs. I got my AtSt and shoretroopers a couple days ago but was able to finally put them together last night. That ATST model is so cool. I decided not to magnetize it. The ATRTs are a better idea to magnetize because they only take 1 of the 3 attachments. The ATST can take all 4 weapons at once. I plan on getting it and the shoretroopers painted this weekend. I havent qued anything up to paint mini wise since I finished my walking dead collection. I finally got my other game mat in the mail. I decided to pick up another runewars grassy battlefield mat. I had one and thought it was great. I had been using it on half the battlefield but now Ive got enough mats to cover the entire 3x6 board with grassland. Im debating if I want to make custom legion cards to use the point fixes from the last rrg or just use tabletop simulator. I plan on using the fixes, Its bound to be more fun.

Old September 12th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

G @TREX

Stairs will be normal terrain.

I also didn't magnetise the AT-ST, for the same reasons you mentioned. It's a cool model.

That's cool that you got another mat, so y can use just one for a smaller game that requires a 3x3 mat, or add the second for Legion games.

I'll have to check with my buddy Brian before we play our next game, as to whether or not we will use the new points. I would like to use them, as you said, it should be more fun to get the more expensive units or heavy weapons troopers at a new lower cost.

Did you see the upcoming Escape Pod release with R2D2 and C3PO?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...ourney-begins/

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 21st, 2019, 02:09 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
G @TREX

Stairs will be normal terrain.

I also didn't magnetise the AT-ST, for the same reasons you mentioned. It's a cool model.

That's cool that you got another mat, so y can use just one for a smaller game that requires a 3x3 mat, or add the second for Legion games.

I'll have to check with my buddy Brian before we play our next game, as to whether or not we will use the new points. I would like to use them, as you said, it should be more fun to get the more expensive units or heavy weapons troopers at a new lower cost.

Did you see the upcoming Escape Pod release with R2D2 and C3PO?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...ourney-begins/
For the most part it shouldn't be too hard to use the updated points. I use Tabletop Admiral for my Army Building. The guys just come over to my place and build an army from what I have anyway. Most of the time they have an idea of what they want to run and just fill in points based on what upgrade cards work for them. I'm still looking into printing the new RRG. I printed the older one that was fifty something pages long. The new one is 80 or so. I really like having a physical RRG in hand. The index is surprisingly helpful and you can find what you need very quickly.

I did see the new R2 and 3PO box. It doesn't excite me a ton. I have so much terrain as it is so I don't need the terrain. I've 3d printed some astromech droids as well as rebased my IA Chopper figure. He fits in nicely. With all the other options of units that are out that I think have more play ability or fun factor they rank lower on the list. I got my AT ST painted and based. My Bro in Law Steve came by my house and seen it and said, "I have to play with that". So he is going to try out Imperials against me and I'll have to fight the thing, because naturally I really don't mind letting the people that come out for a game run what they'd like. I told him if he runs that I might have to try out double tanks. When we had our 4 player free for all the other day.(Which was a blast) I ran a very heavy 6 storm trooper core army with nothing else really but DLT's but also ran veers and boba fett. The other Imperial Player ran vader and a bunch of DT's and a squad of snowtroopers, tore me up with vader. I think he choked out at least 3 of my DLT gunners, while his death troopers ripped up the rest. Then to the side, my Bro in law was running triple AT RT's with two equipped with flamers and one with a Chaingun. He blazed a couple of full squads of storm troopers. They all had a blast and cant wait to get in another game. I'm going to get in some Imperial vs Imperial action again here soon I can tell. Unless I decide to play a little rebel scum? I'm not done painting my squad of Shore troopers yet, and I just Ordered 1 pack of Taun Tauns. As far as my other minis that I don't use for anything, I've been on a give a way binge. I'll be shipping more stuff out next week. I'll be giving away a couple more Rancors next week as well, but I'll still have 5 of them. One IA one, and 4 more 3d Prints for Legion. I will be painting the next 3 of them in a couple of interesting color schemes. One will be some shades of red with some beige and white markings. One will be a multi shade of some greens, and I'm thinking the 3rd one may be in some blue tones. I googled some images and found some fun source material. It will be fun to look at I'm sure. I've been teaching my one Niece how to paint, and I think she is ready to dive into painting some of my minis with me. I told her she can just go into the mancave and pick some of her choice. I've only got a few thousand to do. I'm printing my other Niece a 5x5x5in Baby Groot right now. I've been printing a bunch of stuff for relatives and been painting that stuff instead of minis this last week. The kids all want something special to paint after seeing me paint all the stuff for different people. Its pretty fun. I'll be getting to do more painting tomorrow for sure.

Old September 22nd, 2019, 11:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Got all excited by the 14 new post of awesomeness I was expecting...instead I find 14 spam posts.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 11:41 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Got all excited by the 14 new post of awesomeness I was expecting...instead I find 14 spam posts.
Im not sure I follow?

Old September 22nd, 2019, 11:44 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Im not sure I follow?
I just deleted 14 spam posts from this thread. When my subscription told me 14 posts I rushed in to see what you guys posted...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures