Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 26th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Book of Mechanical Constructs (Public Play Testing)

Personality: Functional ???
Old May 28th, 2017, 07:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Based on Ronin's test I've asked Lobster to run at least one of his test with Brainiac 13 and I'll probably suggest that to any future testers as well. I'd hate for Brainiac to drive up the cost too much but if it's small then it won't be too big of a deal.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 5th, 2017, 01:24 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Lobster's test He didn't have the Brainiac Luck that Ronin did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Mechanical Constructs (40)

Army Test
Map: Broken Skyline
Units: Brainiac 13, Mechanical Constructs x3 (870) VS. Elextra, Bullseye, Hand Ninja x2, Punisher, Lady Shiva (870)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Broken Skyline
Units: Arnim Zola, Silver Samurai, Mechanical Constructs x8 (760) VS. Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo, 5th Precinct Beat Cops (765)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Simple and straightforward. Seem like they could be a tad overpriced but the “subservient” personality implies they may be carrying some cost of a synergy.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: The 1st game was a beatdown for the MCs. Elektra is obviously a strong counter to them however, plus the multi-attacks from the Ninjas. Brainiac couldn’t keep up with all the attacks to his single attack. Ok you caught me, game two was my attempt at a TMNT brawl, I couldn’t resist seeing the Constructs as Mousers although their Range sets them apart. Overall no concerns with these guys, not sure a 2 power design could get much simpler

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 5th, 2017, 01:27 AM
A Man of Taste

I'm going to give Laughing Matter a chance to turn in his test before I proceed here so he doesn't get another strike against him for free peeks.

Old June 7th, 2017, 11:47 AM
A Man of Taste

Laughing_Matter's test

Quote:
Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine (No Glyphs)
Units: Brainiac 13 (750), Loki (420), Vision (285), Cyborg (200), Angstrom Levy (225), Mechanical Constructs x3 (120) [2,000] vs Kang II (400), Kang (270), Kang (270), Flash a.k.a. Wally West (280), Invincible (360), Allen the Alien (400), Cheetah Beast Boy (20) [2000]

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine (No Glyphs)
Units: Brainiac 13 (750), Angel (90), Mechanical Constructs x4 (160) [1,000] vs Fantastic Four [1,000]

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: These guys make for decent filler units, and a great, low-cost option for guys like Brainiac 13, or Ultron to use as shell bodies. They don't offer a lot of offensive of defensive power though, so around 40 points feel good for these guys.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I don't know what the plan is for these guys, but I'd be happy to draft them anytime I need another 40 points to round out an army.
[/qoute]

Old June 7th, 2017, 11:59 AM
A Man of Taste

When Brainiac 13 isn't around 40 may be a tad high but not enough to worry about. With Brainiac however they are preforming quite well.

3-4 without Brainiac with all being rather close and one win Ronin said the constructs had above average luck.

3-1 with Brainiac 13 and it one win the LM stated he didn't play them optimally or the win could have been worse and Ronin thought the combo was really strong.

Overall 6-5

Perhaps someone with better understanding of how to evaluate these test could offer advice. Is the Brainiac combo broken at 40 points or just really strong?

@Tornado -
@johnny139 -
@Viegon -
@Yodaking -
@dok
@Dysole @weebaer
@Soundwarp SG-1

Old June 7th, 2017, 12:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I mean... this is one of those things where if we had designed them in the opposite order we would have maybe bumped B13 a bit. But I don't think it's reasonable to bump the price of every cheap android just so that B13 doesn't have as many revive options. That's too big of a restriction on future design, IMO.

I don't think B13 is broken with these guys, just good.
Old June 7th, 2017, 12:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I just browsed the Brainiac 13 play test reports and he was only ever played with a squad figure androids (Killer Penguins) once in all his games. We could always just update his card to specify Contingency Program 13 only works on unique Androids & Cyborgs.
Old June 7th, 2017, 01:08 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Some adjustment to B13 (a-la the discussed changes to Strange) makes more sense than trying to bump the price of every common Android in order to deny B13 synergy.

Still, I'm not convinced the B13 + Constructs army is broken good anyway. Yeah, getting the last wound on B13 will be really annoying if you can't clean out the constructs first, but you're just facing one attack of 6 each turn. And it's not like B13 goes back to full life - you'll have to strike the killing blow 4 times on average, but getting the first ten wounds is still the hard part.
Old June 7th, 2017, 01:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

He does get fully healed when replacing an android or cyborg though.

CONTINGENCY PROGRAM 13

If Brainiac 13 would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing him from the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. Before rolling, you may choose an Android or Cyborg you control and add 6 to the roll. If you roll 13 or higher, Brainiac 13 ignores any wounds he would have received, and if you chose an Android or Cyborg, destroy it, place Brainiac 13 on the space previously occupied by the chosen figure, and remove all Wound Markers from this card.
Old June 7th, 2017, 01:39 PM

Oh. Right. Yeah, so it gets pretty bad if your army isn't well-equipped to fan out over the map and deal with all of them.

One option would be to limit B13's healing to the life total of the figure being destroyed. Is that arguably thematic? I don't know B13 at all.

At any rate, my original point stands: I don't see how we can reasonably balance this on the mechanical construct card (outside of something like specifically outlawing their use for Contingency Program).
Old June 7th, 2017, 03:20 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Oh. Right. Yeah, so it gets pretty bad if your army isn't well-equipped to fan out over the map and deal with all of them.

One option would be to limit B13's healing to the life total of the figure being destroyed. Is that arguably thematic? I don't know B13 at all.

At any rate, my original point stands: I don't see how we can reasonably balance this on the mechanical construct card (outside of something like specifically outlawing their use for Contingency Program).
Thanks dok

with that then I propose moving Mechanic Constructs @ 40 points to Final Editing

@Tornado -
@johnny139 -
@Viegon -
@Yodaking -

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library