Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 16th, 2014, 12:29 AM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker
HyGroundTiles- 3D printing custom terrain

Hey guys I didn't know if I should post this here or in the custom terrain section, but I recently ran across this start up company called HyGroundTiles. What they are doing is making custom hex tiles like heroscape that snap in like legos (I've never seen how they work so I don't fully understand the concept of how they work). I reached out to them through instagram and found out the hexes will be compatible with heroscape's hexes/terrain. I thought what they are doing looks awesome and I feel like more people here would enjoy the stuff! They are looking at starting to go live in about a month so hopefully I can get my hands on some stuff to show you guys! I'll include there facebook page and some pictures of what they got below. Thanks guys and I hope this is something that interest at least a few people!

https://www.facebook.com/hygroundtiles

I also suggested that they make a few youtube videos to help explain how these tiles are used. They said that they would start working on that!
Old July 16th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: HyGroundTiles- 3D printing custom terrain

This needs a needs a Kickstarter. I would definitally throw money at this.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 16th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Pretty cool. Thanks for posting.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 16th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. The bridge and waterfalls are really impressive.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 17th, 2014, 12:21 AM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Hey guys I didn't know if I should post this here or in the custom terrain section, but I recently ran across this start up company called HyGroundTiles. What they are doing is making custom hex tiles like heroscape that snap in like legos (I've never seen how they work so I don't fully understand the concept of how they work). I reached out to them through instagram and found out the hexes will be compatible with heroscape's hexes/terrain. I thought what they are doing looks awesome and I feel like more people here would enjoy the stuff! They are looking at starting to go live in about a month so hopefully I can get my hands on some stuff to show you guys! I'll include there facebook page and some pictures of what they got below. Thanks guys and I hope this is something that interest at least a few people!

https://www.facebook.com/hygroundtiles

I also suggested that they make a few youtube videos to help explain how these tiles are used. They said that they would start working on that!
Well there goes my next month's paycheck... so worth it.
Dat bridge man... and those waterfalls are solid plastic gold.

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old July 17th, 2014, 01:20 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

It looks like the kickstarter starts soon.

http://instagram.com/p/qUTXf8EDKI/

Pretty awesome stuff.

Some of it looks a bit too bright or cartoony but nothing a wash couldn't tone down.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 17th, 2014, 04:08 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Old July 17th, 2014, 11:01 PM

ScottyZ is surprisingly tart

Looks really interesting but... would really like some info on how this integrates with Heroscape tiles. It says it does, but unless I'm missing something it doesn't show how. It doesn't even go into detail about how the tiles interlock with each other, though I can imagine how they interlock vertically, I don't see any horizontal connection.

This may all be pretty much moot for me as I'm making the leap to playing without hexes, and just measuring distance, but that waterfall looks pretty awesome.
Old July 18th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I bet they have a clip on the bottom most layer and the rest just stack from there. Not a solid as HErsocape but it would still work.

I imagine they agains just sit ontop of the heroscape tiles, with the "bump" in the center keeping them in place.

I'm not really interested in the "tiles" since I have a ton of those, but some of the caps and LOS blockers look cool.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 18th, 2014, 06:55 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I asked them and they said that both caps and bases come in different sizes. You can connect them by overlapping pieces. Such as using a 2 hex cap to connect 2 one hex bases. And vice versa.
Old July 20th, 2014, 12:58 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Old July 20th, 2014, 02:06 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Tile bases and caps come in 1, 2, 3, 6 and other configurations. There are no clips, everything connects with a U-shaped edging, and snaps together like upside-down Legos. Base surfaces are female-sided; base and cap undersides are male-sided, like so:

Expansion sets so far: Graveyard, pine forest, overhead tree fort & wooden bridges, waterfalls (with hex stone pillars of varying height), lava, rock overhangs...

Base colors: Brown, grey, lava orange, white
Cap textures: grass, stone, cobblestone, cooled "holey" lava, sand, mud, water, wooden walkways (tree fort only?)...snow?

www.hygroundtiles.com

Last edited by UtahScott; July 20th, 2014 at 02:27 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion