Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 7th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

I have a MARS NHSD event on the books: 10/18 at a new site, Games and Stuff, in Glen Burnie. It's a little closer to Baltimore, but still on the south side of the beltway. Hopefully it's slightly more centrally located, @Johngee .

No format yet; this is just a save-the-date announcement. It's much bigger game shop, with a bigger dedicated play space and a bigger selection of games. It's one of the granddaddies of regional board game shops.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 9th, 2014, 04:46 PM

Shooter McGavin has disabled reputation

Hi all! It's been soooo long since I was on here. Too much stuff going on like daughter going to college, son learning to drive, and my new house being built. I haven't even played one game of HS in at least a year! I miss it.

I played in an Android Netrunner tournament and was lucky enough to top 4, but that's about the only tournament I went to in like the last 8 months. Darn these life responsibilities getting in the way.

Anyone still play in PA or is everything happening in Jersey? I've been out of the loop so long I don't even know who is playing anymore. I did the X wing thing for awhile too, but no one besides Ed and I play that or anything else around here. I even did a demo day of Android Netrunner and X Wing at my friends game shop in Bloomsburg PA, and not one person was even remotely interested in learning either game. All they wanted to do was play MTG which is the only game around here people are interested in. Been there, done that, and will never go back. Lol.

Anyways, was just curious how everyone was doing, what you are playing, and where you're playing at.

Skulls on defense, Shields on attack....That's how I roll. 19-16 tournament record.
Member of the smallest HS group ever.
Go Skook Scapers!
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:29 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Hello Everyone, I just actually Played a match against Taeblewalker.
He mentioned the 20th of Sept. I would be interested in trying to attend this event.

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I have a MARS NHSD event on the books: 10/18 at a new site, Games and Stuff, in Glen Burnie. It's a little closer to Baltimore, but still on the south side of the beltway. Hopefully it's slightly more centrally located, @Johngee .

No format yet; this is just a save-the-date announcement. It's much bigger game shop, with a bigger dedicated play space and a bigger selection of games. It's one of the granddaddies of regional board game shops.
Well, we now have a format: 440 points, 20 hexes, War of the Worlds. "Be True To Your School," as I titled the OP. I hope many of you can come.

= =
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon4201976 View Post
Hello Everyone, I just actually Played a match against Taeblewalker.
He mentioned the 20th of Sept. I would be interested in trying to attend this event.
This is the wrong thread for that, though. There's a Long Island thread here that you should be posting in.

Old September 10th, 2014, 04:38 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks I posted there.

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 11th, 2014, 12:56 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin View Post

<...snip/snip...>
Anyways, was just curious how everyone was doing, what you are playing, and where you're playing at.
@ Shooter McGavin - Hi back at ya. It's always good to here from another H'Scaper. I'm glad to hear that you ain't dead yet, but sorry to hear about your son's and daughter's coming of age and you having to go through these rites of passage with them... soon you won't have any hair left. ~~lol~~

If you go back and read the two previous pages (#70 & 71), you'll see that 9 out of the 24 posts were mine (on 6/21 & 28, 7/11, 21, & 22, 8/11, 25, & 26, and 9/7). They summarize what games I was into all summer as I performed a tremendous amount of Home and Garden maintenance. It got pretty lonely at times, not hearing many responses, but I persevered in my attempts to keep this Forum Thread alive.

I'm in a Star Wars X-Wing group through MeetUp-dot-COM and FaceBook that has been growing exponentially and has become very active in coordinating local events at a dozen game stores in the Toms River, Atlantic City, Glassboro, and Cherry Hill, NJ "box" - so that tournament dates don't overlap and siphon off attendees. It's cool that I can play SW:X-W almost any day of the week, but every location is still over an hour's drive away and with needing to go to Hicksville, NY and/or Glen Burnie, MD ( 3+ hrs. ) just to play some HeroScape... I have to limit my participation to what my wallet can afford (only once or twice a month).

I hope all is well with you and yours. Do keep in touch.
~ John G.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 12th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
I have to limit my participation to what my wallet can afford (only once or twice a month).
I feel your pain. I get stretched pretty thin too just going to Brooklyn once or twice a month. But I'm glad that you'll be coming up again to see us in NY. And I'm hoping to get down to the next MD tournament myself.

Old September 12th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oops! Sorry I didn't tag you, @Taeblewalker . Glad you found the thread without me! I'll count on you to say something to @Sherman Davies , @chas , and @kolakoski , so I won't tag them, either.

= =
Old September 13th, 2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
I have to limit my participation to what my wallet can afford (only once or twice a month).
I feel your pain. I get stretched pretty thin too just going to Brooklyn once or twice a month. But I'm glad that you'll be coming up again to see us in NY. And I'm hoping to get down to the next MD tournament myself.
@ @Taeblewalker - OH, if you're definitely going to D_S's NHSD event in GB, MD ... can you pick me up on the way? Once you cross the Outer Bridge from Staten Island, just take the Garden State Parkway south for 100 miles instead of getting on the NJ Turnpike there at the Woodbridge/Edison exchange. Then we can take Rt.'s 50, 49, 55, & 40 the extra 50 miles over to the Delaware Memorial Bridge ~~lol~~

I hope you realize that I'm just kidding. But if we did coordinate our itineraries - we could meet up at the Delaware, Cheasapeake, and/or Maryland Rest stops to refill our coffee mugs. Gonna need a lot of caffeine for this Unexpected Journey.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 19th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

IAM BACK!!! (again) This whole working and going to college is a complete drag. I have no time for anything fun. I hardly have time to do anything. Is anything happening in the S. NJ area? If anything is could one of you guys message or email me? I now have messages set to forward to my email.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old September 19th, 2014, 10:32 PM

Hi @DragonSlayer2 - Quick answer is: *NO* there is nothing HeroScape-wise happening in Southern (and to my knowledge also Eastern, Western, or Northern) New Jersey. Unless you want to meet me somewhere. I drove all the way to Hicksville, Long Island in July just to play some H'Scape and I am going back there tomorrow for the same reason. Next month for NHSD ( 10/18 ) I will probably be going to Glen Burnie (past Baltimore), Maryland and will have to past thru Millville/Vineland to get to I-95. If you want to come with me, I still have room for a few passengers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events