Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old June 26th, 2011, 05:47 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!
Conquest of Nerath

I just picked up the New game in the D&D Board Game Series

D&D: Conquest of Nerath.

Retail Price: $80 Canadian.

I have purchased both Castle Ravenloft and Wrath of Ashardalon and loved them. Even my wife is a fan of these games. At $60 each be sure you pick them up. They have Heroscape sized figures and it is a great deal for the number of hours you can spend playing them. Also Solo Play makes these games GOLD.

I've been waiting patiently for this new game.

Back to Conquest of Nerath.

The Game box is very well designed (as with the previous D&D board games), with perfectly sized holders for all the game pieces. Flip the box over, throw it on the bed, travel across the country and you can be confident that the game will still be nicely organized. BRAVO on the box design WotC. 10 out of 10.

Game pieces.

My only peeve about the previous D&D board games was the game board graphics. They were spartan and uninteresting. However this has changes with this new game. Be ready for vivid colour and great graphics. The cards could still use some fun graphics.

The plastic minis are great, small but highly detailed. Not Heroscape sized

There are 4 Factions that you can play allied or independent depending on your choice of game style. Variety is the spice of life. 9-10 I don't give 10 out of 10 to unpainted figures.

Dice - LOTS AND LOTS OF DICE. - 6, 8, 10, 12 and 20 sided.

Instructions are detailed complete and well illustrated.

Game play: Consider this my unboxing review I'll let you know about game play once I have my first go at it. But I was so impressed with what you get for the money I had to post.

Cheers,

Delphic, grudgingly a WotC board game fan.
Bring back Scape you motherless sons.

PS. Buy all the D&D board games you will not be disappointed.

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:43 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Re: Conquest of Nerath

I have been really looking forward to this game too. Mine is shipping from Amazon today. The reviews have all been very good so I can't wait for it.
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've played a couple of solitaire games, both with allies and free for all, and had lots of fun. Its now known as "The Axis and Allies of Fantasy Games." I think its meant to get D&D folk into board gaming. But it works just fine for us regular wargamers who have done much FRP. At first all the links to D&D made me think it would be a complicated game, but actually its not, and even for an old school D&D player, it brings back fond memories of the old times when D&D was a new game system!

Last edited by chas; November 25th, 2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:50 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Have had my copy for a bit, yet to play though.

-insert signature here-
Old November 29th, 2011, 08:41 PM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

The first 3 games - Ravenloft, Ashardalon, and Drizzit all seem to be similar and interchangeable. It does not sound like Nerath would work together with any of those games, or have I got that wrong?
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targanth View Post
The first 3 games - Ravenloft, Ashardalon, and Drizzit all seem to be similar and interchangeable. It does not sound like Nerath would work together with any of those games, or have I got that wrong?
Those three are lite dungeon crawl modules in a more board game-y format. Conquest is it's own thing which is kinda like Axis and Allies or Risk but in a D&D world. Pretty different, so no, not interchangeable with the others.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games