Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old March 9th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Cartographers Choice - Mapmakers Personal Favorites

By far, my favorites are:

Build Instructions

Build Instructions

My Maps

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old March 9th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Here are my favorite two:

First: Forgotten Highway

The swamps and jungle have over taken an old highway. Parts of the highway may still be usable, but other parts have sunken into the swampy water, been overgrown by plants, or covered by sand and silt in the recent flooding. Your troops have been assigned the honor of scouting the old highway and to determine if it is usable. Little do you know that the same assignment was given to your enemy's troops. The two of you meet in the middle of nowhere.

This map was nominated for BOV, but failed to get reviewed on a 3 to 3 vote. I know it's been used in a few tournament/game days. One nice feature is that it uses the road, but not the trees from RttFF. There are several good tournament maps that use the trees from RttFF but not the road, so you can use this map with those in tournaments and get "double usage" from your RttFF sets.

Second: Spring Thaw

This map was created for R˙chean's Gencon map contest last year. It is "semi-symetrical"; that is, not completely symetrical, but still balanced in each sides ability to get high ground, glyphs, etc. This map has also been used in some tournament/game days. I've been working on and off for a while a second version of this map that makes the glyph behind the glacier a little easier to get to and also has a few other minor changes.

Here is a link to my map thread that includes these and others I have uploaded.
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Well, since I hope to make it go into BOV someday, here:

Hail and Brimstone Morazz Requires 1 SotM, 1 TT, 2 VW

Last edited by MegaSilver; March 2nd, 2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old March 9th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker

A couple of my old favorites:

The Keyholes at Wolf Swamp Road - 1 RotV, 1 RttFF

Ternion Shelf - 2 RotV, 2 RttFF, plus some additional tiles
Old March 11th, 2010, 12:33 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Sirocco

Umbra

Incendium

Hellsgate

Blackroot

Last edited by mad_wookiee; September 5th, 2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

OK so I'm not a Major mapbuilder, but I do love my new map. I have tested the Ruins of Valhalla Capitol a few times with my dad and have seen mixed results, so I think it a a worthy map. (Due to being a Mac user I cannot make VirtualScape files)
Ruins of Valhalla Capitol

Build Instructions
Just put castle wall pieces instead of the tall stacks of road tiles, and look at the images for battlement placement.

Last edited by tcglkn; May 4th, 2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old May 4th, 2010, 02:22 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

My favorite map of mine thus far:

The Fire Swamp (1x SotM, 1x VW, 2x TJ)

There are some really tough choices to make when moving through the swamp (hey, no one has ever made it through alive, except Westley and Buttercup), and not a lot of safe hexes (and nearly all of the safe hexes are on low ground). The Flame Spurts (molten lava spaces) are strategically (or evilly, I guess) placed to force the action up onto the lava fields and Lightning Sand. Plus, those 4 Treasures out there (the Glyphs of Thorian are face-down, random Treasure glyphs) are just screaming to be picked up by some heroes, if they can shake off the Rodents of Unusual Size:

Rodents of Unusual Size
When your figure springs the trap of Rodents of Unusual Size, choose an opponent. That opponent may attack your figure with 4 attack dice. You may roll defense dice normally. The attack is considered to come from a Large figure.

Also, there is, of course, a special rule for the sand spaces, which are the Lightning Sand:

Lightning Sand
When your Small or Medium figure without either the Flying or Stealth Flying Special Power moves onto a sand space from a non-sand space, roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 1, that figure is destroyed. If you roll a 2-5, that figure receives one wound and must end their movement. If you roll a 6 or higher, nothing happens.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Last edited by killercactus; May 4th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's not easy choosing my favorites. (I love all my children equally.)

The Great City

Huge Epic Battlefield

Tactical Mobile Fortress 01

Templo de los Weirdscaper

Operation: Cold-Front (part one)

And many, many, many more. ----> Dr. Weirdscaper's Maps

Last edited by Dr. Weirdscaper; May 7th, 2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: And many, many, many more.
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Gratuitous bump for some new selections for my top 3 maps.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old June 11th, 2010, 08:36 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker

A few of my favorites by me that I've gotten to play on.
Most of them are large, as with the games I've had we usually go for my bigger maps than small tournament size ones.

Arcadia Colosseum

9 ROTV, 4 RTTFF, 4 FOTA

The Kirlsa Training Facility

6 ROTV, 2 RTTFF, 2 VW, 1 TT, 4 FOTA

Gemity

6 ROTV, 4 RTTFF, 4FOTA

Stormy Jungle

2 ROTV, 2 SOTM, 4 TJ

Arena of the Colossi

12 ROTV, 4 RTTFF, 4 FOTA

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco

Last edited by STAROCEAN980; June 11th, 2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

This is definitely my most innovative map, and has been a lot of fun to play in games past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
PDF Download (Tundra version)

PDF Download (Non-tundra version)

This map combines two innovative map features and boasts a game-play experience like no other.

The first of these features is the brainchild of White Noise, which he calls "A Practical Approach to Large Caves and Tunnels." The gist of his idea is that, in order to make a cavern area accessible, one can simply model that part of the map separately and let figures traverse between the two maps - Spaces on the separate cavern section are built to coincide with spaces on the main map, allowing one to act as if they are parts of the same landscape.

The second feature is my own idea, which involves the Heat-of-Battle scenario. In the standard form of this scenario, there are no designated start zones. To begin the game, players take turns placing one army card's worth of figures on the board until all figures are placed. Obviously, the metagame changes drastically in this scenario - melee figures skyrocket in playability and range suffers heavily.

My idea involves creating a hybrid of sorts by combining conventional start zones with a designated heat-of-battle zone. Players would have the option of placing their figures in their own start zone or in the neutral heat-of-battle zone. They would alternate placing one army card's worth of figures just like they would in the standard Heat-of-Battle scenario, except that not all sections of the map would be available for figure placement.

Combining these two features, I have produced this map titled "Cold Mountain." There is an alternate version that doesn't require the tundra set for those who don't own it. The tundra version (which I recommend for aesthetics and the slippery ice rule) requires 3 RotV, 2 RttFF, 1 FotA, and 1 TT. The non-tundra version requires the same sets minus Thaelek Tundra.

Non-tundra version

Rouby's maps
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

My best map? Easy choice.

Linky Link of Linkational Linkitude

-Kaiser "Hero of Time" Cat

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios