Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old September 21st, 2007, 10:00 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Thanks for the feed back.

For the Klingon ships I am pretty comfortable were they are. The Vor'Cha is much smaller than a Galaxy-class but it typically described as roughly equilavent to a Galaxy-class in combat.

For the Romulan Warbird I did a little more research and it is described as having more firepower than a Galaxy-class so i will bump them up a little, Not enough to be equal to 2 or 3 Galaxy-class ship but a little better than 1 Galaxy-class.

The Defiant is tougher. At one point Du'kat descibes the Defiant as one of the most powerful ships in the quadrant and in that same episode (the one with Thomas Riker stealing the Defiant) the Defiant defeats several Cardassian ships. Then in the episode when Starfleet is trying to take over Earth I remember the Defiant battling the Lakota (an Excelsior-class) to pretty much a draw. I did see that episode again last night and it is mentioned that the Lakota's weapon are more powerful than a typical Excelsior-class ship. Hence, I will bump the Defiant up to the Ambassadoe-class level (I still think it should be below the Galaxy-class).

Another tough one is the Cardassian Galor-class ships. Maybe it should be at the Galaxy-class/Vor'Cha-class level, but I am not sure.

The Jem Hadar attack ship I will handle a little different. Maybe I will increase its attack capabilities to the Ambassador-class level and leave its defensive capabilities pretty low (they seem to get destroyed pretty easily).

Thanks again for the feedback.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 12:47 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker
I thought Enterprise C was the science ship Kirk was lost on in Generations. I also thought the same ship (Same name different ship in every way) was used in one of the TNG episodes where it was suppose to help some space station and helps the Federation and Klingon Empire to peaceful coexistance.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 01:44 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Enterprise B was in generations... I had the toy, it was UV discolored like it went through the nexus, sold it for $60 lol. Just wish I could sell all the other star trek crap I have... not into it anymore.
Old January 6th, 2011, 02:00 AM

russwaddel08 costs too much!
Re: Need help from Star Trek fans.

If you watch the movie "First Contact," the Defiant was in the battle with the Borg when the Enterprise-E shows up. They beam Worf off the ship and Riker comments "Tough little ship." Warf responds, "Little!?"

In the episode "The Way of the Warrior," the Defiant holds off 2 birds-of-prey and a Vor'Cha-class attack cruiser to save the Cardassian leaders from the Klingons. Also, the Klingons unveil the their new flagship, the Neg'var in that episode. I'm not sure what that was, but it looked like a Vor'cha-class on Steroids. The Defiant also has a cloaking device and eblada (sp) armor (the precursor to the armor used in Voyager's episode "Endgame"). The Neg'var was able to blow up some shield generators and docking rings on DS9 in the same episode, so I would guess that it had power equal to the Enterprise-E.

Trek fans are not fans of Nemesis, but in that movie the Enterprise-E is able to hold off the Scimitar (and that ship is loaded with 52 disrupter banks and 32 photon launchers) with Quantum Torpedos and 2 INEFFECTIVE Romulan Warbirds (mainly because Shinzon didn't want to kill Picard). So, I would put the Scimitar up with Borg Cubes (in terms of firepower) and put the Enterprise-E in the next class. While many Federation ships were not meant for combat, nevertheless, the ships are combat-ready. The Miranda (old school) and the Nebula (23rd Century upgrade) factored heavily into the Dominion War, as well as the newest Intrepid-class (Voyager) and Galaxy-class (Enterprise-D). The Soverign-class (Enterprise-E) only had 2 ships (if memory serves, at the time of the Insurrection movie there was only the Enterprise-E and the Soverign) by the time the Dominion War ended they had produced a couple more. If you look at the display when Data and Picard are talking (after Picard's rescue) and they are heading back to Federation Space, you will note that they had 6 or so ships waiting for them in sector 10-46. These included the Soverign, the Intrepid and the Galaxy (you might have to have a 4x zoom. I have a Sony DVD player, and I zoomed in 4x to see it). So, those were still in use when that movie ended, as well as the Enterprise-E and the Titan (which class escapes me at the moment).

So, I would do this:

Class A (or highest)-Borg Cubes/Scimitar
Class B-Enterprise-E/Neg'var/DS9
Class C-Romulan Warbird/Vor'cha class/Voyager/Soverign-class
Class D-Galaxy-Class/Cardassian cruisers/Defiant
Class E-Nebula-class/Upgraded Bird-of-prey/Intrepid-class (non-modified)
Class F-Miranda-class/Stargazer/Ferengi Cruisers (the ferengi cruiser might be one class higher in the future, but in the TNG episode, Picard notes that the Stargazer was equal to the cruiser it faced)
Class G-Constitution-class/Older Bird-of-prey/Older Romulan warbirds
Class H-Oberth-class science vessel/Romulan Scout ship/science vessels

That should help. If you need more information, gather some older cards from the Star Trek CCG by Decipher. They had a fairly good idea of what the ships should be capable of. Not sure where the Jem'Hadar fighters fit in, but I'm sure you can work that out. This is just what I have seen using RPG stats and the old ST:TNG card game stats (from memory) with the action shown in the movies and the shows.
Old March 26th, 2011, 05:57 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart

I found these on DeviantArt.com Even though they have Star Wars vehicles, they are an outstanding comparison:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...r+wars#/d2qbrt

http://todd587.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2qbqc

I hope the links work.

"Be of good courage..."
Old March 26th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi View Post
As for what you are calling Enterprise A; are you indeed referring correctly to the Enterprise in ST:TMP (NCC-1701-A), or are you refering to the Enterprise in TOS (NCC-1701)?
<nerd> The "-A" didn't appear until the end of Star Trek IV. Up until then it was still NCC-1701. </nerd>

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games