Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 30th, 2007, 09:23 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Ne-Gok-Sa

The Book of Ne-Gok-Sa
Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: It is little wonder that the most vicious warlord from the planet Marro aligned himself with Utgar, the most vicious Valkyrie
General. Bloodthirsty, brutal, and single-mindedly obsessed in his quest for power, Ne-Gok-Sa is never unprepared for battle; his head,
arms and shoulders are implanted with permanent armor, his right hand technobionically forged into a lethal weapon. But Ne-Gok-Sa's
most fearsome power is invisible, insidious, and impossible to resist: it is the power of mind control. With this extraordinary gift that is
wasted on wickedness, Ne-Gok-Sa enslaves the minds of followers and foes alike. Though the strange chittering of his native language
is foreign to Valhallans, Ne-Gok-Sa gives orders telepathically, in the native tongues of his captors. (Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - MINDSHACKLE : Mindshackling an Opponents Ne-Gok-Sa
    Can Ne-Gok-Sa Mind Shackle another Ne-Gok-Sa figure or another unique figure that you already have on your army?
    From the Advanced FAQ: Mindshackle/Soul Devour
    Can a figure with Mindshackle or Soul Devour use either of those powers on an opponent’s Unique figure if you already have that same Unique figure (or a figure of the same name) in your Army? If successful, that would allow you to have 2 of the same Unique figure in your Army.
    No. You can never under any circumstances have 2 of the same Unique figures in your Army.

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - SU-BAK-NA : Hive Supremacy
    Belonging to the Marro race, Ne-Gok-Sa may benefit from Su-Bak-Na’s HIVE SUPREMACY d20 enhancement.

- ROMAN LEGIONNAIRES : Warlord Bonding
    As a warlord, Ne-Gok-Sa may benefit from Roman Legionnaires WARLORD BONDING synergy.

GROK RIDERS : Marro Warlord Bonding
    As a warlord, Ne-Gok-Sa may benefit from Marro Warlord Bonding synergy.

- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Ne-Gok-Sa may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - GROK RIDERS : Mark of the Warlord
    The Grok Riders get +2 attack dice against units adjacent to Marro Warlords.
  • - OTONASHI : Tricky Speed 4
    Otonashi get +4 movement if she starts her turn adjacent to Ne-Gok-Sa.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Ne-Gok-Sa- Perhaps one of the most solid master set figures, Ne-Gok-Sa will usually be one of the last figures
on the battlefield. Being a warlord, Ne-Gok-Sa can prove a decent play with the Romans. B

Ne Gok Sa
Field Notes? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5011
Mindshackle Vs. Squads? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6477
Mind Shackle and Finn/Eldgrim/Thorgrim? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=540
Mindshackle and attack? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1672
Mindshackle versus Squads? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1291
Mindshackle and death of Shackler? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=2284
And Glyph of Revival? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8011
Value of Mindshackle http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=11113

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Ne-Gok-Sa

Last edited by R˙chean; April 13th, 2015 at 10:44 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 9th, 2007, 01:22 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
To prevent the most frequent mistake seen in play when using Ne-Gok-Sa:
MINDSHACKLE only works against unique adjacent figures, independently of whether it is a squad figure or a hero.

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old May 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranas
To prevent the most frequent mistake seen in play when using Ne-Gok-Sa:
MINDSHACKLE only works against unique adjacent figures, independently of whether it is a squad figure or a hero.

Aranas
Another mistake is when folks use him to only capture ONE figure of a unique squad. If he mindshackles a unique squaddie, the whole card is yours.
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:48 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
A bit of Ne-Gok-Sa trivia:

Even though they both fight for Utgar Me-Burq-Sa is far from being Ne-Gok-Sa's buddy. Back on Marr MBS had been the top warlord until NGS unseated him, crippling him and lowering his defense.

Old August 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM

Ultarium has disabled reputation
Man Ne-gok-sa is one of my favorite characters but he is so under used, I just wish he was just a bit better like if he had 4 attack he would be soooo much better in my opinion. Plus im kinda wondering whats the real difference between a hivelord and Ne-gok-sa I figured a hivelord is a marro warlord, so...

Dont you wish your Kyrie was hot like me!
Old August 25th, 2007, 04:46 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultarium
Man Ne-gok-sa is one of my favorite characters but he is so under used, I just wish he was just a bit better like if he had 4 attack he would be soooo much better in my opinion. Plus im kinda wondering whats the real difference between a hivelord and Ne-gok-sa I figured a hivelord is a marro warlord, so...
Ne-Gok-Sa is a Warlord, Su-Bak-Na/Tor-Kul-Na are Hivelords. Maybe if NGS got to ride a huge creature he would get a promotion.
Old August 25th, 2007, 11:56 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
So I also wonder, Maybe its just Marro Ranking but. If your a lower rank does that mean who have to ride something. Cause if Ne-Gok-Sa is head Hancho why does he walk. Wouldn't the leader ride a big huge scary monster and not the other low ranking Marro?

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 26th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
NGS is a Warlord, not a Hivelord. He and Me-Burq-Sa are Utgar's liasons to Einar.
Old August 26th, 2007, 08:28 AM

Bl00DDeMoN has disabled reputation
I don't really see the point of discussing this. Who is who and why are they called that way?
The reason why leaders (hivelords) get mounts isn't just because they look more impressive or because that way they are stronger. In my point of view, leaders (hivelords) never go into battle, they just have to look at it and make strategic manouvres. So the real point why these guys are sitting on top of a huge animal is because of the view, they have a much better sight at the going battle, so they can easily change there armies strategies.
Now as far as the commanders (warlords) go, they just do what there leaders tell them to. They don't need a big mount, they are the strongest and best of there kind and chosen to lead there armies into battle. They actually do some fighting aswell as telling the army what to do.
Now that's my opinion on why he has a mount and the other one doesn't.

The other answer would just be, Ne-Gok-Sa never got his driverslicense.

My map creations

"Bravery calls my name
In the sound of the wind in the night
My sword will drink blood
And I will fight, Yes I will fight
In the dawn of battle"
Old August 26th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
I hear he prefers walking for the cardio. You can just see a little pooch forming on Su Bak Na. Marro ale is killer on the midsection.

Notice the only two walkers we have as Unique Heroes for the Marro so far are our two Mindshacklers. Might have something to do with it.

Frederic.

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:52 PM

Ultarium has disabled reputation
I swear if Ne-Gok-Sa had just one more attack he would be so much better and if he had 2 he'd kill like crazy. In light of SOTM im hoping they do more remakes, such as Ne-Gok-Sa, Carr, and other unique heros that could use a make over.

Dont you wish your Kyrie was hot like me!
Old September 4th, 2007, 07:09 AM

Bl00DDeMoN has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultarium
I swear if Ne-Gok-Sa had just one more attack he would be so much better and if he had 2 he'd kill like crazy. In light of SOTM im hoping they do more remakes, such as Ne-Gok-Sa, Carr, and other unique heros that could use a make over.
I don't think he needs anything more.
For 90 points this guy is still awesome imo.

My map creations

"Bravery calls my name
In the sound of the wind in the night
My sword will drink blood
And I will fight, Yes I will fight
In the dawn of battle"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units