Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old February 17th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Movie Discussion: Ghost Rider

Just saw Ghost Rider...and it was surprisingly good. My expectations was for some cool effects and that's it, but the movie was done well. Sure it was a bit campy but old school comic readers would dig that

And for those of you who feared Mr. Cage messing it up...fear no more. He actually played a good Blaze. Even buffed up for the role. Not sure why though, he was a frackin skeleton.

One of my favorite scenes was the rooftop and the helicopter...
Old February 17th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I was supposed to go see this yesterday but the people going with me cancelled out on me. Maybe today. Glad to hear it was well done, it looked awesome from the previews.
Old February 17th, 2007, 09:50 AM
has been BANNED

OmegaX01 is surprisingly tart
Re: Movie Discussion: Ghost Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Just saw Ghost Rider...and it was surprisingly good. My expectations was for some cool effects and that's it, but the movie was done well. Sure it was a bit campy but old school comic readers would dig that

And for those of you who feared Mr. Cage messing it up...fear no more. He actually played a good Blaze. Even buffed up for the role. Not sure why though, he was a frackin skeleton.

One of my favorite scenes was the rooftop and the helicopter...
Amen. my feelings exactly! I was really susprised how good it was, I almost want to go see it again and for me that is a super rare thing for a movie.
Old February 17th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I intend to see it.

How was Ghost Rider's voice? It was supposed to shake the theatre, did it?
Old February 17th, 2007, 10:00 AM
has been BANNED

OmegaX01 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
with the right system it would have. the theater i went to dosen't have a really great sound system.
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaX01
Quote:
with the right system it would have. the theater i went to dosen't have a really great sound system.
Awesome. Being a Ghost Rider fan, I'm obliged to see it. I wonder if my dad will take me...
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:08 AM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Awesome. Being a Ghost Rider fan, I'm obliged to see it. I wonder if my dad will take me...
My dad won't but my mom might, she says she'd like to see it, so with the right luck I"l beable to get it.

FINISH HIM!
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedan42
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My dad won't but my mom might, she says she'd like to see it, so with the right luck I"l beable to get it.
Weird. My moms says the superhero movies I covet so are derivative and repetative. My dad'll take me to Spider-Man 3 on opening day.
Old February 17th, 2007, 04:42 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
So does this feel like a complete movie or do they leave it really open for a sequel? I really dislike the trend of superhero movies not resolving anything because they're hoping for a sequel even when there is no guarantee one will be made. Superhero storytelling is easy enough to just make a new adventure with a new starting point that picks up months or years after the last movie...they don't have to leave eight million dangling threads to pick up which results in an inferior product, especially if no sequel is made.

Which type is this?
Old February 17th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
It is a movie in itself, while it could easily go into sequel mode (showing him going down the road to another town) it isnt like they had the last scene of the bad guy coming back or leaving it at some cliff hanger. It was a complete movie with no cheesy leave you hanging to the next movie cliff hangers. Just saw it by the way and I did like it alot. I was pleased with how Ghost rider was portrayed.
Old February 17th, 2007, 04:54 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
So does this feel like a complete movie or do they leave it really open for a sequel? I really dislike the trend of superhero movies not resolving anything because they're hoping for a sequel even when there is no guarantee one will be made. Superhero storytelling is easy enough to just make a new adventure with a new starting point that picks up months or years after the last movie...they don't have to leave eight million dangling threads to pick up which results in an inferior product, especially if no sequel is made.

Which type is this?
It's hard to say. Superhero movies are made for sequels. Heck, if they can squeeze three movies out of a "C" rate hero like Blade, I'm sure they can make more Ghost Rider flicks.

That being said, they did a good job of wrapping up the details, if this is indeed the only one. The problem with Ghost Rider is that he doesn't have a huge rogue gallery to deal with. Obviously his biggest foe is Mephisto, but pitting Ghost Rider against the devil is like pitting Silver Surfer against Galactus. It's not going to happen.

I just came back from it. I enjoyed it. Nicholas Cage looked like he was having fun, which was a good thing. Sure there was some overacting by everyone, which lead to quite a bit of campiness. Eva Mendes was perhaps the weakest of the cast and really didn't fit into the story, but I guess every movie needs some eye candy. Sam Elliot was fantastic in his brief role and Peter Fonda is creepy cool.
Old February 17th, 2007, 05:34 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231

Which type is this?
It's hard to say. Superhero movies are made for sequels. Heck, if they can squeeze three movies out of a "C" rate hero like Blade, I'm sure they can make more Ghost Rider flicks.

That being said, they did a good job of wrapping up the details, if this is indeed the only one. The problem with Ghost Rider is that he doesn't have a huge rogue gallery to deal with. Obviously his biggest foe is Mephisto, but pitting Ghost Rider against the devil is like pitting Silver Surfer against Galactus. It's not going to happen.

I just came back from it. I enjoyed it. Nicholas Cage looked like he was having fun, which was a good thing. Sure there was some overacting by everyone, which lead to quite a bit of campiness. Eva Mendes was perhaps the weakest of the cast and really didn't fit into the story, but I guess every movie needs some eye candy. Sam Elliot was fantastic in his brief role and Peter Fonda is creepy cool.
I'm confused...why would Silver Surfer not battle Galactus? That seems like no brainer movie showdown material for a future Fantastic Four movie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media