Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 9th, 2015, 06:06 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of City Park

The Book of City Park Map

A C3G Competitive Map

Download the PDF File
Download the PocketMod File

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set x1, Marvel: The Conflict Begins™ Master Set x2, Road to the Forgotten Forest Expansion Set x2

MAP Bio - "As cities bloomed with busy streets, factories, and skyscrapers, their inhabitants began to long for the simple greens and blues of nature: and so, the city park was born. Parks such as this are filled with grasses and trees along with concrete fountains and crisscrossing paths. Unfortunately, they're never truly wild, and a park can tend to attract the ills of the city it inhabits, becoming no stranger to crime, litter, and the occasional superheroic brawl." By Johnny139

GLYPHS USED:
None

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS USED:
None

SETUP:
  • Map Size -
SPECIAL RULES:
None

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps

Last edited by Arch-vile; October 5th, 2022 at 05:25 PM.
Old June 9th, 2015, 07:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of City Park - Design Phase

I can use this map in my next set of tests and provide a PT report on it.
Old June 9th, 2015, 07:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I took a look at the VS file to see what tiles were left. I think I put the two single hex sand tiles not currently not used under the size 11 trees so their bases are even with the surrounding terrain rather then setting down in a hole. You also have plenty of left over tiles to fill in the holes in the base layer. No point in not having a solid foundation when you have the tiles to spare.

Then was thinking it might be nice to up the water tiles by adding in a small pond on either side of the map. Maybe off to the side where the start zones don't hook around. Then units with water powers would have a couple of alternate places to go besides just the map center.
Old June 10th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Duck pond. Great idea YK.
Very cool map ZJ.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 10th, 2015, 09:53 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I took a look at the VS file to see what tiles were left. I think I put the two single hex sand tiles not currently not used under the size 11 trees so their bases are even with the surrounding terrain rather then setting down in a hole. You also have plenty of left over tiles to fill in the holes in the base layer. No point in not having a solid foundation when you have the tiles to spare.
I'll at filling in the base, the reason for that is that I always build trying to save every piece I can, but here I don't.

Quote:
Then was thinking it might be nice to up the water tiles by adding in a small pond on either side of the map. Maybe off to the side where the start zones don't hook around. Then units with water powers would have a couple of alternate places to go besides just the map center.
Adding water to the edge wouldn't help water units, unless I cover up ground I already have on there. Water units are almost always going to go the center water, 'cause it gets them in battle.

My SuperScape Maps
Old June 10th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I'm not a map maker, but as someone whose played on the map before, I can attest to how nicely the center area works for water units (and other units too; Ms. Marvel likes perching there). Also, I'm not sure if there's space to fit in a pond; the four main heights (the two larger grass areas and the two grass areas in the middle) really played nicely together, and I think removing any of them would knock it out of balance. But those areas aside there's not much room left, at least not anywhere that's relevant. My .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 10th, 2015, 01:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Just so everyone better understands what I was thinking, this is all I did to the map in VS.

Just added 3 water hexes (and enclosed them with grass where needed) to each corner of the board to serve as a fall back position. They still provide water based even or high ground to some of the road and grass tiles close by. Then if your opponent tries to avoid your water boosted figures by staying away from the middle of the board you still have some other water tiles to consider.
Old June 10th, 2015, 02:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting...I may have to look at this more in depth on my table this weekend.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 11th, 2015, 10:03 AM
C3G Super League MVP

Quote:
Just so everyone better understands what I was thinking, this is all I did to the map in VS.

Just added 3 water hexes (and enclosed them with grass where needed) to each corner of the board to serve as a fall back position. They still provide water based even or high ground to some of the road and grass tiles close by. Then if your opponent tries to avoid your water boosted figures by staying away from the middle of the board you still have some other water tiles to consider.
That looks better then I suspected, I'll updated VS file once the 48 hours are up.

My SuperScape Maps
Old June 11th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like the water tile additions, YK.

Old June 11th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some named parks in comic books:

Robinson Park in Gotham City
Centennial Park in Metropolis

Couldn't find anything for Star City, Coast City, Central City, Keystone City, or even (ha) Park City. Most of Marvel can be covered by Central Park in NYC, of course.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 11th, 2015, 06:53 PM
C3G Landlord

I built this map today and was thinking Central Park myself while building it but now that Bats mentioned some named parks from comic book cities I think I like those better. I really like how this map looks on the table. Both teams start off in the asphalt road, the road is lined with a concrete sidewalk, then a road tile walkway runs through a park filled with tress and grassy hills with a fountain right in the center. Very nice. From a game play stand point I really like the idea of having your whole army start off on low ground to the surrounding terrain. It makes you have to decide how important it is to you to move all of your figures out of the start zone before the enemy arrives. Do you put all your OMs on just a few figures and rush out to claim the center of the board or attack your opponents start zone, or do you play it safe and make sure everyone has moved up first.

I discovered a few issues though. The large tree base is slightly larger than the 4 hexes it sits on, which is only an issue when you try to surround it with other tiles. So while you can force it into it's spot, it leaves everything just a little unsettled and a few tiles off set. So I went ahead and used some of the extra single grass tiles to build up a base for all the trees. The tree are in the same exact spots, just one level higher.

The other thing I noticed is that the forward most position in each start zone is exactly 6 spaces away from the top of the fountain. We have a lot of 6 flying ranged units in C3G now so from a competitive standpoint I think this is a problem. Whoever wins initiative just zooms out to take up high ground in the center of the board on OM1 of round 1. My quick and dirty solution was to use the left over 7 hex concrete tiles to replace the forward asphalt tiles, then move the asphalt tiles & start zone spaces back to the street. There may be a better solution but here is the VS file of the changes I made so you can see what it looks like. The each start zone is now 9 hexes away from the center of the board as well as the other two single hexes of high ground on either side of the fountain.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library